PDA

View Full Version : Cavalry Charger Ubermount questions - Weapon of mass destruction?

H_H_F_F
2020-04-20, 04:15 AM
Hi all. I'm building a 20th level Character in a very low-magic world, which is very centered on humans (no other races, basically no monsters).
I can adapt racial prc's for humans, and I can get weaker versions of Paladins and rangers, and prc's resembling them. So, I'm building a version of an Ubermount. Pally 5/ Beastmaster 1/ Wild Plains Outrider 2, Not-Halfling Outrider 10, Fighter 2. While I want the Character to be able to take on individual threats, the Idea is replacing the mass fire power of a caster, and being able to crash into armies and kill low level fighters in heaps. I thought this could be done with the Cavalry Charger feat from CW, specifically the Fell Trample manuover.

My questions are:
1. Can my horse use power attack for the hoof attacks granted by the Trample feat?
2. Assuming an army standing in file, can my horse overrun 2 people for every square she moves? (because of the 2*2 size.)
3. Can she use a double move, charge, or run actions to run through more people?
4. Can the enemy use the Aoo attacks they get from the overrun attempts against me, instead of my horse? My thought was no, because she's the one overrunning.
5. Do the people we ride by get an Aoo against me? My horse? Either? Both? My hope was that maybe only against her, because She's the only one performing a move action, I'm just sitting there.
6. Given enough constitution, can my horse use her 21st and 24th HD feats to take the epic feat Damage Reduction from CW? Or are animals never epic maybe?

Thanks for your help!

Bonus question: Can any of you think of any builds or feats that are usually bad at high levels, but not so in low-magic-mostly-human worlds?

H_H_F_F
2020-04-20, 04:45 AM
Also (I forgot): I thought maybe technically I could use the Defensive Riding class feature from Halfling Outrider while my horse does all her trampling, because technically I don't think I'm doing anything. On the other hand, it seems very far from what was intended.