PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Path of War Question (Styles Feat Vs Stances)

Spud
2020-04-11, 05:11 PM
So Path of War has the Feat Fuse Styles, I can't post links so I'll drop the whole text below.

Fuse Styles (Combat, Style)
You are capable of mingling mundane and martial combat styles.

Prerequisite(s): One Style feat, one stance known.

Benefit(s): You can enter a fighting style and a martial stance with the same swift action.

As I read it, it allows you to drop into both a Style and a Stance at the same time since they're both swifts. Somehow my Co-Gm has come to the conclusion that you NEED this feat in order to adopt both a style and a stance. I have no idea where this came from, I cannot find anything anywhere in the Path of War rules that states anything like that, and there's a lot of Path of War Style feats that require you to be in a stance or are built around using them in that regard. Does anyone have any citation for this? Can they whip something out to disprove it?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, this is my first time posting on the forum.

Psyren
2020-04-11, 05:21 PM
You are correct - you can be in both even without the feat, it just takes two swift actions (and therefore, usually two rounds) to do so.

Elricaltovilla
2020-04-11, 05:23 PM
No, you do not need that feat to have both a style and a stance active at the same time. The feat only does what it says it does: allow you to enter both style and stance with one swift action, instead of needing two swift actions to do it.

Ninjaxenomorph
2020-04-11, 08:03 PM
And since PF doesn't let you downsize actions besides the specific 'use a standard action to take a move action', greasing the action economy by letting you double up on swift actions is a decent feat.

Powerdork
2020-04-11, 09:25 PM
If this feat didn't exist, one could maintain a stance and enter a style in the first round of combat just fine. They may have different mechanical representations of similar concepts, but they're meant to overlap just fine, as evidenced by the mere existence of discipline style feats, which demand you know maneuvers, and stances closely follow maneuvers.

What style are you considering learning?