PDA

View Full Version : Cleric build with 0 standard levels: 3.5

Jackaccount
2020-04-07, 06:02 PM
Race: deepwyrm half drow.

level 1: dragonblood cleric.
This is the only level 1 substitution level you can take and none of the variant classes I saw kept both domain and rebuke undead.

Levels 2-4 aberrant or drow paragon.
I prefer aberrant paragon but the Dragon Below doesn't have the right domains to qualify for walker in the waste. If your GM is a stickler for rules then drow paragon works almost as well.

Levels 5-14: walker in the waste.
There are a lot of choices for this level, I went with this one because it offers the most powerful template of all the prestige classes I could find and I'm trying to make this character weird.

Levels 15-20: impure prince.
This is the only six level prestige class I found that you can qualify for, it takes some feats but I think I found a way.

Required feats: heat endurance, symbiont mastery, bane of infidels, extra favored enemy (aberrants).
These are the feats you need to qualify for every prestige class.

Extra feats: verminfriend, unspeakable vow, vow of the spider queen.
I had a couple of feats left so I tried to double down on templates. The only one I could find was that you can become a drider by purposefully failing the vow of the spider queen. If I did my math right you should have just enough trait options to get all the required feats and these.

Tell me what you guys think of this build down below. I know that it loses a few of caster levels so it won't be as strong as baseline cleric, but it should still be more than playable.

Falontani
2020-04-08, 04:12 AM
Standard level as in a core class?

Jackaccount
2020-04-08, 10:23 AM
Standard level as in a core class?

Yes, this build has a variant for it's only level of cleric and after that entirely prestige classes.

ExLibrisMortis
2020-04-09, 03:01 PM
Azurin cleric 1/human paragon 3/church inquisitor 6/divine oracle 10 (or any other typical PrCs) is probably easier, but Walker in the Waste + Impure Prince sounds like a lot of fun.

PrismCat21
2020-04-09, 05:30 PM
There's also Dwarf, and Raptoran Cleric substitution levels which start at level 1.
Did you just not know about them? Or are there other restrictions we don't know about?

I'm fairly certain that Paragon classes are not Prestige classes.

Jackaccount
2020-04-11, 09:44 PM
Azurin cleric 1/human paragon 3/church inquisitor 6/divine oracle 10 (or any other typical PrCs) is probably easier, but Walker in the Waste + Impure Prince sounds like a lot of fun.

Yeah, there are lots of variations on this build. Once I got the basics down I gave myself some more restrictions. I only used complete prestige classes, impure prince is 6 levels, and I tried to maximize the amount of caster levels as well as templates.

Jackaccount
2020-04-11, 09:47 PM
There's also Dwarf, and Raptoran Cleric substitution levels which start at level 1.
Did you just not know about them? Or are there other restrictions we don't know about?

I'm fairly certain that Paragon classes are not Prestige classes.

This build is one variant of many possible combinations, when I said something was the only choice, I meant with my specific race and class. Once I got the basics down I tried to only use complete prestige classes and get as many caster levels and templates as possible. I'm pretty sure paragon classes count as substitution levels but it's nearly impossible to get a second level prestige class without some serious cheese.

Bphill561
2020-04-12, 03:26 AM
This build is one variant of many possible combinations, when I said something was the only choice, I meant with my specific race and class. Once I got the basics down I tried to only use complete prestige classes and get as many caster levels and templates as possible. I'm pretty sure paragon classes count as substitution levels but it's nearly impossible to get a second level prestige class without some serious cheese.

That makes me think of the debate about the dragon type automatically qualifying for Prestige classes that reguire the dragon blood Subtype, thus bypassing all the other requirements due to poor wording.

Kobold with Dragonwrought (where all good cheese begins):

Cleric 1/Singer of Concordance 10/Malenvoker 9 would get you there as well with completed PrC's.

You would think the symbiotes would get a little dried out with the lich fluffwise, but looks pretty good.