PDA

View Full Version : The Wind: City of Dead

Auranghzeb
2020-04-07, 04:53 AM
The Caravan, if one would want to find a name for such a motley group of about 200 pilgrims, moved west early on the morning of the 7th day.

It moved slowly, most of the pilgrims were on foot and their animals were nervous and reluctantly obeyed their owners.

Darazi, your employer, led the Caravan mounted on a gray horse. 7 days ago he hired you in the gates of Eyuh, the closes human settlement to the Waste. As you moved across the land you could see the effects of the Wind on land that itself was probably never hospitable. The trees became scarce and bent unnaturally, like bowing to a force stronger than their roots. The grass grew low, afraid. And the weather was unpredictable. Huge dense clouds covered the sky constantly, giving the unending horizon of the steppe a bluish hue in the late summer light.

You are bodyguards. Darazi picked you along a dozen more other to protect the caravan of pilgrims in their journey to the City of the Dead, Eyuh's most sacred Place, caught 30 years ago by the unforgiving Wind.

Darazi's empty left eye socket was a testimony of the danger ahead.

But so far you had only encounter scarce dangers. The beasts seemed all to have disappeared, all but the birds that circled the caravan, ominously.

According to Darazi, your destination is about 4 days from your current position. But you need to cross the Ox Gorge, an ancient livestock pass. Darazi's brow becomes dark when you finally reach the entrance of the gorge.

Saintheart
2020-04-07, 08:16 AM
Noticing the look on Darazi's face, Stavros reigns in his camel a little, grateful for a momentary chance to turn his cheeks away from the endless caress of the Wind and for a moment's respite from the up-and-down torture of riding. He happens to have been riding at the head of the column more or less parallel with the caravan's leader, making sure to stay on the man's right where his eye was.

"I take it this is about where we all start to actually do some work for our pay, sayyid?"

Auranghzeb
2020-04-07, 08:21 AM
Without ever taking his eyes of the Gorge, Darazi nods his head at your question. Grimly adding.

and I really hope you are up to the task if it comes to that.

He pauses a second, ordering the caravan to stop.

He yells commands left and right.

Stop. Set up the food and rest. Give the animals some food too.

Then again to you.

I'm going to send some scouts ahead. Who among you wants to go?

samduke
2020-04-07, 03:30 PM
Riding up next to Darazi, Well if someone wants to come with me I'll go

Rizban
2020-04-07, 07:15 PM
Basil Stauricius

Basil frowns as he listens to the morbid tone in Darazi's voice.

"I'm not much of a scout, but I'll tag along."

JanusJones
2020-04-07, 07:15 PM
Ecks adjusts his head-scarf, pulling it down to spit out some of the dust. The huge thing he rides on - a pale, scaled ashworm that moves in fits and starts - slithers up beside the others.

He nods down. "I ain't quiet, but Trench here is quick enuff I kin' keep y' company." He shrugs, looking almost shy. He's old, and lined, and leathery, but he's clearly unused to talking.

"If y'kin stand it. Figger I better earn m'keep."

Saintheart
2020-04-07, 08:42 PM
"Well, I'll go as well," says Stavros, not liking Darazi's mood one bit for what it might portend. Still, he'd come to Eyuh with Bonnie and Ecks, so it made sense to stick with people whose abilities he had a handle on. "Any idea what sort of thing we're going to run into out there?"

LairdMaon
2020-04-08, 01:29 AM
Ahz

"I can join you or stay here." Ahz flips a harpoon between his hands, "Not much for sneaking around, but I'll help out however y'need me to."

Buufreak
2020-04-08, 10:04 AM
The towering brute rubs his brow. The arid nature of the steppe he was accustomed to, but not the nearly endless terrain of death and infertility. Know not these lands. Know not these people. What say are we scouting? He pauses, and before the answer is allowed, again: Gol giant kin. Stand out in these flat lands. Mayhaps not wise for such stature to be seen out ahead.

Auranghzeb
2020-04-08, 02:41 PM
Darazi calls another four of the hired bodyguards and gives some instructions to the caravaneers. The pilgrims show great respect for the veteran, they call him Vaeed, the guide.

Those four are sent in two couples to secure the perimeter of the improvised camp. You never stop during the day. But Darazi seems wary of the gorge.

I need you to go ahead. The gorge is long and full of places where a caravan can be ambushed. We will keep pace behind you soon enough. And I'll have a runner act as link between the scouts and the caravan.

Stealth is not really important. Inside the gorge anyone not already hidden is an easy spot.

Buufreak
2020-04-08, 03:52 PM
Rom nods, and thinks. Then may Rom stay back, and let the others search the far side. Gol travel fastest on cliffs, not in dry gorges. He then readies his things and starts moving to the front of the caravan, set to venture out.

