PDA

View Full Version : I turned into what? [Cursed Item]

Durithill the B
2007-10-24, 03:39 PM
Cursed Amulet of Puppy Form: This amulet appears, to magical analysis, to be an Amulet of Dragon Form. Actually, the amulet polymorphs the wearer into a puppy. The wearer's equipment, except the amulet, melds with their skin and becomes useless until the amulet is removed. The wearers size becomes tiny, and the wearer's strength, constitution, and dexterity become 6, 10, and 14 or remain the same (whichever is lower). The wearer's hit points are reduced to one d4. The wearer losses all attacks and gains a bite attack at +0 for 1d4-2 damage. The wearer's base saves become +0/+0/+0. The wearer gains low-light vision, scent, and track, but loses all his other feats, the ability to gain bonuses from armor, to use items made for humanoid use, to use his skills, to cast spells requiring somatic or verbal components, and the ability to speak a comprehensive language. He gains a +3 to Jump, and +1 to survival, but only for the purpose of tracking. If the wearer passes within ten feet of a cylindrical object, such as a leg, wooden post, or other similar object, he must make a DC 15 Will save or urinate on that object. The wearer also feels an intense pain in his mouth and must chew something every 1d4 minutes or take 1 points of nonlethal pain damage. If a vehicle or horse passes the wearer, he must make a DC 15 Will save or chase the vehicle or horse for 1d8 mintues, or untill it stops. If the wearer sees a cat or cat-like creature, the wearing must make a DC 15 Will save or chase the creature. If the creature is the same size or smaller then the wearer, and the wearer has caught up to the creature, the wearer must attack the creature. Anyone within 50 ft of the wearer who is able to see and pay attention to him must succeed on a DC 20 Will save or becomes charmed, as if by a charm person spell. Small children, females, druids, and those with a strange attraction to small furry animals take a -10 penalty on this save. The amulet cannot be removed except with a remove curse or limited wish spell.
Strong transmutation; CL 10th; Create Wonderous Item, balefull polymorph; Price 10,000 gp.

Lakoda
2007-10-24, 03:58 PM
ROFL, this would be a lot of fun!

One thing, every puppy I've ever had has been horribly clumsy, a 14DEX seems high to me. I'd use 8, but that's just me. I'd also give a bonus to charisma or charisma based skills....one where it is positive towards goodly races and negative towards evil ones that might try to eat you.

Abjurer
2007-10-24, 04:07 PM
Lol.

Cursed Amulet of Kitten Form:
This amulet appears, to magical or mundane analysis, to be an Amulet of Dragon Form. Actually, though, the amulet polymorphs the wearer into a kitten. The wearer's equipment, except the amulet, melds with their skin and becomes useless until the amulet is removed. The wearer's type becomes animal, so that spells only affecting humanoids automatically fail when targeting the wearer. The wearer's size becomes tiny, and the wearer's strength, constitution, and dexterity become 4, 8, and 14 respectively, or remain the same (whichever is lower). The wearer's hit points are reduced to 1d4. The wearer loses all attacks and gains a claw attack at -1 that deals 1 damage. The wearer's base saves become +0/+0/+0. The wearer gains low-light vision, but loses all his other feats and class- and race-granted abilities, including ability bonuses. He also loses the ability to gain bonuses from armor, to use items made for humanoid use, to use his skills, to cast spells requiring somatic or verbal components, and the ability to speak a comprehensive language. He gains a +5 to Jump, but loses all his other skills. The wearer always falls on his feet, reducing falling damage as though the wearer had dropped 10 ft less. When the wearer passes within 10 ft of a ball of yarn, he must make a will save or initiate a grapple with the yarn, which ends in 1d4 rounds (likely creating the position for another will save) or when the wearer becomes bored (see below).

Boredom:
The wearer of a Cursed Amulet of Kitten Form suffers continuously from an acute case of attention deficit disorder, and is subject to spontaneous bursts of disinterest. If the wearer is engaged in any activity other than sleeping in the sun, he must make a DC 10 will save every 1d4 rounds or suddenly forget what he was doing and stop doing it. This always happens directly in the middle of the wearer's turn, meaning between a move and standard action, halfway between a double move action or a charge, or between swats (see below). This includes forgetting about sources of fear (see below), and the wearer has to make a new will save at the beginning of his next turn to avoid becoming frightened again.

