PDA

View Full Version : Twice the Time Spent?

Nonah_Me
2007-10-24, 10:29 PM
Does a character with levels in both wizard and cleric need to prepare spells for 2 hours a day?

Mewtarthio
2007-10-24, 11:21 PM
A Wizard needs eight hours of rest followed by an hour of preparation. A Cleric needs an hour of prayer. Those are two separate things: I doubt your god will be particularly happy if you mumble prayers while leafing through your spellbook, and you can't concentrate on the demanding task of preparing spells if your attention is occupied by prayer.

Starsinger
2007-10-24, 11:32 PM
A Wizard needs eight hours of rest followed by an hour of preparation. A Cleric needs an hour of prayer. Those are two separate things: I doubt your god will be particularly happy if you mumble prayers while leafing through your spellbook, and you can't concentrate on the demanding task of preparing spells if your attention is occupied by prayer.

Unless your god is Boccob, because then I doubt he'd care. :smallamused:

Jack Mann
2007-10-24, 11:50 PM
I imagine for Boccob, careful study of magic is as prayer.

Mewtarthio
2007-10-25, 12:08 AM
Unless your god is Boccob, because then I doubt he'd care. :smallamused:

Bah. Boccob's cheating. "My god demands that I amass great arcane might!" What next, a god whose Portfolio reads "desecration of ancient sites and careless slaughter of local fauna"? :smalltongue:

Mike_Lemmer
2007-10-25, 12:51 AM
Erythnul?

Adventurers need a deity of Violent Misunderstandings.

TheOOB
2007-10-25, 02:26 AM
I'd imagine Erythnul loves adventurers, think of how many seperiant beings an adventurer kills in their lifetime, hundreads? thousands? A serial killer is considered ungodly evil if they reach double digits.

That said, beings clerics get their spells at a specific time of day they probally won't be preparing both classes spells at the same time unless you plan your sleeping schedual very well. That said it's really up to the DM, do they want your party resting 9 hours or 10 hours a day.

Starsinger
2007-10-25, 08:45 AM
Y'know.. when I responded with that Boccob thing earlier, I totally forgot he was the god of magic.. I was totally going for the "Boccob the Uncaring" pun. :smallredface:

Nonah_Me
2007-10-25, 03:04 PM
Actually, my patron is Boccob. Kinda fit, you know. I thought about Wee Jas, but the Lawful thing doesn't jibe with me.

I wonder if one could create a magic item, somewhere along the lines of Boccob's Blessed Book, that would be a prayerbook slash spellbook. It'd probably be homebrew.