PDA

View Full Version : Raising effective spell level

thethird
2020-04-06, 11:37 AM
Long story short, I am looking into ways (3.5 or PF) of raising the effective spell level of a spell, preferably without raising the slot from which it's cast. I am looking into bypassing globe of invulnerability which cares about spell level.

Things I have found:
Heighten Spell (Can raise as many levels as possible, also increases spell slots)
Earth Spell (Basically pays for one spell slot increase of heighten spell can't reduce to zero, so needs to increase spell slot)
(Mythic) Heighten Spell (Metamagic effects that increase slot also increase effective level)
Snowcasting (+1 effective spell level to spells with cold descriptor, no increased spell slot)
Sanctum Spell (+1 effective spell level to spell cast within sanctum, no increased spell slot)

Anything else that comes to mind?

FauxKnee
2020-04-06, 04:48 PM
Improved Sigil (Krau) from Races of Destiny increases the effective level by 1, but there are caveats. It only applies to one or two spells, the affected spell must have a verbal component, and it's restricted to Illumians (a race in the same book.)

thethird
2020-04-08, 12:07 PM
Thanks!

That works pretty well for my purposes :) It would increase an orb of fire to lvl 5, making it bypass the globe of invulnerability.

digiman619
2020-04-08, 12:34 PM
Having a psion teammate manifest Arcanix Spellsieve (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Arcanix_Spellsieve) on you can do the trick. Also boosts your caster level as they do it.