PDA

View Full Version : The Search for a Hero

gryffydd65
2020-04-10, 02:45 PM
The Search for a Hero icc and occ will go here.

Half-Elf Ranger (UA) 1

AC 15 HP 12 Speed 30ft

Str 12 (1) Dex 16 (3) Con 14 (2) Wis16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 16 (3)

Attacks
Rapier (P) +5 1d8+3
Longbow (150/600) +5 1d8+3
Dagger (P/S) +5 1d4+3

Half-Elf:
+2 CHA, +1 INT, +1 STR
Medium Size, 30ft speed
Darkvision
Immunity to Sleep
Advantage vs. Charm
Perception, Deception
Common, Elven, +1 Language

Background: Noble
Prof. History, Persuasion
1 Gaming Set
1 Language

Ranger (UA)
STR/DEX-Saving throws, weapons/armor s. "other", Athletics, Stealth, Survival
Favored Enemy: Humanoids

Alara, mother, elf, some centuries old. Title holder (countess?), which she was given about 50 years ago for her service to the (human-dominated) country (kingdom?).
Milton, human, Alara's first husband, died about 30 years ago.
Jarod, father, human, 55, Alara's second husband.

Francis (son of Milton), older brother, ~50. Given a minor title (baron?), will be skipped most likely due to age and his lack of children.
Alrik (son of Milton), older brother, ~30. It is expected that either he or his offspring will inherit the title.
Mira (daughter of Jarod), older sister, ~25. She wanders the land as a preacher, but would be second in row, if neither Alrik nor his offspring would inherit.

Firias, 20 (son of Jarod), my character. Is not expected to inherit the title, and is given a lot of free time.

Alara
She is a strong leader and is generally held in high regard. However, in a way, she is a myth to many of her subjects. For many it is unclear what exactly those deeds of heroism were that gave her the title. Some call her "she, who came from the woods" or the forest witch. Others admire her beauty and her strength to lead, but argue that she is kind of distant.
She does not seem to involve in political intrigue, some even say she married her husbands out of true love. Milton was a general in the King's Army, and some believe that they got to know each other during their duties for the country. Jarod however was a simple blacksmith before he ascended into nobility through their marriage.

Some rumors that come to my mind:
* Some say that Alrik is actually Jarod's son, and that Milton knew about the betrayal and died from grief.
* Some believe that Mira is a bastard daughter and thus sent to priesthood
* Some swear to know that Francis once tried to kill his mother and was just banished from the line of succession.

gryffydd65
2020-04-10, 07:01 PM
The city of Townsend Bluff (a trading city established many years ago when the true races first founded this part of the continent. Any character race can be found here.)sat between the long grasslands in the East(Home to many humans and half orc tribes)and the Emerald River Valley Forest of the West(Home of the Elves). The Emerald River flowed from the mountains on the western side and cut through the heartland flowing into The Ebony Swamp (Ingenious gnomes have made it home .)that ended in the Sea of the Five Sisters, a group of islands inhabited by the lesser races.The Shieldbearers Mountains (Home of the Dwarves) towered in the North and the farmlands(Home to many humans and halflings)of the South flowed into the Endless Dry Sea( Rumored to be the home of the Dragonborn.), a desert that stretched on for countless miles. Many smaller towns and villages dotted the countryside while the Port of Evanstone was situated south of the swamp and north of the desert along the coast of the Sea of the Five Sisters and only true way to get to the Continent of Freyak's Discovery.

gryffydd65
2020-04-10, 07:22 PM
Firias was free to wander the city and surrounding countryside. As the third son of the Duchess, his life was his own as he was never expected to take the title. He trained with different experts in the use of weapons and techniques to survive on his own.
Firias was hunting deer in the long grasslands east of the city, when from out of no where a scream pierced the silence of the hunt.

Niobaran
2020-04-10, 07:52 PM
Firias is on foot and leads his horse on the reins. He has lost the trail of the game a while ago and so he trots along, his thoughts in a faraway place.... until suddenly he hears a scream. Someone must be in trouble! Without hesitation, the young man swings into the saddle and gives the horse the spurs, guiding it towards the source.

gryffydd65
2020-04-11, 05:20 PM
OCC perception 12. I need to know your other language.

Niobaran
2020-04-12, 05:28 PM
[roll0] (Darkvision)

Languages (I had put them into the section on the sheet):
Common, Elven, Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin

gryffydd65
2020-04-13, 11:03 PM
The voice is high and girlish, help is clearly heard in gnomish. As Firias gets closer he spots three dogs growling and a young gnome girl in a thorn bush.
Roll initiative.

Niobaran
2020-04-14, 05:07 AM
[roll0]

Oh no! A citizen in danger! What made those dogs so rabid?

"Heeey! You! Come and catch me instead, much more meat!" He shouts at the top of his lungs.

gryffydd65
2020-04-15, 06:19 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

The three dogs turn and run towards Firias. Firias is 120 feet away. It will take the dogs 1 round to go 80 feet and then second round move and attack.
Firias can fire his bow and then decide what to do.

