PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder (Halo for Pathfinder, part 1) Worldnomicon - Machines of the Ancients

MalsvirT
2020-04-19, 11:18 AM
I'm here for more stuff no one wants.

Have you ever felt the need for a futuristic construct faction in your tabletop? Did you find the robots of pathfinder too grounded? The Prometheans are your answer! Machines developed through mind boggling technology, with powers and equipments that defy common sense, blending traditional science, superantural power and metaphysics to bring the end of whatever is so foolish as to breach into the locations they guard.

Worldnomicon - Machines of the Ancients adapts the Prometheans and other Forerunner constructs of the Halo games as enemies for your players to fight. Occupying the niche of the "robot made with physics-defying science" compared to the robots and clockwork constructs of Pathfinder galore. It is recommended to have at hand the technology rules of the PRPG Technology Guide, as well as the Robot subtype to fully understand how all of these rules work. Of course, both can be found for free on Aonprd and d20pfsrd.

Inside the PDF, you will find:

An adaptation of the lore of the Forerunners to make them fit into the myth of Pathfinder
Rules for various Forerunner constructs fought in the games of the saga, as well as suggestions for their variants
Stats for the weapons and equipments used by the Promethean constructs
And more! no actually it's more or less this

Awaken this ancient evil now:Worldnomicon - Machines of the Ancient (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-UJg_SNJmeO7LAoe8uDBy0xzBal4hznd)

Credits to all the sources i managed to give. If you hold the credit for anything you recognize as yours in this PDF, tell me and you shall be added to the appendix

Any question, critique, typo and request for clarification is much welcome.

And most importantly: HAVE FUN!

FAQ

Q:More Halo stuff?
A: I already have the Covenant mostly statted, i just have to finish formatting and reviewing. As for the Flood, probably not anytime soon. I haven't really started wrapping my head around it.

Q: Why Annunaki?
A: the Forerunners as they are now in the games are clearly inspired by the concept of the ancient aliens that came to enlighten humanity, and the mythical Annunaki is the most cited as being this. The fact that Pathfinder has the Annunakis as statted monsters, that they are technological to the point of appearing magical, and that they are in an unspecified rivalry with other beings with a similar niche, the Elohims, has given me this inspiration.

Q:Worldnomicon?
A: As the Book of the Damned/Fiendish Codex lines talk about evil outsiders, i wanted to give a name to an imaginary line of books that talk about more Material topics. It keeps all my PDFs organized. All of this Book of the Damned, Chronicle of the Righteous stuff, i actually started because i wanted to reorganize for myself the various monster "families" that exist in the lore of both Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, and everything. BotD, CotR and Concordance of Rivals lines talk about Fiends, Celestials and Monitors respectively. Then i have some stuff in an imaginary Inner Insight for Inner and Transitive planes, and finally Worldnomicon for things like Aboleths, Beholderkins, Very Big Stuff, Elder Mythos lore... that fit into loose "families" or share subtypes and some obsessive people like me would want all together in one place.