PDA

View Full Version : Descent Into Avernus: How important is Tiamat's treasure?

xroads
2020-04-06, 11:56 PM
So my players are in a bit of a pickle. They're 3/4 of the way through the Dungeon of the Dead Three and may have to retreat or face a TPK.

I'm considering having Mortlock Vanthampur meet them as he retreats. That way the heroes have an opportunity to hear the clues they need to proceed with the story and still be able to retreat.

However this means they will miss out on Tiamat's treasure. How important is that treasure? Aside from obvious financial gain, and a brief encounter with dragon cultists, would they miss out on anything else if they left without the treasure?

Willie the Duck
2020-04-07, 08:00 AM
When they get to Avernus, there are some Tiamat-aligned individuals, and thus good or bad feelings between Tiamat and the party has consequences. Of course there are plenty of creatures in Avernus who do not know the party or care one way or the other about them, so having the party have no previous relationship to Tiamat is not a detriment to the plot.

xroads
2020-04-07, 08:11 AM
When they get to Avernus, there are some Tiamat-aligned individuals, and thus good or bad feelings between Tiamat and the party has consequences. Of course there are plenty of creatures in Avernus who do not know the party or care one way or the other about them, so having the party have no previous relationship to Tiamat is not a detriment to the plot.

Thanks!

I've skimmed through the book. And I am currently reading it, but I'm still in the first chapter.