Rizban
2020-04-08, 03:55 PM
Basil Stauricius

"Ah, I see. We are to be bait to draw out attacks before the main caravan passes by. A worthy task, though not one I relish. Still, I have said I will go, and I will stand by my word."

Monsterpoodle
2020-04-08, 11:56 PM
Dawli appears when the caravan stops, suprisingly quiet for such a solid figure. He seems well used to the inhospitable weather. When he hears the request for scouts he nods, casting an appraising look over the other volunteers. When he sees the towering figure of one of the volunteers he scowls more deeply. "i can scout."
Having exhausted his urge for cheerful conversation he settles into his usual grim silence.

Auranghzeb
2020-04-09, 05:06 AM
For those who decide to scout ahead.

This thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?610179-The-Wind-City-of-Dead-gorge-group&p=24442575#post24442575)

The caravan sets an improvised camp in three concentric circles, protecting the most vulnerable in the center.

Darazi never dismounts, his barbaric horse grazes from the eerie grass. He sees the scouts going inside the gorge.

Auranghzeb
2020-04-10, 06:05 AM
You wait some time until the scouts sent to the perimeter come back. The group in the gorge is long gone. Darazi yells instructions and the caravan sets off once more. He wants to push ahead.

If everything is cleared we can reach the mouth of river stone before the moon is high and spend the night there

Buufreak
2020-04-10, 03:46 PM
Then we should be quick. Caravan makes for a large target, and these open walking airs make me uneasy. If you need, Rom will move with the rear. Keep up the pace, and protect stragglers.

Auranghzeb
2020-04-10, 03:49 PM
Darazi nods and agrees drily.

Let us MOVE!

The caravan gathers everything and sets on the move. As they pass you, you can see the faces of the pilgrims. Hopeful and scared at the same time.

You can interact with them

Buufreak
2020-04-10, 04:07 PM
Rom just watches quietly, taking it all in. A dozen faces, then a dozen more. Where were these people all going? Where had they come from? What stories did they have to tell, the upheaval of life that brought them here?

He perhaps intended to learn, one day, but for now, he joins with the last few and ventures on.

LairdMaon
2020-04-10, 04:36 PM
Ahz

Ahz lets the caravan pass and falls into step with Rom. "Been traveling together for days and I still can't say I know anything about you. It's Rom, right?"

Buufreak
2020-04-10, 07:09 PM
He simply nods.

Maintaining a watchful eye over the back of the caravan
Spot: [roll0]
Deleted post because can't edit in a roll.

LairdMaon
2020-04-12, 08:54 PM
Ahz

"You can call me Ahz. Works out pretty well because that's my name." Ahz twirls a harpoon and looks around for signs of danger.

Spot
[roll0]

Auranghzeb
2020-04-13, 09:53 AM
As I said on the other thread. I forgot to add these threads to suscriptions and I have been so active that I didn't check below for new activity on unsuscribed threads.

The caravan moves into the gorge without incidents.

The cannon surges 600m above ground.

Darazi leads the expedition. Waiting for news from the scouts ahead, he sent his own kid as a runner between the groups.

Buufreak
2020-04-14, 02:23 PM
Then Ahz shall I call you. Forgiveness. Tongue of man is not my common tongue.

Auranghzeb
2020-04-17, 06:01 AM
Feel free to interact with Darazi, learn more about the caravan or something. As nt much is going to happen here until the other group finishes with the manticore.

The ominous gorge continues for kilometers, the wind and the silence alternate with the steps of the pilgrims. They look hopeful.

LairdMaon
2020-04-18, 02:30 AM
Ahz

"I get it, Rom. What's your first language then?"

Buufreak
2020-04-21, 01:27 PM
Rom knows Golka, tongue of the Gol. Near to Giant tongue, less savage. Giant not know words of companionship or friend.

Auranghzeb
2020-04-21, 01:52 PM
The caravan marches into the gorge, the tall walls blocking the light as the day moves into a grey looking afternoon.

Still no news from the group ahead. Good news then.

A girl of no more than 8 approaches the Goliath warrior.

"Sir, will you protect us? I'm going to the City of Dead to pray for my grannie."

You see an old woman whose skin has swollen red patches walking behind.

The girl returns to her grandmother.

Darazi looks concerned.

"There are creatures in this gorge who feed on blood. Keep an eye on those cliffs. They may be watching us"

Buufreak
2020-04-21, 05:31 PM
His large, tough skinned left palm pats the top of her head. Yes, small one. Gom protect you and your ga-ni.

