PDA

View Full Version : Stacking wand creation cost reducers?

bean illus
2020-04-22, 12:04 PM
I know this:

Crafting it yourself instead of buying it. (DMG) 50%
Item is restricted to being used by those of a specific skill. (DMG) 10%
Item is restricted to being used by those of a specific class or alignment. (DMG) 30%
Extraordinary Artisan feat (ECS53) 25%

Do these stack? And how?

A 4th level spell in a wand cost 10,500 to make. Is that price reduced by 40%, then 25% more?

I'm thinking Chameleon 8 here, so the floating feat makes this question easy fun.

Belt of Battle is the only way i know to get standard actions. This build would probably just use a full attack than a wand.
Other than buying 2, are there other simple ways?

Skysaber
2020-04-22, 12:40 PM
Yes, and typically the formula people follow is you just take 65% off of the cost to create.

Dual Wand Wielder is a feat that you could, theoretically, build into an item.

bean illus
2020-04-22, 01:23 PM
Yes, and typically the formula people follow is you just take 65% off of the cost to create.

Dual Wand Wielder is a feat that you could, theoretically, build into an item.

I could pay someone else to put it on bracers, etc.

I'm also eyeballing Master Wand. Effectively allowing spontaneous conversion from any slot I have to a wand I'm using. Awesome utility for cheap, i think.

Edit: lol.
Make wands for 35%, use Master Wand to further reduce cost, charge party members 50% full price (as a favor), end up doing the whole thing free.

RNightstalker
2020-04-22, 01:35 PM
The more important question is what about requiring a class AND alignment?

Xervous
2020-04-22, 01:53 PM

Require a conflicting class and alignment to gate the item’s usage behind elaborate UMD checks.

bean illus
2020-04-22, 02:01 PM

Require a conflicting class and alignment to gate the item’s usage behind elaborate UMD checks.

Do it multiple times, and instead of spending money, gold pieces appear next to the item. jj

Xervous
2020-04-22, 02:14 PM
Do it multiple times, and instead of spending money, gold pieces appear next to the item. jj

And this is why reducers are multiplicative, or should be.

Quertus
2020-04-22, 02:39 PM

Actually, you get the money (and the item) X days before you start crafting it, because the time is negative, too! :smallbiggrin: