PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder (Obyriths in Pathfinder) Book of the Damned - Lost Princes of the Abyss

MalsvirT
2020-04-12, 06:48 AM
Hey, there, i'm back with another pdf no one will ever consider using

I know, i know, pathfinder already has Qlippoth, it doesn't need another monstrous CE fiendish race. Well this isn't about need! It's about want! And i believe Obyriths still have a place in Pathfinder's cosmology. Check inside to see how.

Book of the Damned - Lost Princes of the Abyss tackles a form of fiend that i believe is not much considered. Qlippoths are monstrous, desire destruction and care little for what is destroyed, while Demons though still horrible, have the general objective of converting all living souls in demons, because they like it. But what if i told you, there was a time when Demons where monstrous, mind boggling beings, but still cared for the influence of mortals? That is what Obyriths are. An evolutionary intermediate. A race that existed as is for a relatively small time, but that still has some that cling to that brief moment of greatness.

Inside, you will find:

A document formatted in the style of Paizo's own official manuals

Lore needed to fit the Obyriths, their rise and downfall, in the general universe

7 Obyriths converted and adapted from various statblocks they had through the editions

Obediences, Boons and Domains for 8 Obyrith Lords, as well as stats for 3 of them

And More!

So here it is: Book of the Damned - Lost Princes of the Abyss (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yBOBRb-s72kB2ZQtUqthVQAwYAjGbz4U)

Credits to all the sources i managed to give. If you hold the credit for anything you recognize as yours in this PDF, tell me and you shall be added to the appendix

Any question, critique, typo and request for clarification is much welcome.

And most importantly: HAVE FUN!

Edit:Following Mulletmanalive's suggestion, i've changed the layout, formatting and spacing to more clearly define paragraphs. My instruments are limited though, so don't expect fancy page frames or text that conforms to image shapes.

FAQ:
Q:Tanar'ri?
A: Tanar'ri is the technical name for demons, from the term used in Dungeons and Dragons, though i've decided it means "destroyers" here. Nowadays, almost no one uses that name for demons. Only the most unflexible of Obiriths keep using the name Tanar'ri, because they see themselves as the rightful Demons. But no Obyrith will be offended if you call it Demon. Just be careful not to call them Qlippoth. And for the love of all that's unholy, don't use Obyrith to refer to Qlippoth!

Q:Reformat the other PDFs?
A: Soon. Until now i've made these documents mainly for myself, so knowing others may find them hard to read is important.

And now, a tiny rant
You know Ekolids right? CR 4, little, plentiful? In their original statblock in Fiendish Codex 1, they had 7 attacks! And you had to save separately for each egg! Forget bringing a swarm, fighting just one would force so many rolls!
But they aren't even the worst. That title goes to the Lagaththi (i hope i wrote it right). In their original statblock, they too had 7 attacks. Only that each of their attacks could inflict a negative level. Not only that, but their form of madness also could inflict 2d4 negative levels! All of them not resulting from negative energy! Just one of these pouncing on a level 10 PC could kill it in a single round without any chance of escape. But that's not all. They were descibed as traveling the Styx in schools of 2 or more! Just a giant F-you card for all players! I wonder how much alchool was involved in the creation and approval project.
Rant over
I hope my version is more fair.

Mulletmanalive
2020-04-12, 07:34 AM
Your formatting is lacking the separation lines for the stat blocks that make the Pathfinder blocks readable.
The pages need a minimum of one character width of border around the text to be readable.
Paragraphs need indents on their first line or the text becomes a muddy mess. Either that or spliting them with a double spacing.

I can't actually read the text very easily to do proofing beyond this. I like the tentacular abomination with eyes in its mouth.

If you clean up the file, I'll happily have move of a look.