He acknowledges Darazi with a nod. Gom has enough blood to feed many beasts. Let them come.

LairdMaon
2020-04-22, 06:21 AM
Ahz

In Gom's native tongue, Ahz pipes up, "Let's go ahead and keep as much of that blood inside your body as possible."

Auranghzeb
2020-04-23, 05:10 AM
Sorry for the double post needed to roll some stuff here.

You are leading the caravan around a huge boulder that requires the pilgrims to move around it. Darazi is securing the caravan on one side, you are warding the vanguard.

Suddently, a fascinating voice, a chorus of voices fills the canyon.

Azh loses his senses, enthralled by the haunting melody. So do a good part of the pilgrims, extending their hands into the air, elated and lost.

They look at each other with big eyes.

They smile. Even Darazi seems caught in the fascinating song.

But not Rom Thok... he sees everybody around him dropping their packs and becoming more and more distracted. But not him. He resists the urge. He feels the peril

Roll initiative. But only Rom can act now.

A[roll0]
B[roll1]
C[roll2]
D[roll3]
E[roll4]
F[roll5]

LairdMaon
2020-04-23, 08:49 AM
Initiative
[roll0]

Buufreak
2020-04-23, 02:37 PM
[roll0] Initiative.

Auranghzeb
2020-04-23, 02:55 PM
Round 1

Azh starts walking aimlessly toward's the big boulder in the center of the gorge.

Most of the pilgrims but a few move around, fascinated by the melody.

Rom sees then a passing shadow and another, like big birds of prey. As he follows their shadow projected on the floor, he sees them. Half a dozen creatures, half-women, half-bird, one after another perch on the giant boulder and continue singing.

Harpies!

Some pilgrims are not fascinated and look at the birds with distorted faces of terror and try desperately to grab those who are fascinated.

Feel free to act

Buufreak
2020-04-23, 10:01 PM
Dang. Nature as a class skill, but not enough skill points to go around to throw any into it. Oh well, let's see what happens.

His brow furrows for a moment, and then Gom bursts out in a boisterous laugh.

Baha! This one speaks the mountain tongue as good as any Gol. I like you, little man! He shouts out as he slaps Azh on the back, perhaps far too hard. How does one such as you come to learn these blessed words?

Gom quickly notices things are strange. This man who was fast becoming friend has glazed over his eyes. His head raises to see the same has befallen many of the caravan as well. He clenches he hammer tightly, his ethereal beast arms raising to first cup, then cover his ears.

A fowl song was about. He reaches out with an arm and tries to shake Azh. Friend, now is not the time to fall prey.

Auranghzeb
2020-04-25, 10:25 AM
A Wizard Did It

One by one the harpies descended towards the defenseless pilgrims. The screaming ended the fascination. Rom and Azh, along the other bodyguards, fought bravely and held the harpies at bay. They couldn't stop the harpies killing and taking a couple of pilgrims away in their claws.

In total 5 pilgrims and 4 bodyguards died.

Those whose bodies remained were burned to protect them from the scavengers. The bodies of half a dozen harpies were carried to a small cove, for the beasts to find.

The mood was grim for the rest of the day.

Late that evening, the caravan caught up with the vanguard group.

Stavros had dealt a killing blow to the manticore. And Huer, the other mercenary, had skinned it and offered the skin to Stavros.
Eck and Bonnie decided this was not their fight and abandoned the expedition the next morning.

The first night inside the gorge went without incidents. But close to dawn, Darazi woke you 3 up.

I have a mission.

So far you have seen some of the perils of this gorge. But these creatures are not the ones I fear the most.

I'm taking you three, as you seem the most competent, through an underground passage that runs for about twenty kilometers along the gorge.

It leads to the stream of an underground river, the Estho. I it a shallow river, and following it will lead us out of the gorge in a quarter of the time we need.

However, the carved halls were occupied by terrible creatures the last time we tried to take it.

That's where I lost my eye.

If we go stealthy and suppress them, we won't have to deal with them in the open. And unlike the harpies, these demons cannot be scared away easily.

LairdMaon
2020-04-25, 12:14 PM
Ahz

"Terrible creatures in an underground passage?" Ahz packs up his kit and stows it on a cart. "Like I said before, I ain't the sneakiest, but I'm definitely willing and ready!"

Saintheart
2020-04-26, 02:50 AM
"What sort of creatures? Did they fly?" Stavros reflexively looks to see that the manticore skin is still where he left it, hanging off his camel's saddlebag. Later he'd have to see if there were any leatherworkers amongst the pilgrims. "What sort of things did they do?"

Monsterpoodle
2020-04-26, 02:51 AM
Dawli agrees in his usual surly fashion. "I'll go."

