PDA

View Full Version : any Su abilities that give you minions?

newguydude1
2020-04-24, 03:36 AM
experimenting with assume supernatural ability and metamorphic transfer. all i could find is create spawn for shadows and the like.

are there any others?

i heard ravid with its animated object aura. how does it interact with metamorphic transfer? each use is 1 round? or each use is an activation of the aura so one use lasts all day?

edit:I found one
Graveyard Sludge
creatures that die within 20ft become oozespawn zombies. it doesnt say you control them though. a rebuker might have a user.

found another one
Thoon Infiltrator. Makes Thoon Thralls
Thoon Thralls obey Thoon Infiltrators as if dominated.
Thoon Thrall is a template applied to any humanoid.

and another one
Madcrafter of Thoon's Launch Spawn (Su)
2/day it can give birth to a stormcloud of thoon or a scyther of thoon. these guys await orders of telepathic thoons like madcrafter. order it to obey me even if i revert back.

and another one
Mockery Monarch. 20hd so i need to first turn into a phasm and use its su ability. makes mockery drones out of humanoids.

and another one
ruin chanter. 20hd so i need to first turn into a phasm and use its su ability. 1/week calls a ruin elemental permanently. emphasis on permanently. permanent minion.

and another one
skull lord. 12hd but undead so i still need a phasm. can create skeletons up to el7 encounter.

and another one
rot reaver. 10hd. any creature that got hit by his wound rot (su) ability can be animated into zombies using his animate dead (su) ability. control limit is your hd. unclear if it shares same hd limit as regular animate dead.

and another one
yak folk. 5hd. summon an evil janni for 2 sunrises. total control.

magicalmagicman
2020-04-24, 09:19 AM
Madcrafter of Thoon's Launch Spawn (Su)
2/day it can give birth to a stormcloud of thoon or a scyther of thoon. these guys await orders of telepathic thoons like madcrafter. order it to obey me even if i revert back.

ruin chanter. 20hd so i need to first turn into a phasm and use its su ability. 1/week calls a ruin elemental permanently. emphasis on permanently. permanent minion.

Holy **** these two are amazing! Wow! Amazing find!

Bphill561
2020-04-24, 09:59 AM
Hmm, my first thought was to select Energy Drain as a supernatural ability as many creatures have this ability. This may allow you forms to assume of creatures you are more likely to have run into.

Then take the Create Spectral Spawn feat for the Dragon of Faerun Web enhancement that allows you to make spectral creatures. There are several threads on maximizing energy drain, usually soul eaters and the energy drain armor property from Defenders of the Faith. Control is part of the feat, but if you are already planning on telling things to follow you after you revert it should not be a problem.

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070425a

This is not as direct as your examples, but it depends on how much of a stickler your DM is on having you seen the creatures before being able to assume their forms.

newguydude1
2020-04-24, 05:37 PM
ok i finish look through mmi ii iii iv v, fiend folio, elder evils, lords of madness.

what other books has monsters i can polymorph into that i can look up.

also anyone have something like phasm except lower hd and transform into fey? i want ruin chanter and ruin elemental at a lower level.

Hmm, my first thought was to select Energy Drain as a supernatural ability as many creatures have this ability. This may allow you forms to assume of creatures you are more likely to have run into.

Then take the Create Spectral Spawn feat for the Dragon of Faerun Web enhancement that allows you to make spectral creatures. There are several threads on maximizing energy drain, usually soul eaters and the energy drain armor property from Defenders of the Faith. Control is part of the feat, but if you are already planning on telling things to follow you after you revert it should not be a problem.

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070425a

This is not as direct as your examples, but it depends on how much of a stickler your DM is on having you seen the creatures before being able to assume their forms.

thanks ill look into it.

Holy **** these two are amazing! Wow! Amazing find!

i think so too. psion so fun.