PDA

View Full Version : Trying to remember a feats name....

Bonzai
2020-04-04, 07:12 PM
My memory could be wrong, but isn't there a feat in 3.5 that lets you avoid racial multiclassing penalties? I can't remember the name or book it is in .

I am looking at making a Kalashatar soul knife, but I want to take a single level dip into Swordsage. The main purpose is to be able to take the shadowblade feat to add dex to damage. I could take it without the dip, but it would cost me several more feats.

This is the build I was thinking of:

Kalashatar sword sage 1/soulknife 19

Feats: Skill Knowledge: Iajutsu focus & slight of hand), weapon finess, shadow blade, psionic meditation, psionic weapon, greater psionic weapon, quick draw, flick of the wrist

Flaw: vulnerable.

Skill Trick: Acrobatic back stab, hidden blade

Stance: Island of Blades

Items
25k anti magic torc
2k Adamantine mind blade gauntlets
12k belt of battle

Hidden talent substitution lvl for
Precognative Offensive (damage).

The build is based off of using the free action manifestation of the mind blade and Iajutsu focus. Use flick of the wrist, acrobatic backstab, and hidden blade to trigger Iajutsu damage. The Island of Blades stance also lets you get easy flanks. Using the Kalashatar power points to fuel precognative offense, psionic weapon feats, and Iajustu you get some significant single strike damage. Weapon finess and shadow blade let you focus almost entirely on dex.

The belt of battle lets you get extra move actions for psychic strike or regaining your psionic focus for pschic weapon.

The torc is fun, as you can keep your mind blade in an antimagic field.

The only major flaw in the build is the multiclassing penalties. I think there is a feat that could let me get around this, but I can't remember the name or where to look...

Any help or feedback on the build would be appreciated.

ExLibrisMortis
2020-04-04, 07:29 PM
Unearthed Arcana has a feat Additional Favoured Class, which does exactly what it says on the tin.

I'd seriously consider swapping out a lot of your soulknife levels for swordsage or warblade levels, and using Diamond Mind strikes (Sapphire/Ruby/Diamond Nightmare Blade) to up your single-strike damage (works nicely with Discipline Focus for Diamond Mind). Soulknife is an incredibly weak class. Also, you might want to take Deep Impact instead of Greater Psionic Weapon, and throw in Power Attack. That way you can attack against flat-footed touch AC and multiply all that bonus damage.

Thurbane
2020-04-04, 07:37 PM
There's the Diverse Background feat (RoD), but that is for "Half-human" characters, so Kalashtar may not qualify.

Arcane Schooling (FRCS) is a regional feat that adds one arcane class as a favored class - if you group is enforcing favored class rules, maybe see if the DM would house-rule a variation of that feat?

If the group is allowing the Skill Knowledge feat from UA, you should be fine to use the Additional Favored Class feat cited above.

Bonzai
2020-04-04, 09:08 PM
Thanks guys! I knew I had seen it some where.