PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Convert to 5e - 3.5 Druid (Shapeshift variant from PH2)

KQMOLLE
2020-04-15, 09:04 AM
Hi
Im relatively new to 5e. Can Anyone Help me in redesigning my to fit 5e?
Wood Elf Druid lvl 6 with the shapeshift variant from PH2.
His stats are:
STR 14
DEX 14
CON 16
INT 14
WIS 15
CHA 10
Feats: Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Imp. Natural Attack.

Thanks in advance :-)

clash
2020-04-15, 09:19 AM
This one is pretty easy as druids get wildshape at level 2 in 5e and moon druid can shift as a bonus action. I would do Wood elf Druid, circle of the moon for all 6 levels and possibly pick up the Alert feat at level 4.

CheddarChampion
2020-04-15, 11:06 AM
Building on what clash said:
'27 point buy' is considered the standard so if your DM requires you use that I'd go with 11/14/14/10/16/10.

Luccan
2020-04-15, 11:40 AM
Hi
Im relatively new to 5e. Can Anyone Help me in redesigning my to fit 5e?
Wood Elf Druid lvl 6 with the shapeshift variant from PH2.
His stats are:
STR 14
DEX 14
CON 16
INT 14
WIS 15
CHA 10
Feats: Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Imp. Natural Attack.

Thanks in advance :-)

So, feats don't really work like in 3.5. They're tied to your class level, not character level, and if you take them you don't improve your ability scores that level (unless the feat specifically gives a bonus, but it's still a +1 instead of a +2). So, as a 6th level elven druid you would have 1 feat. As it happens, only one of your feats quite translates to 5e (technically there's a feat like power attack, but it's not much use to a druid due to only effecting certain weapons). Take Alert at level 4 for a +5 to you initiative, plus a couple other bonuses.

Secondly, there are no options to swap out Wildshape. The closest you can get is the Circle of Spores giving you an alternate use for it, but its not really the same thing. There's also the spell Alter Self, which you would mean a three level dip in Sorcerer, Wizard, or Artificer. It also still isn't quite the same as the shapeshifting acf from 3.5, though.