PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Hormone Monster Warlock Patron for joke campaign. Ideas? Has it been done?

Pufferwockey
2020-04-17, 07:08 PM
My DM wants to make a joke campaign, and sort of half invited us to spitball goofy themed homebrews. I'm trying to come up with a balanced new warlock patron based on Maury the Hormone Monster from Bigmouth. I couldn't find an existing example after a cursory google, but I'd be surprised if I was the first one to have the idea. Anyone seen one floating around the internet?

The feel I think I'm looking for is sort of half way between Archfey, and the Wild Magic Sorcerer.

Abilities that interact with enemies' as well as the warlock's own emotions. Triggering uncontrollable rage in enemies, allies or the warlock themselves would be fun ("rage, rage F**KING RAGE"). Ditto compulsive behaviourse, or crippling self doubt, as well as a mechanic that forced the warlock themselves to make stupid decisions sometimes, or maybe interfered with charisma checks, or caused spells to go off without warning, would be a lot of fun.

If anyone has any thoughts or has seen something similar before, it would be greatly appreciated.