PDA

View Full Version : Share your Tome of Battle characters in this thread

Elves
2020-04-24, 03:37 PM
Hey guys. I need stats for a few martial adept NPCs, so to save time, I'm wondering if people have character sheets they can share for Tome of Battle characters they've made.

Interesting builds would be better than straight warblade/crusader/swordsage. But whatever you have is welcome. It doesn't have to be pure initiator either.

Any level range is fine.

A specific need I have is for 2 Jade Phoenix mages.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: title change

nijineko
2020-04-24, 03:48 PM
And here I was hoping you meant blank character sheets tweaked for use with ToB:BoNS characters.

Elves
2020-04-24, 04:55 PM
And here I was hoping you meant blank character sheets tweaked for use with ToB:BoNS characters.

I would just have a maneuvers known column and then to the right of it a maneuvers readied column where you can tick which ones are currently readied. Then a little box where you can write your recovery mechanic. And for chars with multiple initiator classes you would need an additional column to the left of the maneuvers known column marking via which class it was known. Simple enough. Maneuver cards for the actual maneuvers.

I'll change the thread title to be more explicit.

Quentinas
2020-04-24, 04:59 PM
I don't have a sheet as you say, never used tome of battle class online, i can give you a build , but I think is not what are you searching right? I would post here as a table in the case because it was a character that I played in the real life

Elves
2020-04-24, 07:31 PM
I don't have a sheet as you say, never used tome of battle class online, i can give you a build , but I think is not what are you searching right? I would post here as a table in the case because it was a character that I played in the real life

Doesn't have to be a fancy online sheet like Mythweavers but looking for full characters, not build stubs.

Quentinas
2020-04-25, 04:48 AM
Ok here is the build it stops at level 12 because it died at that level

Human duskblade 5/Warblade 1/Jade phoenix mage 6

Strength 16
Dexterity 10
Constitution 15
Intelligence 16
Wisdom 10
Charisma 8
At level four +1 to constitution , at the other level boost strenght

Level
Class
Base Attack Bonus
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Skills
Feats
Class Features

1st
Duskblade
Concentration 4, Knowledge arcana 4, Knowledge the planes 2, Knowledge history 2, Knowledge nature 4, Knowledge religion 4, Spellcraft 4
Versatile spellcaster/Iron will(see in notes), Power attack(bonus)
Arcane attunement, armored mage (light)

2nd
Duskblade
Concentration 5, Knowledge arcana 5, Knowledge the planes 2, Knowledge history 2, Knowledge nature 5, Knowledge religion 5, Spellcraft 4, Skill trick (collector of stories)
Combat casting (bonus)
Combat casting

3rd
Duskblade
Concentration 6, Knowledge arcana 6, Knowledge the planes 2, Knowledge history 2, Knowledge nature 6, Knowledge religion 6, Spellcraft 6
Knowledge devotion (knowledge the planes)
Arcane channeling

4th
Duskblade
Concentration 7, Knowledge arcana 7, Knowledge the planes 3, Knowledge history 2, Knowledge nature 7, Knowledge religion 7, Spellcraft 7

Armored mage (medium)

5th
Duskblade
Concentration 8, Knowledge arcana 8, Knowledge the planes 4, Knowledge history 2, Knowledge nature 8, Knowledge religion 8, Spellcraft 8

Quick cast 1/day

6th
Warblade
Concentration 9, Knowledge arcana 8, Knowledge the planes 9, Knowledge history 2, Knowledge nature 8, Knowledge religion 8, Spellcraft 9
Battlecaster offense /Lady's gambit (see note)
Battle clarity (Reflex saves), weapon aptitude

7th
Jade Phoenix mage
Concentration 10, Knowledge arcana 9, Knowledge the planes 10, Knowledge history 2, Knowledge nature 8, Knowledge religion 8, Spellcraft 10

Arcane wrath, rite of waking

8th
Jade Phoenix mage
Concentration 11, Knowledge arcana 9, Knowledge the planes 11, Knowledge history 2, Knowledge nature 8, [b]Knowledge religion 9, Spellcraft 11

Mystic phoenix stance

9th
Jade Phoenix mage
Concentration 12, Knowledge arcana 9, Knowledge the planes 12, Knowledge history 2, Knowledge nature 8, Knowledge religion 9, [b]Spellcraft 12 , SKill trick ( magical appraisal)
Practiced spellcaster/Versatile spellcaster (see note)

10th
Jade Phoenix mage
Concentration 13, [b]Knowledge arcana 10, Knowledge the planes 13, Knowledge history 2, Knowledge nature 8, Knowledge religion 10, Spellcraft 12

Empower strike

11th
Jade Phoenix mage
Concentration 14, Knowledge arcana 11, Knowledge the planes 14, Knowledge history 2, Knowledge nature 8, Knowledge religion 11, Spellcraft 12

