PDA

View Full Version : Novell, movies?

g314
2020-04-05, 01:15 PM
I must say that I’d love to read OOTS as a novell (without the amazing pictures). Its the greatest story ever. Any plans on that?

And of course movies (or tv series), both with stick figures and movies with real actors.
Can we have that as well?

DataNinja
2020-04-05, 01:51 PM
OOTS would lose a lot without being in a visual novel, so I highly doubt a novel would be on the table. And in the Giant' Patreon answer post (https://www.patreon.com/posts/answer-post-2020-34406298):

Lawrence Madsen: Have you ever considered an animated series?

Rich: Considered? Sure. I’ve even been approached a few times by animation students and/or entrepreneurs who pitched me on grandiose visions and then backed out or just plain ghosted. It’s not a thing I’m pursuing at this time.

(Incidentally, that would probably be the only way I would consider “remastering” the old material, because adapting it to animation would necessitate all sorts of changes to begin with. Not that I expect that to ever happen.)

KorvinStarmast
2020-04-06, 08:36 AM
I must say that I’d love to read OOTS as a novell (without the amazing pictures). Its the greatest story ever. Any plans on that? It's already a graphic novel in seven volumes. (And more if you include prequels like Start of Darkness and Origin of the PCs). Unlike George R.R. Martin, for example, Rich has figured out where it ends and how to get there; he's going to finish the seventh volume. :smallsmile:

And of course movies (or tv series), both with stick figures and movies with real actors.
Can we have that as well? We have had a variety of threads on the OoTS forum discussing which actors would fulfill which roles. Not sure if that could happen, but the state of the art of SFX these days makes a move of OoTS viable.

Jannoire
2020-04-07, 01:49 AM
We have had a variety of threads on the OoTS forum discussing which actors would fulfill which roles. Not sure if that could happen, but the state of the art of SFX these days makes a move of OoTS viable.

Maybe founded by a Kickstarter campaign worthy of that from critical role?

nespunkt
2020-04-07, 04:02 AM
If it were a novel I'd feel it would probably have to spoof the language of Wheel of Time and Forgotten Realms and A Song of Ice and Fire and the like. Which clashes with the way characters (bar V) talk. That could be fun, especially with the ironic distance from the world it describes. But it wouldn't really be OotS, would it? Why not write something similar yourself, with your own characters?