Auranghzeb
2020-04-26, 11:27 AM
Darazi gives instructions to other hired swordsmen and his own son.

They are to camp here and form protective circles, some centinels stand on the surrounding rocks.

He packs his gear and picks up his trusty scimitar.

He leads you through a narrow, nearly visible path practically carved on the gorge's wall, and then after an hour of walking, he stops in front of a smooth wall. He puts his hands on the wall and incarnum flows from them into the rocks as he murmurs unintelligible words of ancient languages.

The smooth rock transforms into an intricately decorated door that swings open with a gentle push. It opens to a long gallery with roofs around 10' tall, there are lines of light illuminating the gallery in stripes. It is then you notice that the light comes from the outside through cleverly disguised arrow slits.

This is a passage and a fortress carved in the rock millenia ago by my ancestors. When the steppe was a fertile land and the passages led from west to east connecting the two oceans.

For years it was a sacred and protected place, for only those of my lineage knew the words of opening.

But the last time we were here we found vicious creatures who used it as a home. They must have come from the depths, but they found a way to open the doors and roam the gorge and the surrounding plains.

They don't speak. They only fight. And they are good at it.

Monsterpoodle
2020-04-26, 03:00 PM
Dawlieyes the tunnel "undead, constructs?" he asks, as he quietly checks his gear, carefully making sure nothing clinks or rattles as he moves.
"Everybody ready?"

LairdMaon
2020-04-26, 04:40 PM
Ahz

Ahz peers down the passage and tugs down his hood. "Tell you guys what, I'll head in nice and obnoxious. They'll come for me and then you guys fall into them. Thoughts?"

Auranghzeb
2020-04-26, 05:04 PM
Darazi chuckles

No, they are very much alive. They feed, and they breed.

And they fight like demons.

BelGareth
2020-04-26, 06:18 PM
Kuchar was riding Bende, his zombie Jackal, whispering a command for it to let him off, he slid off, and stretched, cracking his back, and hopping from one foot to the other, he nodded to the others, he had been in the back of the train and had only been bought up since after the harpies, having proven himself for his portion of the train.

He flicked out a bo-staff, whipped it around a few times, and then it flickered out again, he was ready, and nodded to Darazi.

"Let's go then, these beasties won't leave by themselves."

Monsterpoodle
2020-04-26, 09:00 PM
Dawli looks at the huge figure of the giant with disdain.. "I'll scout ahead. Is anyone else here able to be quiet?"

Saintheart
2020-04-26, 11:59 PM
"I wouldn't call myself quiet as such, but I doubt it'd be right letting you go in there alone." Stavros rolls his (newly healed) shoulders, bringing to mind the techniques and moves he knows.

Monsterpoodle
2020-04-27, 05:06 PM
Dawli looks Stavros over and shrugs. "Don't get me killed."
He draws a couple of axes and heads into the tunnel.

BelGareth
2020-04-27, 05:27 PM
Kuchar stops..."Wait, you guys are going to scout ahead? I mean, I'm no seasoned vet, but I know you don't split the party the first chance you get...."

Monsterpoodle
2020-04-27, 08:52 PM
Dawli turns back annoyed, muttering something under his breath. "We scout far enough ahead that we can surprise monsters without them hearing you lumbering along and clanking like iron golems, but not so far ahead that we can't shout for help if we need it. Would you prefer we advanced hiding behind the big slab of meat, removing any chance of surprising anybody? Anybody else have any other great ideas?"
Dawli glowers at the group impatiently.

Saintheart
2020-04-27, 09:51 PM
Stavros glances at Dawli. He's unable to restrain a grin. "Well, I've found in recent history that staying in cover with a crossbow while some idiot runs around in the open trying to chop things out of the air is a good tactic, so let's keep that in the back pocket, hey?" He claps Dawli on the shoulder and starts walking.

Buufreak
2020-04-27, 10:19 PM
Gom takes heed the warnings of beasts, and retreats into his meditations. The clearer his mind, the more prepared for combat he can be. Once communed with the spirits of the wild and the Lords of the Mountain, he grasps his hammer and heads to the front of the pack. Gom is prepared. We climb soon?

Monsterpoodle
2020-04-28, 12:27 AM
Dawli pushes past and heads into the tunnel.

Saintheart
2020-04-28, 01:22 AM
Stavros grins back at Kuchar and Gom as Dawli stamps ahead. "Don't worry. It's nothing personal. Most dwarves I've run into tend to just be short with bigger people."

Buufreak
2020-04-28, 02:18 AM
Gom knows dwarf short. Not gnome shortness. He glances on with a puzzled look.

