PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PF 2e: Whip Build

kbob
2020-04-17, 11:28 PM
So I am brand new to PF 2e (actually I've never even played PF 1e before). However, I have been playing DnD for years. So I am familiar with theory-crafting in general. I want to make a whip build (trip/disarm) but I am kinda confused on how to approach it. I am starting off level 1 and I'm a human (versatile) Fighter (warrior). I am not sure if that is the customary way of writing that but I hope it makes sense. I am also using a scorpion whip. Any thoughts on how to approach this??

Firebug
2020-04-18, 02:36 AM
I would suggest starting with Archive of Nethys' (https://aonprd.com/Search.aspx) search function with 'whip'. Notables include Whip Mastery/Improved/Greater, Equipment Trick, and probably a few archetypes. Otherwise, mix in another style like grapple (along with equipment trick and hog tie them with your Iron Rope that you command to turn to iron), disarm/trip (with greater serpent lash), poisons with Calistria's Poisoned Lash, etc.

Fighter might not be the 'best' but it is certainly manageable. Warpriest or taking the advanced weapon training(focused weapon) could be interesting since you can up the damage dice with sacred weapon.

Drezius
2020-04-18, 02:41 AM
I would suggest starting with Archive of Nethys' (https://aonprd.com/Search.aspx) search function with 'whip'. Notables include Whip Mastery/Improved/Greater, Equipment Trick, and probably a few archetypes. Otherwise, mix in another style like grapple (along with equipment trick and hog tie them with your Iron Rope that you command to turn to iron), disarm/trip (with greater serpent lash), poisons with Calistria's Poisoned Lash, etc.

Fighter might not be the 'best' but it is certainly manageable. Warpriest or taking the advanced weapon training(focused weapon) could be interesting since you can up the damage dice with sacred weapon.

2e means second edition.

stack
2020-04-18, 09:06 AM
Last I looked, there are not any archetypes focused on whips. This may change with the APG. In the meantime, multiclass monk for flurry of maneuvers is something to look at, not sure if it would pan out.

Assurance in Athletics is nice for handling weaker enemies in place of low MAP actions. Can be had via background too.

Firebug
2020-04-20, 02:37 AM
2e means second edition.Apparently I skipped right on past the 2e and focused on "I haven't played 1e before but have been playing dnd for years".

That said, basically the same advice except click on 2e first on Archive of Nethys. So nothing whip specific. Repeat for Disarm and Trip.

Maybe multiclass into Barbarian and take Brutal Bully and No Escape and the strike and do a maneuver fighter feats.