PDA

View Full Version : Creatures with Illusion magic at will?

Bookwyrmm
2020-04-11, 10:24 AM
Anyone have any ideas on low CR critters that can cast at least Minor Image at will? I know I can make a level one wizard that can do it, but hoping for a non-class based solution. I had a vague memory that one of the wee dragons could, but turns out that is not the case at all.

HappyDaze
2020-04-11, 10:26 AM
Forest Gnomes can do it.

stoutstien
2020-04-11, 10:37 AM
Anyone have any ideas on low CR critters that can cast at least Minor Image at will? I know I can make a level one wizard that can do it, but hoping for a non-class based solution. I had a vague memory that one of the wee dragons could, but turns out that is not the case at all.
Use pixies but replace druidcraft with minor illusion?

Tanarii
2020-04-11, 10:42 AM
Make one up.

Illusion-casting rats always get the cheese, because they distract the cat.

Segev
2020-04-11, 11:06 AM
Make one up.

...I may give cranium rats minor illusion now in my games. ...assuming they ever come up.

MaxWilson
2020-04-11, 02:21 PM
Make one up.

Apropos of nothing:

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

BloodBrandy
2020-04-11, 02:35 PM
any NPC warlock of at least level 2. Then they can have the Misty Visions invocation for at will Silent Image

Chronos
2020-04-13, 08:31 AM
I don't know if they've been ported to 5th edition, but earlier editions had an aquatic beholderkin creature that could use low-level illusions at will.

Sigreid
2020-04-13, 09:08 AM
High elves get a cantrip. Nothing stopping you from picking that one.

Segev
2020-04-13, 10:25 AM

What do you need it for? We might be able to give better advice to your specific use case than a generic one.