PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Confessions of a D-list supervillain

moonfly7
2020-04-21, 09:36 AM
I'm thinking about buying this book on the kindle since I've heard lots of good things about it but I have a few questions before I commit:
1. Does it have any smut in it? Because I've found that lots of authors of books like this include it without warning sometimes and I'd rather not read any of that.
2. Which book in the series should I read first? Because as far as I can tell Confessions of a D-list supervillain came put first but Origins of a D-list supervillain is about the main characters origin story, a prequel. So should I read the prequel first or the first book and then the prequel?
3. If you read it did you like it? I've heard mostly good thing about it but it never hurts to hear more opinions.

tomandtish
2020-04-22, 02:11 PM
I'm thinking about buying this book on the kindle since I've heard lots of good things about it but I have a few questions before I commit:
1. Does it have any smut in it? Because I've found that lots of authors of books like this include it without warning sometimes and I'd rather not read any of that.
2. Which book in the series should I read first? Because as far as I can tell Confessions of a D-list supervillain came put first but Origins of a D-list supervillain is about the main characters origin story, a prequel. So should I read the prequel first or the first book and then the prequel?
3. If you read it did you like it? I've heard mostly good thing about it but it never hurts to hear more opinions.

I've read them all.

1) Minimal smut.
2) Since I read them in release order, I don't know if it would be better to read in a different order. But it didn't hurt anything the way I did it.
3) I find them quite enjoyable. Good humor, but "believable".

moonfly7
2020-04-22, 04:19 PM
I've read them all.

1) Minimal smut.
2) Since I read them in release order, I don't know if it would be better to read in a different order. But it didn't hurt anything the way I did it.
3) I find them quite enjoyable. Good humor, but "believable".

What do you mean by minimal smut, like, just not a lot or not graphic? Or its obvious they just had sex or its plainly stated and they just don't explain or describe it?

DaedalusMkV
2020-04-23, 06:53 PM
1. A tiny bit. Characters either have sex or reference it on a semi-regular basis, but it's never explicitly described. Generally, you'll get a chapter change right before they do the deed, and skip time to either shortly or a whole bunch afterwards on the next chapter start (between-chapter skips of weeks or even months aren't uncommon). If it was a movie, it definitely wouldn't warrant an R rating for sexuality, but is definitely too much to get a PG rating either.
2. I strongly recommend reading in release order. Origins is, surprisingly, not nearly as good of an introduction to the setting or the character as Confessions is.
3. I did quite enjoy it. The protagonist is fairly relatable, and it has lots of interesting takes on a superhero setting. Not my favorite, but certainly worth the read if you're interested in the genre.

tomandtish
2020-04-23, 07:07 PM
Daedalus sums it up nicely.

moonfly7
2020-04-24, 07:47 AM
1. A tiny bit. Characters either have sex or reference it on a semi-regular basis, but it's never explicitly described. Generally, you'll get a chapter change right before they do the deed, and skip time to either shortly or a whole bunch afterwards on the next chapter start (between-chapter skips of weeks or even months aren't uncommon). If it was a movie, it definitely wouldn't warrant an R rating for sexuality, but is definitely too much to get a PG rating either.
2. I strongly recommend reading in release order. Origins is, surprisingly, not nearly as good of an introduction to the setting or the character as Confessions is.
3. I did quite enjoy it. The protagonist is fairly relatable, and it has lots of interesting takes on a superhero setting. Not my favorite, but certainly worth the read if you're interested in the genre.
Thank you, I was holding off on reading it till I knew so I'm very greatful that someone was able to clarify.