PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: Best druid spells to make potions of.

SangoProduction
2020-04-08, 12:39 AM
I prefer spheres of power, but I've been convinced to play as a druid, and essentially give brew potion for druid spells. Still at normal cost. But still.
So, I don't know much about the druid spells, let alone the ones that can be specifically used with potions. I do know that you make situational spells in to consumables so that you don't have to keep them as actual prepared spells.

Can someone assist me to find a decent set of spells for levels 1-6 that I can potentially create potions for?

daryen
2020-04-08, 02:55 PM
If you are going to do this, make sure to ditch your animal companion or domain for Herbalist. If you are going to do Druid potions, do them right.

And for potions, I'd be stocking up on healing, lesser restoration, cure disease, and neutralize poison (depending on your level). Those are always going to be needed.

Kurald Galain
2020-04-08, 03:33 PM
Potions only go up to level 3; and bear in mind that scrolls are half the price (although not usable by your teammates).

Good L1 potions include air bubble, ant haul, feather step, monkey fish, remove sickness, and tears to wine.

daryen
2020-04-08, 07:42 PM
See, that's the thing. Cure Disease and Neutralize Poison are third level spells. For druids. And with Herbalism (https://aonprd.com/DruidHerbalism.aspx), you get a certain number of free potions you can create each day. Make those the third level spells, and pay for the first level ones as desired.

Seriously, if you want potions with a Pathfinder Druid, make sure you take Herbalism.

Palanan
2020-04-10, 12:09 PM
I would think Barkskin would be useful at low levels, unless the party has loaded up on amulets of natural armor.

Also, seconding daryen's recommendation to take the Herbalist option. Free daily potions are hard to beat.