PDA

View Full Version : Bard Wight- help with undead character

Brigham
2007-10-24, 04:16 PM
I'm trying to transform an extant character into undead character using the undead monster "classes" from Libris Mortis. Should I, per Savage Species, change all previous HD to d12, and treat all successive HD as d12 since his type is undead?

I'm building Bard 4/Wight 3. So, would I say he's 4d6+2d12, or is he 6d12?

Also, the skill points for a Wight are confusing. Does he gain upon first entering the class, as the shown in Libris Mortis, (4+int)*4, or should I assume that he gains just (4+int) at level 5 when he first enters into the Wight "class".

Thanks for any help. I don't think I've revealed too much proprietary info, but I'll edit if I have.

cupkeyk
2007-10-24, 04:26 PM
I'm trying to transform an extant character into undead character using the undead monster "classes" from Libris Mortis. Should I, per Savage Species, change all previous HD to d12, and treat all successive HD as d12 since his type is undead?

I'm building Bard 4/Wight 3. So, would I say he's 4d6+2d12, or is he 6d12?

Also, the skill points for a Wight are confusing. Does he gain upon first entering the class, as the shown in Libris Mortis, (4+int)*4, or should I assume that he gains just (4+int) at level 5 when he first enters into the Wight "class".

Thanks for any help. I don't think I've revealed too much proprietary info, but I'll edit if I have.

That is problematic because savage species assumes that you begin with a monster class first and follow through with a base class. It is safe to assume that when you gain your first wight level you gain your first d12 (as well as change all previous hit dice to d12's) and 4+int skill points.

So that's 6d12 and an additional 4+int skillpoints.

Brigham
2007-10-24, 04:46 PM
thanks much.