BelGareth
2020-04-28, 09:33 AM
Kuchar appreciates a little level headedness, and nods at Stavros. "You keep him alive, and if you get in trouble, you let us know right quick, and i'll bring Bende down upon them, he can move fast when he wants to." he slaps Bende's hide.

LairdMaon
2020-04-28, 10:49 AM
Ahz

The blue-eyed man steps away from the group and follows behind Dawli. "Y'all coming or just chatting?"

BelGareth
2020-04-28, 10:53 AM
Kuchar nods, his apeface odd in the strange interaction.

He whispers to Bende to follow him quietly and then sets off behind everyone.

Auranghzeb
2020-04-30, 01:45 PM
The gallery is long and sinuous, following the shape of the canyon. every arrow slit has a small stone block next to it, for the archer to sit down there in their ward. You move well inside without any incidents. Until you reach a point where the gallery divides in two. A stairway moving up and a stairway moving down. Resting against the column that divides both stairways, there's a pile of bones, armor, and weapons. The weapons and armors are very similar to Darazi's.

From the upper stairway comes a cold draft of air. From the lower stairway the stony silence of the mountain, and the distant muffled sound of running water.

Nothing else so far.

Monsterpoodle
2020-04-30, 01:53 PM
Dawli makes an arrow pointing towards the steps going down and cautiously heads down them trying to keep his senses alert to any traps or possible ambushes.

Buufreak
2020-04-30, 10:35 PM
Gom sees the apparent path and follows Dawli closely. As the explore, he turns and speaks low to Ahz in Gol-kaa.

Friend. Should I misspeak in man-tongue, please help others to understand my words.

Saintheart
2020-04-30, 10:54 PM
Stavros notes Dawli's indication as to where he's gone and follows the path as silently as he can, shifting into a fighting stance, calling to mind the techniques his teachers have taught him.

Hunter's Sense on, which switches on Scent. Stavros takes six seconds under Adaptive Style to shift readied maneuvers to the following:

Warblade:
Rabid Wolf Strike
Wall of Blades
Sapphire Nightmare Blade

Swordsage:
Moment of Perfect Mind
Charging Minotaur
Emerald Razor
Cloak of Deception

BelGareth
2020-05-01, 12:06 AM
Kuchar looks at his companions with alarm, one was speaking and other meditating!!

He walked on, looking back to make sure he followed, looked to Bende and shook his head, what and who had he fallen in with?

LairdMaon
2020-05-01, 08:26 AM
Ahz

Ahz flashes a smile and a nod to Gom. As he follows the others, he pulls a harpoon out and checks it's connection to the belt-harness he wears.

Auranghzeb
2020-05-01, 10:58 AM
Dawli moved downstairs, leaving the others a minute behind him.

He moved into the pitch-black darkness of the room below. His dark vision worked perfectly. The stairs descended, carved into the stone and spiraled down to a rectangular room, some 60' long with regular walls and three exits, two doors along the eastern wall, and one hallway that went on straight.

Roll perception, hide move silently, etc. Please, when you declare your actions do it also in mechanical terms inside a spoiler.

Since you, once again have split the party, anything that happens is with 10 rounds of difference. So If Dawli encountered anything, you'll get to him at the beginning of the 9th round.

Monsterpoodle
2020-05-01, 04:18 PM
'Hmmm' thinks Dawli. He advances slowly into the room wary of ambushes and finds a corner to cover the room, axes ready.
Spot check (https://orokos.com/roll/803880): 1d20+8 20, Move silently (https://orokos.com/roll/803881): 1d20+9 25, Hide (https://orokos.com/roll/803882): 1d20+9 27 He is readying an action. He has his throwing axe in his right hand and his waraxe in the left.

Monsterpoodle
2020-05-01, 04:21 PM
'Hmmm' thinks Dawli. He advances slowly into the room wary of ambushes and finds a corner to cover the room, axes ready.
Spot check (https://orokos.com/roll/803880): 1d20+8 20, Listen (https://orokos.com/roll/803883): 1d20+1 12Move silently (https://orokos.com/roll/803881): 1d20+9 25, Hide (https://orokos.com/roll/803882): 1d20+9 27 He is readying an action. He has his throwing axe in his right hand and his waraxe in the left.

Buufreak
2020-05-02, 12:15 AM
Gom was specifically called out as following Dawli closely

Auranghzeb
2020-05-02, 05:32 AM
Dawli

Across the hallway you see two humanoid figures, sitting down leaning on opposite sides of the hallway, they are looking at each other and moving their hands animatedly. As if engaged in a conversation. Only they don't speak, and they don't really have hands, but long blade-like appendages. It seems they have not noticed you. They are some 50' away from you.

