PDA

View Full Version : Player Help [3.5/PF] Alternatives to the Dhampir Blood Drinker feat?

AncientWolflord
2020-04-24, 02:39 PM
Hi all,

I've been looking into playing a dhampir in an upcoming game, but I always get stumped at the same point - I don't particularly like the Blood Drinker feat, and I've yet to see a viable alternative to it. In a lot of games I would take it just for the flavour, but I am already feat-starved with the build I plan on using and I don't want to push back the point my build comes online for something that won't really benefit me much. Does anyone know of magic items/other rules I could use that could easily be flavored into blood drinking? I just feel weird playing a vampiric character who doesn't benefit from drinking blood lol

StSword
2020-04-24, 10:16 PM
Get a Vampiric (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/vampiric/)weapon is the only thing that comes to mind offhand.

Heavenblade
2020-04-25, 12:25 PM
It's not a straight combat oriented ability like a regular blood drain would be, but twilight sage arcanaists can drain the life out of dying oponnents and regain arcane pool.

You couldnt use it on a grapple or anything, but still

(You could finally find use for those stabilize/bleed cantrips too!)

Psyren
2020-04-25, 03:39 PM
What problems do you have with Blood Drinker? You might have better luck asking your GM to buff it to do what you want, since it's rather weak.