View Full Version : Marvel Zombie

TheMeanDM
2007-10-24, 04:30 PM
Anyone read these?

The cover art looks cool...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Zombies_vs._The_Army_of_Darkness

Somebloke
2007-10-26, 12:51 PM
The first mini-series was interesting in a dumb sort of way.

But now they're being over-used and really ought to stop...the whole premise is just one long run of bleak, gory black humor.

Semidi
2007-10-26, 01:51 PM
http://www.headinjurytheater.com/article68.htm

I read this article on them and I want to read them. I've always loved zombies, even if I can't stand Marvel. The cover art looks awesome.

TheMeanDM
2007-10-26, 02:22 PM
That's an awesome article :)

Yes, Spiderman is still a whiny Emo bitch. Only now his LiveJournal is filled with poetry about braaaaaains.

RandomNPC
2007-10-28, 12:49 PM
if this is the marvel zombies that came out a while ago, that i picked up because it had cyclopse holding his head in one hand while blasting something, whats the big deal?

come one, Mr. Fantastic thought it was evolution? then went on to infect the rest of the F4? yeayness for stupid people who are ment to be smart. And honestly, how do you "prick" thing? when magneto saved the X men why didnt he just make a bunch of spinning sharp blades and destroy the zombies? to many holes, not enough enjoy.

Gundato
2007-10-28, 12:58 PM
It was good in the original Ultimate FF miniseries.
It was interesting in the original miniseries
It was REALLY good with the Evil Dead crossover
Dead Days sucks
The new miniseries is already pretty iffy.

It was an interesting concept that I would have loved to see have crossovers with 616 and 1610 on a semi-regular basis, but it really should not have been given its own miniseries multiple times. There are only so many things you can do before it is too different from 616 to be a Marvel comic.

Cade
2007-10-28, 01:41 PM
if this is the marvel zombies that came out a while ago, that i picked up because it had cyclopse holding his head in one hand while blasting something, whats the big deal?

come one, Mr. Fantastic thought it was evolution? then went on to infect the rest of the F4? yeayness for stupid people who are ment to be smart. And honestly, how do you "prick" thing? when magneto saved the X men why didnt he just make a bunch of spinning sharp blades and destroy the zombies? to many holes, not enough enjoy.

The entire universe is of a sub-par intelligence. This becomes clearer and clearer as time goes on with each mini. As the Verse is primarily a comedy, I have no problem with characters htat have little to no common sense and or brain-power.

2007-10-28, 03:59 PM
I like the idea, but it really is starting to get played out.

Kaelaroth
2007-10-29, 08:22 AM
I like the idea a lot, but haven't read the recent ones.

I always desperately wanted there to be a Marvel Zombies/1602 crossover. Now that is something I'd have queued up for! :smallwink:

Tamburlaine
2007-10-29, 11:46 AM
I demand that the Marvel Zombies/1602 crossover be produced, or else:smalltongue:

Ramebriz
2007-10-31, 10:20 PM
A cool side comic if you asked me. I have started it but not finished yet. Do you know how much of them are? and which names. I'm trying to search them.

W Herzog Zwei
2007-11-05, 11:23 AM
Count me in on the "spiffy idea that is now overplayed" bandwagon. I also thought that so far the Army of Darkness crossover was the high point, altough the first mini was interesting too. But (altough funny) using a stupid regular universe version of Punisher in it was kinda lost potential. Cause the Garth Ennis Max version could actually survive a zombie infestation, hee hee, cause he's the most dangerous man who has ever walked the earth.

Gundato
2007-11-05, 05:47 PM
I dunno if Garth's Frank could. I mean, he got the crap beat out of him by the horde of midgets that one time (of course, so did Wolverine). And the MAX Punisher is actually pretty tame, and thrives more on proper planning and terror than just magic kevlar jumpsuits. Been a while since he took ninety bullets to the chest and kept coming.

As for the Marvel Zombies comics

Dead Days: A one-shot that talks about the opening hours of the infection. It sucks
Ultimate Fantastic Four arc (look it up): The UF4 arrive in the universe via teleporter. I think it was 2 or 3 issues.
Marvel Zombies: This starts immediately after the first UF4 arc and ends with the Zombies leaving Earth. I think it was five issues.
Army of Darkness Crossover: Ash is in town and is doing a better job of being Deadpool than Wade himself (and without blatantly breaking the 4th wall!). The best of the bunch
Marvel Zombies (2): The new miniseries. The second worst of the bunch (but on its way to being the worst).