MAP (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZG6Rs7Lh4dejWeNhYHbSxolnaiV0EmkksOsG6CEXXWk/edit?usp=sharing)(It's the last tab labeled "Dungeon 1")

The others:

Darazi takes out a sunrod from his satchel and lights it up.

In the first page of the google sheet there is a table, please add your AC, hp etc.

Monsterpoodle
2020-05-02, 07:33 PM
Dawli as slowly and quietly as he can tries backing up the stars to warn the others. [roll0] move silently

Auranghzeb
2020-05-03, 05:26 AM
Dawli

You retreat so silently that even your partners are surprised to meet you halfway down the stairs.

Buufreak
2020-05-03, 05:43 PM
Gom nods at the sight of the dwarf. He speaks in a low gruff tone. To greet! What sights have you made?

Monsterpoodle
2020-05-04, 12:12 AM
"two creatures, knives for hands, along a passage at the bottom of the stairs. Don't think they saw me. What's the plan ?" asks Dawli as he rummaged in his pack for supplies. "Ambush, frontal assault?"

Saintheart
2020-05-04, 01:33 AM
Stavros glances up (and up) at Gom and then at Kuchar at Ahz. "Well, I can't see in the dark, so ambush is likely out for me. I'm also guessing friend Gom is what they had in mind when they invented the term 'frontal assault'." He shrugged.

I'll assume I'm here with the gang after all, relying on someone else's sunrod to see...

BelGareth
2020-05-04, 10:50 AM
Kuchar nods, "Agreed, Bende can help with that as well, I can't see without a little light, so we are giving away our position anyway, might a well use it? Perhaps a frontal assault, and those who can, move to the sides for a flank?"

LairdMaon
2020-05-04, 11:39 AM
Ahz

"Send me down the middle. I'll harpoon them and keep 'em close for easy pickings." He winks at the others as he raises up one of the pointed weapons.

Monsterpoodle
2020-05-04, 02:30 PM
Dawli almost looks embarrassed. "forgot to mention two closed doors down there as well before the blade creatures. I'll flank." Dawli heads down the stairs again. [roll0] move silently, [roll1] hide.
Dawli will have his 2 axes out and try to move to the corner opposite to where he got to last time.

Buufreak
2020-05-05, 11:30 AM
Gom reads the room and nods. Gom first? He lowers his head and makes his way to the front, then begins his best attempt to creep down the stairs, ready to charge at the first sight of anything eschew.

Alright, so Gom is going give this his best effort, but is taking the readied action of "if they move, I charge the closest one and swing my hammer at it." I usually preroll damage to avoid the need to post again immediately, so if I miss or the attack isn't needed yet, disregard it.
Move Silently [roll0]
Hide [roll1]
Attack (including charge +2) [roll2]
Damage [roll3] Bludgeoning

I also remembered the other reason for the hammer. At this point, I can't pounce, so until I can bind to hands and have an extra bind to throw around, the hammer does more on a single attack, such as charging.

BelGareth
2020-05-05, 03:04 PM
Bende will follow at a command from Kushar, who then follows, he flicks his right hand and an Bo-staff appears out of nothing, but those familiar with meldshaping know it to be a soulmeld, it trails red energy.

Flank ?

Stavros ?
Ahz
Gom
Bende
Kuchar

Flank Dawli

Monsterpoodle
2020-05-06, 02:07 PM
[roll0] initiative

LairdMaon
2020-05-06, 10:08 PM
Sticking as close to Gom as possible.
Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]
Initiative [roll2]

Saintheart
2020-05-07, 08:16 AM
Stavros cringes as Gom started his way down, making enough noise to wake the dead.

He hopes in this situation that was only an expression and not the literal truth. Either way, if he's going to hit something, he intends on being between whatever the something was and their employer. On the way down the stairs, he draws the katana, taking a second to appreciate the reassuring glint of light from Kuchan's torch reflected in its blade.

Updated the grid. In terms of where I'm standing, I'm assuming there's 30 feet of movement available before things get started. Therefore, Stavros is adjacent to Darazi and Gom, front line. Best chance I get to do some damage is in that first round. Need anything else, mighty DM? :)

Auranghzeb
2020-05-07, 09:41 AM
Round 1

As Dawli manages to get unnoticed to the corner of the hallway, Gom Thok is less discrete and his heavy steps and massive figure attract the immediate attention of the creatures. Who both move in, spinning on lean long limbs that end on sharp blades.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fprojects.inklesspen.com%2Ffatal-and-friends%2Fkurieg%2Ftome-of-magic%2F&psig=AOvVaw3wyAF6yFkcIOB8GJmZ9Dqv&ust=1588948552484000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCMi0jeP8oekCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAR

Gom reacts quickly and meets them halfway down the corridor, breaking their momentum and slamming one of them in the chest.
Still, the creature reacts and does not seem rattled. Both creatures spin and slash Gom!