Fear effects:
The wearer gains a -10 on saving throws against fear, and must make such a save whenever a dog or canine creature comes within line of sight of the wearer. A failure results in the wearer becoming shaken, but see below: If the wearer is shaken, he instead becomes frightened, and must flee if at all possible. If he is cornered, he cannot move from his place but gains as many attacks of opportunity as present themselves in the round and the flurry of blows feat, as a first-level monk (for a full attack of -3/-3). If the character is panicked and cornered, he does not cower but continues to fight as above, but with an additional attack every round (-5/-5/-5). Also, when in this state of desperate wild swatting, the wearer is compelled to attack any target (friend or foe) that comes within his threatened range.

The amulet cannot be removed except with a remove curse or limited wish spell.

Strong transmutation; CL 10th; Create Wonderous Item, baleful polymorph and cat's grace; Price 10,000 gp.

smart thog
2007-10-24, 04:09 PM
can a druid with the natural spell feat cast spells with a amulet on?

Abjurer
2007-10-24, 04:14 PM
I'd assume so, as long as the spell doesn't have somatic or verbal components...

Durithill the B
2007-10-24, 04:39 PM
That is an interesting question, but I believe the feat says "while in wild shape", and technically you're not wild shaping if you're forced into the form. I think.

Of course, I'm not a rules guru.

Abjurer
2007-10-24, 04:42 PM
Ah. My bad (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#naturalSpell).

Durithill the B
2007-10-24, 05:16 PM
ROFL, this would be a lot of fun!

One thing, every puppy I've ever had has been horribly clumsy, a 14DEX seems high to me. I'd use 8, but that's just me. I'd also give a bonus to charisma or charisma based skills....one where it is positive towards goodly races and negative towards evil ones that might try to eat you.
Apparently dogs have pretty high dex scores, so I figured I'd just drop it a little.
Trust me, I've seen clumsy dogs too, lol.

Psionic Dog
2007-10-24, 07:54 PM
Yip, yip, yip... er... Hahahahaha

That was just grand. :smallbiggrin:

An extra memorable, non-fatal, inconveniencing cursed item. Perfect for any adventuring team.

Durithill the B
2007-10-24, 09:18 PM
Oooooh... Did not think about psionics...
That could become a little interesting...

And thank you.:smallbiggrin:

Kenbert
2007-10-25, 02:35 PM
You should also include something by which those seeing the puppy must make a Will save or be entranced by the puppy for some amount of time or until they play with it ... little girls and those with mothering/fathering instincts suffer a penalty to the roll.

Durithill the B
2007-10-25, 02:54 PM
A good idea.
I'll try to think of something.

Abjurer
2007-10-25, 03:13 PM
Lol. That's awesome!

Just make it like a charm person spell, so that their disposition changes towards the wearer. Moms, small children, myself, and Thog take a penalty to our will saves. :smallsmile:

Durithill the B
2007-10-25, 03:46 PM
Cursed Amulet of Gecko Form: This amulet appears, to magical analysis, to be an Amulet of Dragon Form. Actually, the amulet polymorphs the wearer into a Gecko. The wearer's equipment, except the amulet, melds with their skin and becomes useless until the amulet is removed. The wearer's type becomes animal, so that spells only affecting humanoids automatically fail when targeting the wearer. The wearers size becomes diminutive, and the wearer's strength, constitution, and dexterity become 2, 10, and 18 respectively, or remain the same (whichever is lower). The amulet shrinks ot fit the wearer's new size. The wearer's hit points are reduced to 1/2 1d4. The wearer losses all attacks and gains a bite attack at +4 for 1d4-4 damage. The wearer's base saves become +0/+0/+0. The wearer gains low-light vision and weapon finesse, but loses all his other feats, the ability to gain bonuses from armor, to use items made for humanoid use, to use his skills, to cast spells requiring somatic or verbal components, any racial abilities, and the ability to speak a comprehensive language. He gains a +5 to climb, and +4 to hide. While in Gecko form, the wearer acts as if continuously under the effect of the spider climb spell. This effect is not magical. Dirt builds up on the membrane covering the wearer's eyes and he suffers a cumulative -2 penalty to spot checks every 1d6 rounds. If this penalty reaches -10, the wearer becomes temporarily blind. The wearer may take a move action at any time, however, to lick his eyeballs to clean off some of the dirt, lessening the penalty by 2. The wearer takes a -20 penalty to fear effects. Whenever the wearer would become shaken, he instead becomes frightened, and whenever the wearer would become frightened, his instead becomes paniked. While frightened, the wearer gains +20 ft to their base land speed. While paniked, this bonus increases to +40 ft. The amulet cannot be removed except with a remove curse or limited wish spell.
Strong transmutation; CL 10th; Create Wonderous Item, balefull polymorph and spider climb; Price 10,000 gp.

