PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Revenant Pact of the Blade

DevanAvalon
2020-04-09, 07:32 AM
Ever since Wildemount came out, I've had this idea for an Undying Warlock who uses Pact of the Blade to conjure a Double-Bladed Scimitar to make use of the Revenant Blade feat. So the goal I have is two-fold: Have Agonizing Blast, so at the very least if I cannot reach my targets to use my blade, I can still hit them and do a decent amount of damage. This is easily solved at level 2 (getting Agonizing Blast and Armor of Shadows for additional AC since I am not a Hexblade), and two: optimizing my invocations and remaining feats/ASIs for being in Melee a lot with the Double Bladed Scimitar with Revenant Blade.

Off the bat as far as invocations go, Agonizing Blast, Armor of Shadows, Thirsting Blade/Lifedrinker, and Devil's Sight (for darkness combo shenanigans?), but what does the Playground think?

Arkhios
2020-04-09, 07:35 AM
Ever since Wildemount came out, I've had this idea for an Undying Warlock who uses Pact of the Blade to conjure a Double-Bladed Scimitar to make use of the Revenant Blade feat. So the goal I have is two-fold: Have Agonizing Blast, so at the very least if I cannot reach my targets to use my blade, I can still hit them and do a decent amount of damage. This is easily solved at level 2 (getting Agonizing Blast and Armor of Shadows for additional AC since I am not a Hexblade), and two: optimizing my invocations and remaining feats/ASIs for being in Melee a lot with the Double Bladed Scimitar with Revenant Blade.

Off the bat as far as invocations go, Agonizing Blast, Armor of Shadows, Thirsting Blade/Lifedrinker, and Devil's Sight (for darkness combo shenanigans?), but what does the Playground think?

Don't you mean Eberron: Rising from the Last War?

I mean, I don't see any connection between Revenant Blade, Double-Bladed Scimitar, and Explorer's Guide to Wildemount. :smallbiggrin:

Not saying this statement of yours couldn't be true. It just struck me as a bit odd.

DevanAvalon
2020-04-09, 07:40 AM
Don't you mean Eberron: Rising from the Last War?

I mean, I don't see any connection between Revenant Blade, Double-Bladed Scimitar, and Explorer's Guide to Wildemount. :smallbiggrin:

No, I mean Wildemount because the Hollow One (which isn't technically a race) is what inspired this whole idea. :P

kiwi5ucker
2020-04-09, 09:34 AM
As with all blade-lock characters, even if you're going the Dex route with revenant blade, I'd suggest taking 1 lvl in fighter to start your character and then the rest in warlock. you get con saves, fighting style (+1 AC/+2ish damage) armor and weapon proficiencies, and don't underestimate the health buff from second wind. Front line spell casters can really benefit from that extra resilience all around that this 1 level gives. and medium armor and the defence fighting style can make dex characters have much higher AC if you want to have another invocation and not spend it on the mage armor one.