Creature 1:[roll0] damage [roll1]
Creature 2: [roll2] damage [roll3]

EDIT: Those symetric rolls are a real fluke...

The one that is hit is the yellow one on the map.

Saintheart
2020-05-07, 10:39 AM
Some primal urge surges through Stavros. He darts in towards the nearest of the creatures, a snarl escaping his lips. He raises the katana and strikes in a two-handed, powerful blow!

This is assuming there's enough light to see by.

As it's the first round of combat, Rapid Assault applies, i.e. +1d6 to damage in the first round.

Swift action: assume Punishing Stance, i.e. -2 to AC, +1d6 to melee damage.
Move action: shift up next to Gom against the "red" D.
Standard action: Rabid Wolf Strike. +4 to attack roll, +2d6 to melee damage, -4 to AC. Power Attack: -2 to attack rolls, +4 to damage.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Bonus damage if hit: [roll]4d6[/dice]

...well, hello there &^%$ing natural 1.

Monsterpoodle
2020-05-08, 12:40 AM
Dawli lunges from the shadows trying to bury his axes in the back of a creature.. Attack (https://orokos.com/roll/805266): 2#1d20+2 11 18 attack,
Damage (https://orokos.com/roll/805353): 1d10+7 14 damage,Damage (https://orokos.com/roll/805354): 1d6+7 12

I don't know what bonuses I get for attacking hopefully by surprise from behind.. Power attacking which is why I am only at +2 to attack (two weapon fighting feat).

Auranghzeb
2020-05-08, 03:42 AM
Round 1

Stavros and Dawli move closer to attack, it is impossible to flank the creatures as they use the walls very effectively to cover their backs. Stavros immediately recognizes these creatures are smart and well drilled in the art of the sword.

Stavros has a hard time maneuvering around Gom, they don't know each other well and the swordmaster finds it hard to be precise while avoiding the massive maul swinging above his head. His sword does hit only air and he is left exposed. I should warn you that I'm a bit hard on natural 1's so you have a -2 to AC for 1 round

Dawli tries to move in, but turning the corner takes him two steps. He lunges forward with a low to high cut of his right-hand weapon that the creature avoids gracefully.

MAP (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZG6Rs7Lh4dejWeNhYHbSxolnaiV0EmkksOsG6CEXXWk/edit?usp=sharing)

Only Kuhar and Bente to go. Next encounter I'll roll init automatically if that's ok for you.

BelGareth
2020-05-08, 10:11 AM
Kuchar was ready with Bende, his left hand placed on his raggedy main, and as he was about to step forward...it was blocked....growling, he had no way to do anything!

He saw the door to his right, but shook his head, that would be a terrible idea, he would remain, and wait.

Both him and Bende will ready an attack if anything gets close.
Swift to invest essentia
Benda is a large creature (which is why i put an extra B on the map, he's a 10ft long creature like a horse.)

Kuchar (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2192590)
HP's: 28/28
AC: 19
T: 14 FF: 15
Effects: Draconic vigor aura (fast healing 1 when less than half HP's)
Essentia:
Necrocarnum Circlet [crown][BOUND] [0/2]
Necrocarnum Weapon [hands] [2/2]
Incarnate Weapon [arms] [2/2]
Cerulean Sandals [feet] [0/2]

Bende
HP's: 51/51
T: 14 FF: 14
Effects: DR 5/magic and slashing
Essentia:
Incarnum Defense [1/2]
Incarnum Speed [0/2]

LairdMaon
2020-05-08, 12:40 PM
Ahz

The Harpooner steps to the side to get a better view of both creatures. He coalesces soul-stuff into his right hand in the shape of his favored weapon as he looks for a clear shot at the one Stavros targeted. He flings the harpoon, hoping his aim is true.

Accepting the -4 To Hit for shooting/throwing into melee.
To Hit [roll0]
To Hurt [roll1]

Auranghzeb
2020-05-08, 03:09 PM
Round 1

Azh times his harpoon perfectly with Stavros lunge and stumble, the heavy weapon grazes the swordman's hair and lodges in the deadly dancer's flesh, shoulder height. The creature does not utter a single sound, but that must be painful.

Round 2

The creatures go full rampage spinning on themselves. Both attack Gom once each and then one attacks Stavros and one attacks Dawli.