Abjurer
2007-10-27, 08:41 AM
I want one of those just so I can lick my eyes.
Of course, then I want it to go away...

I like that the gecko is always panicked.
If, like, anything within a hundred feet moves, it freaks.

And that is so true. Because that's how geckos roll.

... the puppy one is still better, though.

Durithill the B
2007-10-28, 12:55 PM
You can never beat the original, lol.

But knowing you, you're going to try.

Abjurer
2007-10-28, 01:22 PM
Nah. This original's good enough it doesn't need beat.

BisectedBrioche
2007-10-28, 01:25 PM
Cursed Amulet of Companion Cube Form
This amulet appears, to magical analysis, to be an Amulet of Stoneskin. Actually, the amulet polymorphs the wearer into a 1x1 ft. metal cube. The wearer's equipment, including the amulet, melds with their skin and becomes useless until the amulet is removed. The wearer's type becomes construct, so that spells only affecting humanoids automatically fail when targeting the wearer. The wearers size becomes small, and the wearer's strength, constitution, and dexterity become 0, 10, and 0 respectively, or remain the same (whichever is lower). The wearer losses all attacks and becomes immobile. The wearer's base saves become +0/+0/+0. The wearer may communicate telepathically with any creature within 10ft. but must make a will save (DC 10) or say nothing but death threats. A remove curse spell causes the transformation to reverse and the amulet to fall off. They retain their normal hitpoints and may only be damaged by fire.
Strong transmutation; CL 10th; Create Wonderous Item, balefull polymorph and stoneskin or transmute flsh to stone; Price 10,000 gp.

Durithill the B
2007-10-28, 01:30 PM
It's good to see someone else getting into the spirit, lol.

Cursed amulets to all, and to all a good night!

DracoDei
2007-10-28, 01:35 PM
What exactly is the "Harmless" quality, and, especially, why does it exist mechanically?

Durithill the B
2007-10-28, 01:42 PM
What exactly is the "Harmless" quality, and, especially, why does it exist mechanically?
If I had to guess, I'd say that the "harmless" quality means they cannot do damage.
Just a guess, lol.

Icewalker
2007-10-28, 01:48 PM
Oooooh... Did not think about psionics...
That could become a little interesting...

And thank you.:smallbiggrin:

Hey, we've got a super psionic rabbit who is almost a BBEG in a campaign I play in.

Durithill the B
2007-10-28, 01:52 PM
Hey, we've got a super psionic rabbit who is almost a BBEG in a campaign I play in.
I feel like I should know what BBEG stands for...
And yet I cannot remember...

Abjurer
2007-10-28, 01:59 PM
Big Bad Evil Guy, or something.
Archvillain, in effect.

Durithill the B
2007-10-28, 02:15 PM
You know, bunny is one we didn't think about.
How 'bout it Abjurer?

Abjurer
2007-10-28, 02:29 PM
Go ahead.

It's pretty much just a gecko, but furry.

Durithill the B
2007-10-28, 02:33 PM
Don't forget jumping, lol.
And 'tis your turn.

BisectedBrioche
2007-10-28, 03:43 PM
Whoops, I had a bit of a brain fart there.

Durithill the B
2007-10-28, 03:47 PM
Don't worry, we all have days like that, lol.