PDA

View Full Version : Chef Bard Spells

ChaseC311
2020-04-03, 08:47 PM
Currently I'm making a bard who inspires and buffs his teammates through the art of Cooking instead of music. Im at an impasse on what spells would fit the cooking aesthetic. He is a Lore Bard at Level 8, so he has 12 Bard Spells +2 Misc Spells. So far, for the 12 Spells and 3 Cantrips, I have an outline for some spells I have so far, leaving me at 4 spells left, but feel free to change things up if needed. Any suggestions will be heavily appreciated

C- Prestidigitation (To Prepare and Flavor Meals)
C- Vicious Mockery ("ITS ****ING RAW!")
C- Friends (Cooking a small morsel laidened with weak enchantment magic)
1- Cure Wounds (Either feeding an ally a morsel or blowing healing spices into their face)
1- Heroism (Liquid Courage)
1- Longstrider (Literally Coffee)
1- Healing Word (Frisbeeing a glowing mushroom to an ally to burst into a psychadelic healing aroma)
2- Calm Emotions (Burning Herbs/Spices to soothe ones senses)
2- Lesser Restoration (Same effect as above's)
3- N/A
4- N/A
5- Animate Objects (Animating bell peppers/other plantlike ingredients)
5- Mass Cure Wounds (Cooking a banquet and letting the aroma waft to allies)

Zetakya
2020-04-03, 09:48 PM
You really want to get Control Flames to have that perfect control over your cooking temperature. Sadly by RAW that would require either a dip or Magic Initiate for Sorcerer. Likewise Frostbite could (with a lenient DM) be utilised for keeping things chilled. Ever wanted an ice cream in the middle of a hot dungeon crawl?

As far as Bard cantrips go I'd point at Mage Hand as a great spell to take; no more blisters from picking up hot pans from the stove!

You will almost certainly want Heroes' Feast as one of your Magical Secrets spells later on.

Comprehend Languages for reading cookbooks for foreign cuisine?

Your_Majesty
2020-04-03, 10:39 PM
Locate plants and animals to find that perfect ingredient for a recipe.

P. G. Macer
2020-04-05, 12:06 AM
Although not a spell, if your table allows Unearthed Arcana you should take the Gourmand Feat, which gives either proficiency or double-proficiency in Cook’s Utensils, and allows your meals to grant temporary HP.

As for spells, the others have noted the big ones.