PDA

View Full Version : A really quick Dragonheist question

Sigreid
2020-04-04, 12:28 PM
I don't really have any interest in the module, but if it contains a complete and detailed map of Waterdeep I might consider it worth getting for Fantasy Grounds, basically for the city information. Does it have a good map of the whole city and a good number of key NPCs that aren't just all about the adventure?

Chronos
2020-04-04, 01:15 PM
I don't know what you'll get in the electronic copy, but the hardcopy book includes a folded poster-sized map of the city. And there are stats and at least a brief blurb for every significant NPC the players have any chance of meeting.

Sigreid
2020-04-04, 02:31 PM
Thanks. Sounds like it can be used as a city sourcebook instead of an adventure. Nice!

stoutstien
2020-04-04, 02:51 PM
Thanks. Sounds like it can be used as a city sourcebook instead of an adventure. Nice!

i don't run many published campaigns but dragonheist and baldur's gate really are good books just for general city and world building.

MilkmanDanimal
2020-04-04, 04:18 PM
There's lots of information on Waterdeep. I'm sure the map is included, and there's loads of NPCs, including city officials, shopkeepers, various and sundry unpleasant thief/criminal guilds, and other stuff. As just a good city sourcebook, yeah, there's plenty there.

Sigreid
2020-04-05, 12:41 AM
Thanks again. Sounds like a good get for me.

Chronos
2020-04-05, 07:55 AM
I will say that the book could really use a chapter just about the city and how it works. Like, I've pieced together that the city is ruled by an Open Lord who everyone knows plus a council of Masked Lords whose identities are secret even from each other, but there's nowhere in the book (at least, that I've found) that explicitly spells that out, and it's not clear how it would work (how does one become a Masked Lord without the other Masked Lords finding out who they are? Why are there Masked Lords at all?).