PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Roleplaying some Personality

KyleG
2020-04-23, 06:11 PM
So i am after some roleplaying suggestions for the two characters i play. I found 16 personalities, a Meyers-Briggs questionaire and it came out fairly accurate to one of them, but im after some suggestions to help present that in-game.
https://www.16personalities.com/isfp-personality?fbclid=IwAR10wBhDRBkAoAfZh-fK3TWrFIK1dVCXTYc46pL6bDsaf8AZoVJREkKf3ys

So my Tiefling Wild Magic Sorceress, Seeker, was envisaged as an MCU Scarlet Witch, SoT Kahlen Amnell and Lara Croft (new games) amalgamation. In this exercise in self discover i can now put into words a few things.
1. She is independent. So i am keeping this Ideal "I must prove that I can handle myself without my minders."
2. She lives in the here and now with the only driving future thought really about learning to control her power (at a metagame level i see this more about her ACCEPTING her power)
3. Building on that is this quote from the quiz "I Don’t Want to Talk, I Want to Play! believe in actions, not words. They talk about what is, not what could, should or will be, and then they actually do it."
4. She does not like to be controlled. The party (players at the least) thought that because she slept with one random (hit on another) that she was promiscuous. That was not my intent to convey. She is just less prudish about it. She had an itch, she took care of it. She had been 'off the grid' pregame for some time. The defacto leader assigned her to seduce a soldier for information and she went along with it to the point when she got there she simply asked for the info, no seduction involved. But in hindsight I think she hated being told to do it. There might be an opportunity to play this out next session.

As to my Half Orc Fighter (echo knight) he is a wee bit like Amos from The Expanse, and like Seeker is a here and now type, preferring action over long discussion. He isnt a murder hobo and with an intelligence of 13 isnt a dumb brute.
He has lived lives before but in this incarnation he wasnt educated to his previous lives as he normally would be but rather they have revealed themselves as disjointed memories.
Honorable, Stoic, not easily offended (he missed out on a guard role to a weedy wizard because of a bad roll) but didnt take it personally, although the wizard was offended on my behalf. Defeated by a tougher opponent he sought him out not for revenge but to prove his worth. After claiming victory he treated the fallen warrior with reverence and respect.

So your suggestions for roleplaying these characters would be most welcome. Ill answer whatever questions i can that you ask which in turn may help me playout these characters traits.