PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever seen a write up for Darkwing Duck?

eyebreaker7
2020-04-23, 04:54 PM
Stats, equipment and anything else he has about him that would fit into the game? I have only ever seen part of a couple episodes but plan to watch them all soon. I hope. Just curious how I would/should play him as a character. Something for a non-standard campaign obviously :biggrin:

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-04-23, 04:59 PM
He's obviously a factotum, with his "spells" replaced by some ACF or another. Maybe maneuvers? He seems to be a really fantastic fighter, although he does rely on his smarts, gadgets, and (to a point) luck to win the day. Of course, his bad luck is at least as bad as his good luck is good. It's really swingy. Maybe some luck feats, along with some luck-based flaws?

Oddly, he's a LOT more competent than he acts. He's a goofball, but he's actually extremely effective at what he does, to the point where, if he were more aggressive and lethal with his takedowns, the villains would be terrified of him.

He's also a frickin' fantastic father, when it comes down to it. I can't imagine him not having full ranks in Profession (Fatherhood).

Also, check out the rod of ropes, with a few magical enhancements added in for his gun's other abilities.

Angrith
2020-04-23, 05:01 PM
Well, I've never seen a write-up for darkwing duck, pathfinder has a class that may be of use: the vigilante (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/vigilante/).

The short is that you have two sets of abilities, one for your day job, and one for your nighttime crime fighting activities.

eyebreaker7
2020-04-23, 05:10 PM
Oh heck yes! That looks awesome! Thank you. I've definitely got to read up on that! Thank you! :smallcool:

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-04-23, 05:10 PM
Oh heck yes! That looks awesome! Thank you. I've definitely got to read up on that! Thank you! :smallcool:Gestalt the two, mayhap?

eyebreaker7
2020-04-23, 05:25 PM
Is the "Rod of ropes" an actual 3rd/3.5/d20 item? Or is it home brew? Looks very fitting.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-04-23, 05:30 PM
Is the "Rod of ropes" an actual 3rd/3.5/d20 item? Or is it home brew? Looks very fitting.3.5. It's in the Magic Item Compendium.

[edit] Complete Scoundrel.

eyebreaker7
2020-04-23, 05:49 PM
3.5. It's in the Magic Item Compendium.

Do you happen to know what page it's on? I can't find it. Sorry.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-04-23, 05:57 PM
Do you happen to know what page it's on? I can't find it. Sorry.Oops. Complete Scoundrel, p116.

That's my bad. Sorry 'bout that.

eyebreaker7
2020-04-23, 06:09 PM
Danm. Don't have that one :(
Thanks anyway. I just wanted a rule book to show it in anyway. I can pull the description of the web.

Batcathat
2020-04-24, 01:17 AM
I have absolutely nothing to contribute other than saying it sounds like an awesome idea. I loved that show as a kid.

(And I still haven't forgiven the channel that stopped showing it here because some kids in Finland kicked another kid to death and obviously a duck doing martial arts is going to contribute to stuff like that. :smallsigh: )

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-04-24, 01:31 AM
I have absolutely nothing to contribute other than saying it sounds like an awesome idea. I loved that show as a kid.

(And I still haven't forgiven the channel that stopped showing it here because some kids in Finland kicked another kick to death and obviously a duck doing martial arts is going to contribute to stuff like that. :smallsigh: )Can you get Disney+? Because it should be on Disney+. And you can get it online. (https://www.amazon.com/s?k=darkwing+duck&ref=nb_sb_noss)

ShurikVch
2020-04-24, 04:43 AM
Obligatory Respect Darkwing Duck (Darkwing Duck) (https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/ajqqyw/respect_darkwing_duck_darkwing_duck/) link
Likely, most people would seriously undersell his abilities due to mental "weirdness filter" which is commonly works during the watching various "toon physics" things
I mean:
"Cracks a metal wall by headbutting it"
"Throws a ball and chain through a prison wall"
"Holds onto a swimming pool while getting lifted so that the pool is ripped out of the ground before he lets go of it"
"Jumps through a steel ceiling"
"Tanks a tail slap from a dragon. (The dragon is strong enough to casually push over buildings.)"
"Tanks getting hit by a train"

Darkwing Duck, obviously, should be a Dungeon Crasher or have access to Mountain Hammer maneuvers line, and have some massive DR or/and delayed damage mechanics - such as Crusader's Steely Resolve or Giant-Killer's Diehard (shouldn't be Regeneration, because Darkwing Duck was in a hospital sometimes, which is unnecessary for a creature with Regeneration)

Telonius
2020-04-24, 12:31 PM
He should probably get the feat that Elan has to improve damage when he says a clever quip. (Though maybe Disney characters get that through a template).

Quentinas
2020-04-24, 12:46 PM
He should probably get the feat that Elan has to improve damage when he says a clever quip. (Though maybe Disney characters get that through a template).

I thinks that is part of Elan prestige class , but yeah it should obtain that