Niobaran
2020-04-17, 04:53 AM
Afraid that the dogs would return to attack the gnome if he rode away, he stopped his horse, and sent an arrow to the first dog. He drew his rapier when the dogs drew near.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

gryffydd65
2020-04-17, 01:43 PM
Firias fires an arrow striking a dog. 1 to 2 first dog, 3 to 4 second, 5 to 6 last dog. [roll0]

gryffydd65
2020-04-17, 01:45 PM
Firias kills the dog with the highest initiative. So Firias can fire another arrow or wait until the second dog attacks before it is in rapier distance.

Niobaran
2020-04-18, 04:30 AM
Seeing that there is enough space for a second arrow, he tries to stop a second one in his tracks:

[roll0]
[roll1]
In case of crit [roll2]

gryffydd65
2020-04-18, 01:46 PM
The arrow pierces the second dog but it doesn't collapse. The second dog and third dog attack .

[roll0]
[roll1]

gryffydd65
2020-04-18, 01:49 PM
Two hits. [roll0]
[roll1]

Firias takes 2 points of damage

Niobaran
2020-04-18, 03:23 PM
Firias winces as he is bitten by both, but fortunately, the wounds are not deep. He quickly tries to defeat the one who he has hurt with his arrow before.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

gryffydd65
2020-04-18, 10:53 PM
The two dogs are still up and attacking.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

gryffydd65
2020-04-18, 10:54 PM
The two attacks hit. Total damage 7 points .

Niobaran
2020-04-19, 03:54 AM
"AAARGH!" He tries to turn a scream of pain into a war cry.

[roll0]
[roll1]
If crit: [roll2]

gryffydd65
2020-04-19, 12:41 PM
Firias strikes the healthy dog and kills it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Firias is bite again and had 5 hp left.

Niobaran
2020-04-19, 01:07 PM
Firias strikes the healthy dog and kills it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Firias is bite again and had 5 hp left.

Relieve washed over him as his last strike went true. He felt new power streaming through him, but it was disrupted by another bite. No time to think, more stabbing!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

gryffydd65
2020-04-19, 02:18 PM
The last dog dies. 75 xp.

The little gnome girl finally comes out of the thorny bushes.

Niobaran
2020-04-19, 02:27 PM
Firias stumbles backwards, as if trying to get space between himself and the corpses. Warm blood ran under his shirt and pants where the rabid creatures had sank their fangs into his flesh.

"Are... Are you alright?" He shouts in Gnome over to the girl.

gryffydd65
2020-04-20, 11:04 AM
She starts to cry in relief. Her words are jumbled and slurred due to the crying but she says she was told to run by her parents as bandits started to attack their farm.

I see you don't have other equipment mentioned. Please do so from class and race and background. I am going to give you 100 gold as well as an inheritance from your grandfather.

Niobaran
2020-04-20, 03:56 PM
Actually, my character sheet has further equipment: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2175529

---

"Bandits? At your farm? Where? How far away from here?"

gryffydd65
2020-04-20, 06:18 PM
Since I didn't see a healing potion. You should spend a hit dice and heal yourself. So roll hit die plus con bonus.

Niobaran
2020-04-20, 06:23 PM
Ah, yeah, I was not used yet to healing potions being in normal equipment. Well, in my next store run.

So spending a hit dice means to have a short rest, right? Then this is what I do. [roll0]

gryffydd65
2020-04-20, 07:27 PM
After a short rest with the gnome girl. She is calm enough to give directions to her home.
Firias is at full health.

The farm is tucked away between two small hills. Smoke can be seen from the chimney.

Niobaran
2020-04-22, 04:05 PM
Firias gets into the saddle again, and commands the gnome girl to take a seat behind him, pulling her up. On the way, he asks her to give him further information about the bandits.

"How many were there? What did they want? Were they human?"

Seeing the smoke he first gets a really bad feeling. Then he sees it coming from the chimney and not from a burned down farm. There might still be hope, he thought. But where were the bandits now? Or was it all a trick?

gryffydd65
2020-04-29, 07:49 AM
"I saw three human men come up to the farm. I thought they were farmers because they had a wagon. But my da knew better and told me to run. The dogs came from the wagon , I think." The girl says.

sorry, work got busy, I didn't forget about you.

Niobaran
2020-05-01, 06:42 PM
"Alright, you stay here with the horse, alright?" He says, apparently not expecting backtalk, and binds the horse to a tree.

Then, he starts to sneak up on the farm. If he can make out the wagon, he will approach this first, as might give him cover and answers.

[roll0]
[roll1]

gryffydd65
2020-05-01, 07:26 PM
Firias is quite stealthy and he doesn't see anyone in the wagon which is pulled by a horse. As he gets closer he can see chains running through rings set on the sides of the wagon.
Another perception roll please.