Gom [roll0] Damage [roll1], [roll2] Damage [roll3]

Stavros [roll4] Damage [roll5]
Dawli [roll6] Damage [roll7]

And then the one that is not lodged by the harpoon nods to the other and tries to move out of the way into the hallway behind.
The harpooned one takes a 5' step and stands in the middle of the hallway, fighting defensively.

[roll8]

It gives an incredibly agile somersault and sprints away

MAP (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZG6Rs7Lh4dejWeNhYHbSxolnaiV0EmkksOsG6CEXXWk/edit?usp=sharing)

Saintheart
2020-05-09, 01:37 AM
Stavros winces a little from the cut the horror gave him, but grins. "You dance prettily, my silent friend," he says, edging closer, narrowing his mind...

And then unleashes another, more careful strike.

Punishing Stance still in place, -2 AC and +1d6 damage.
Power Attack: -1 to attack roll, +2 damage.
Five foot step to reach melee range.
Standard Action: Sapphire Nightmare Blade.

If the Concentration check passes the enemy's AC, the opponent is flatfooted and strike does +1d6 damage.
If not, the attack roll is at -2 and does normal damage (i.e. 1d10+5 +1d6 for punishing stance).

Concentration check: [roll0]

Attack roll: [roll1]
Damage roll: [roll2]
Punishing Stance: [roll3]
Bonus damage from Sapphire Nightmare Blade: [roll4]

Monsterpoodle
2020-05-09, 03:00 AM
Dawli curses his lack of preparedness as the creatur dodges away then tries to attack the harpooned creature.
init 13, HP=23, [roll0] attack, [roll1] damage,
[roll2] attack, [roll3] damage

Buufreak
2020-05-10, 01:39 PM
Gom shakes off the pain, his beastly instincts kicking in as he swings hard with his hammer, and his ghost-like claws reach out and attempt to tear into his foe.

it's been hectic, I'll edit this post with the more fluffy bits, but the long and short is shift forward and full attacking adjacent dude with hammer and 2 claws

[roll0] hammer for [roll1]
[roll2] claw 1 for [roll3]
[roll4] claw 2 for [roll5]

Gom Stats:
29/42 HP AC 13 Fort 9 Ref 3 Will 2
1/day rage available

LairdMaon
2020-05-10, 01:46 PM
Ahz

A second harpoon flies from Ahz' hand at the demon-like creature.

Accepting the -4 To Hit for shooting/throwing into melee.
To Hit [roll0]
(If that target is not in combat, I guess the -4 doesn't count.)
To Hurt [roll1]

Auranghzeb
2020-05-10, 04:37 PM
Round 2

Both Stavros's well-aimed strike and Gom's barrage of attacks are all dodged aptly by the deadly dancer, despite expression of pain as the harpoon twists inside the wound. Dawli's ax cuts clean, severing one of the arm blades.

Azh tries to hit the creature, but he can't find the angle.

between the attackers and the walls assume the deadly dancer has total cover from you.

BelGareth
2020-05-10, 05:13 PM
Shaking his head and seeing no way to get into melee range, or even for Bende, he pulls out his crossbow and loads it.

Move action to pull out crossbow
move action to load

Kuchar (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2192590)
HP's: 28/28
T: 14 FF: 15
Effects: Draconic vigor aura (fast healing 1 when less than half HP's)
Essentia:
Necrocarnum Circlet [crown][BOUND] [0/2]
Necrocarnum Weapon [hands] [2/2]
Incarnate Weapon [arms] [2/2]
Cerulean Sandals [feet] [0/2]

Bende
HP's: 51/51
T: 14 FF: 14
Effects: DR 5/magic and slashing
Essentia:
Incarnum Defense [1/2]
Incarnum Speed [0/2]

Saintheart
2020-05-10, 08:02 PM
"Nice shot, master dwarf!" Stavros calls to Dawli watching one of the creature's appendages fall away.

He skirts the wall as best he can, taking his time to try and analyse the creature's movements, and once again lines up a careful strike...

Five foot step along the wall. Dawli can probably pick up a flank if he does the same on his initiative count if I'm reading the map right.
Punishing Stance still in place: +1d6 to damage, -2 to AC.
Power Attack, because why not. -3 to attack, +6 to damage.

Standard action: Emerald Razor. Melee attack is a touch attack.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Bonus damage: [roll2]

Monsterpoodle
2020-05-11, 04:56 PM
Dawli moves to a better position, trying to attack from a better angle before swinging his axes at the creature again. init 13, hp 33
[roll0] attack, [roll1] damage, [roll2] attack, [roll3] damage. I guess +2 to hit if I can flank

The creature proves far too elusive now that it is aware of him.