PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Looking for Character Build Tracker

Angrith
2020-04-15, 02:35 PM
Hello! I'm looking for tools to track a character's build at each level. My google-fu has failed me, so I turn to the forum. Ideally this tracker would be something along the lines of an electronic character sheet for each level with auto-populating fields. This way I could tab between each level of the build but not have to manually fill in stats and spells that carry over. Does anyone know of such software or am I stuck building it myself? Just to be clear, I am not looking for something that records only the final level of the build. I would like to be able to look at 1-20 simultaneously. There's a lot of redundant information in such a setup, but that's the point.

RNightstalker
2020-04-15, 04:56 PM
I've heard about some site that helps you weave myths or something like that

Psychoalpha
2020-04-15, 05:12 PM
Hello! I'm looking for tools to track a character's build at each level. My google-fu has failed me, so I turn to the forum. Ideally this tracker would be something along the lines of an electronic character sheet for each level with auto-populating fields. This way I could tab between each level of the build but not have to manually fill in stats and spells that carry over. Does anyone know of such software or am I stuck building it myself? Just to be clear, I am not looking for something that records only the final level of the build. I would like to be able to look at 1-20 simultaneously. There's a lot of redundant information in such a setup, but that's the point.

I've legit never even heard of something like that being made. It seems.. very, very, very niche.

Angrith
2020-04-15, 06:03 PM
I've heard about some site that helps you weave myths or something like that

I've used myth-weavers in the past and I liked it for what it was. I don't think it has the feature I'm looking for though.

I've legit never even heard of something like that being made. It seems.. very, very, very niche.

Blast, foiled again, so I guess I'll look into building it myself then. My desire for such a tool has arisen from planning out builds, but then a campaign starts at a different level and I'm forced to delete information. This way I could build characters to my heart's desire and have minimal work to do when exporting their sheet to a game. Luckily, covid has me cooped up, so I have plenty of quiet time to figure this out.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-04-15, 06:44 PM
Just make a new character sheet when you level up?

Angrith
2020-04-15, 07:38 PM
Just make a new character sheet when you level up?

Well if you want to be simple and straightforward about it.

...Yeah, I feel like an idiot now. I can just save an iteration of the sheet each level. I would still like something that is self-contained instead of loading separate files, but that'll do well until I get something going. Thank you for your perfectly simple and sufficient advice.

NotASpiderSwarm
2020-04-15, 08:22 PM
Well if you want to be simple and straightforward about it.

...Yeah, I feel like an idiot now. I can just save an iteration of the sheet each level. I would still like something that is self-contained instead of loading separate files, but that'll do well until I get something going. Thank you for your perfectly simple and sufficient advice.

The other option would be Excel tabs. Create a char sheet in Excel(Does someone have a template for that? There must be a template somewhere), for level 1. Then create a Tab for level 2. Make lvl 2 pull it's data from lvl 1, automatically applying the adjustments for advancing HD, and then manually update gear/class features. Dupe lvl 2's sheet to create a lvl 3 one that pulls from lvl 2, but advanced a level. You'll still have to go through and manually fix tons of stuff on each levelup, but it will let you see what happens if you were 18 Str instead of 16 when you started, just by editing the first tab.

(you can also ignore the auto-calculation part of my advice and just copy the tab each time you level before manually updating it, which will be more work but far less complicated to set up).

Batcathat
2020-04-16, 03:04 PM
The other option would be Excel tabs. Create a char sheet in Excel(Does someone have a template for that? There must be a template somewhere), for level 1. Then create a Tab for level 2. Make lvl 2 pull it's data from lvl 1, automatically applying the adjustments for advancing HD, and then manually update gear/class features. Dupe lvl 2's sheet to create a lvl 3 one that pulls from lvl 2, but advanced a level. You'll still have to go through and manually fix tons of stuff on each levelup, but it will let you see what happens if you were 18 Str instead of 16 when you started, just by editing the first tab.

Yeah, this would be my suggestion too. If you want it online (or just doesn't have Excel) Google Sheets should be able to handle it. It doesn't have quite all of Excel's features but for something like this it should work well.

RNightstalker
2020-04-16, 04:29 PM
I have a format in Excel I use for all my characters now, works for me. I'll figure out how to upload it by sometime this weekend.

Angrith
2020-04-16, 04:46 PM
I have a format in Excel I use for all my characters now, works for me. I'll figure out how to upload it by sometime this weekend.

That'd be much appreciated! Thank you!

torrasque666
2020-04-16, 05:21 PM
Allow me to introduce to y'all the majesty of Pathbuilder (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redrazors.pathbuilder&hl=en_US) (if you have an android device or can emulate one)

Build level 1-20, has almost all of the 1e content, and can carry over choices from previous levels when building. If you need a particular level's character sheet, just export that one.

Psyren
2020-04-16, 07:07 PM
I've used myth-weavers in the past and I liked it for what it was. I don't think it has the feature I'm looking for though.

MW has a "download sheet" function - so you can simply download a copy every time you're about to level up, then reupload the unleveled copy when you're done and bam, sheets for every level. Then you can open each one in a different tab of your browser if you like.

Firebug
2020-04-17, 12:50 AM
Allow me to introduce to y'all the majesty of Pathbuilder (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redrazors.pathbuilder&hl=en_US) (if you have an android device or can emulate one)

Build level 1-20, has almost all of the 1e content, and can carry over choices from previous levels when building. If you need a particular level's character sheet, just export that one.I second Pathbuilder. Pretty much anytime I theorycraft a build I start with Pathbuilder.