PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Star Wars Saga Edition Conversion

Akimbomancer
2020-04-08, 03:43 AM
I am not the first to have a crack at this idea but due to my many fond memories of the d20 Star wars Saga Edition roleplaying game and the fact that I currently have plenty of time on my hands due to being on long service leave, combined with self-isolation, I have decided to have a go.

With Wizards of the Coast developing both systems the bones are very similar, which is a bonus.

I will also be standing on the shoulders of those who have come before such as LLama513, Giegue, enderxenocide0 and others. If/when I make it to 10 posts I will provide links to their work

I am going to start with the Core Rulebook first with a few extra bits from some of the other books that I think are critical and then see how I go from there. The main reason I am posting about this here is for some accountability so feel free to prompt me about how I am going with the project.

I will also add some extra posts covering my philosophy and reasoning regarding how I am going to tackle the individual components of Saga's systems, such as Species, Classes, Skills, Feats, Talents, and the Force if people are interested.

Garfunion
2020-04-18, 06:40 AM
Re-fluffing re-theming is your friend. Many classes can be re-themed to fit a Star Wars theme.
-A lightsaber can easily be a long sword that deals radiant/fire damage instead of slashing.
-Shocking grasp, witch bolt, lighting bolt can all be force lighting
And so on.