PDA

View Full Version : Fun Things to do with a Mimic

SociopathFriend
2020-04-09, 07:00 PM
You, for whatever reason, have found a Mimic that is not out to immediately end your life in particular. It retains all its normal stats and traits.

What are some fun things you can think of doing with this Mimic?

Throne12
2020-04-09, 07:12 PM
Use it as a shield. Have it cover your armor so it can attack anyone your in melee.

DrKerosene
2020-04-10, 08:55 AM
Convince it to pose as the door in to a dead-end hallway that the Party is using for a Long Rest, acts as a guard dog/first line of defence.

Make it the couch in an interrogation room for the city guard, helps restrain uncooperative people.

Make it’s job to be a weapon’s rack, only allowing authorized people to take the adamantine swords and javelins of lightning.

ImproperJustice
2020-04-10, 09:37 AM
Acts as the party’s wagon, so it can defend the horses.

Serve as a portable ladder.

BloodSnake'sCha
2020-04-10, 09:49 AM
Become a table in my pub. The table will always be clean and there will be no leftovers and you will not need to feed the mimic.

Vogie
2020-04-10, 12:24 PM
If you had a mimic companion, it could effectively act like the Minor Conjuration feature of wizards.

Have it cover your armor so it can attack anyone your in melee.

It's basically Mimic Armor. Giving you the adhesive trait, and acting like a melee-only artificer familiar. I love this.

TigerT20
2020-04-10, 02:16 PM
(As a proud Discworld fan, I'm ashamed I didn't think of this earlier)
Keep it as a chest. Give it legs somehow. You now have a pet that can eat people and the best distraction in the world.

stoutstien
2020-04-10, 02:40 PM
Give it a headband of intelligence and turn it into chief of security.

SociopathFriend
2020-04-10, 03:37 PM
Give it a headband of intelligence and turn it into chief of security.

A sentient and intelligent mimic- now there's an idea.

ImproperJustice
2020-04-10, 05:58 PM
Should then name it Odo.

HPisBS
2020-04-10, 07:52 PM
Use it as a shield. Have it cover your armor so it can attack anyone your in melee.

According to this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1XkebT9hUs) (at 4:58), they're supposed to be way too heavy for that.

- If I were DMing it, I probably wouldn't let it make functioning wheels, either. But you could have it act as everything above the frame of your wagon - the floor, cover, etc. I may even let it use a psuedopod from the bottom as a leg to help move the wagon, since it'd otherwise be too heavy for the horses to pull it and your supplies / treasures around.

- Assuming you have a home base, it may be good to make it act as the only door to the wizard's study. Or the party's treasure room, or what have you. Just be sure to bring food with you every time you come by.

Tokuhara
2020-04-10, 07:59 PM
1. Get it a Headband of Intellect
2. Have it train into levels of Rogue (hopefully a subclass that does bonkers damage)
3. Have it turn into a table or a chair
4. Have it hide in the room
5. Lure enemies into the room
6. Bad things ahead for the enemies