Empower strike

12th
Jade Phoenix mage
Concentration 15, Knowledge arcana 12, Knowledge the planes 15, Knowledge history 2, Knowledge nature 8, Knowledge religion 12, Spellcraft 12
Arcane strike
Firebird stance, Jade Phoenix master

Skill like this are cross classed for this level
Notes on feats: If Lady's gambit (a feat from a dragon magazine ) can be taken the feats will be
1° Iron will, Power attack (bonus)
2° Combat casting (bonus)
3° Knowledge devotion (the planes)
6° Lady's gambit
9° Versatile spellcaster
12° Arcane strike
If it can't be taken

1° Versatile spellcaster, Power attack
3°Knowledge devotion (the planes)
6° Battlecaster offense
9°Practiced spellcaster
12° Arcane strike

[B]Character Level
Level 0 slot
Level 1 slot
Level 2 slot
Level 3 slot

1st
-
-

2nd
-
-

3rd
-
-

4th
-
-

5th
-

6th
-

7th
-

8th
-

9th
-

10th
-

11th

12th

Level 0 spell :Acid spalsh, Ray of frost, disrupt undead, Touch of fatigue
Level 1 spell: Shocking grasp , True strike, resist energy , Blade of Blood
Level 2 spell : Ghoul touch , See invisibility, Dimension hop, Scorching ray
Level 3 spell : Vampiric touch

Warblade stances and maneveurs
Stance:Stance of Clarity
Maneveurs:Action before thought , Emerald razor, Moment of perfect mind
Jade phoenix mage
Stance Holocaust cloak
Maneveurs:Burning brand, Foehammer, Divine surge

It was my first character created so it could be weak ,and it was created with some HR which i removed from his build, I hope that is enough interesting, the tactic was to use lady gambit to gain a good bonus then strike with power attack while i was helped by a good AC to avoid that the enemy could hit me

QuadraticGish
2020-04-26, 10:18 AM
Here's an old Warblade I played for a while in Pathfinder made while I was still very inexperienced. Wrong system I know, but it should work okay. I think you'll have to adjust his scores due to how my group handled them at the time and his skill points due to how PF handles them and the ones you get from Favored Class Bonus.Leon
Ability Scores: Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 16, Wis, 12, Cha 14
Race: Pathfinder Human

Level
Class
Base Attack Bonus
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Skills
Feats
Class Features
Maneuvers Known
Maneuvers Readied
Stances Known
New Maneuvers
New Stances

1st
Warblade
+1
+2
+0
+0
Acrobatics 1, Craft(Arms and Armor) 1, Knowledge (Arcana) 1, Linguistics 1, Martial Lore 1, Perception 1, Sense Motive 1, Swim 1, Spellcraft 1
Adaptive Style, Weapon Focus(Falcata)
Battle Clarity(Reflex Saves), Weapon Aptitude
Moment of Perfect Mind, Stone Bones, Steely Strike
Stance of Clarity

2nd
Warblade
+2
+3
+0
+0
Acrobatics 2, Craft(Arms and Armor) 2 Knowledge (Arcana) 2, Knowledge(Engineering) 1, Linguistics 1, Martial Lore 2, Perception 2, Sense Motive 2, Spellcraft 2, Survival 1, Swim 1,
-
Uncanny Dodge
Wolf Fang Strike
-

3rd
Warblade
+3
+3
+1
+1
Acrobatics 3, Climb 1, Craft(Arms and Armor) 2 Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Knowledge(Engineering) 1, Linguistics 1, Martial Lore 3, Perception 3, Perform(Sitar) 1, Sense Motive 2, Spellcraft 2, Survival 2, Swim 1,
Dragonfoe
Battle Ardor(Critical confirmation)
Mountain Hammer
-

Note: I have no idea how he got the proficiency for the falcata.

[/table][/noparse]

bean illus
2020-04-26, 12:28 PM
Doesn't have to be a fancy online sheet like Mythweavers but looking for full characters, not build stubs.
What do you mean by full characters? Do you want just something that actually works for 20 levels, or where you needing skill points and all?

I can spell it out if you need more, but i think you'll all mostly see what i mean. There IS an Archery Option in ToB.

The build needs 14 levels of Warblade. The main components are Tiger Claw for Blood in the Water, Dancing Mongoose, and Raging Mongoose.
Diamond Mind for Quicksilver Motion, Time stands Still, and Concentration to all saves.

The other 6 levels are archery stub. Something like:

Human PBS

R1 FE, PS
R 2 RS
WB 1 initiator 2 OPEN Feat
Stance blood in the water TC 1/1
Maneuver sudden leap TC 1
Moment of perfect mind DM 1
Open >12 Moment of Alacrity

WB 2 IL 3, Action before thought DM 2/0
F 1 OPEN FF
F 2 MS, IRS

X
XX
WB 3 Woodland Archer

Warblade 14

XX could be Barbarian 1 Whirling Frenzy, but it's once /day without feat investment. Let's use it.

But things get really good if Targeteer Fighter is thrown in. EWP elvencraft bowstaff for always threatening 5', and Arrow Swarm as the bonus feat.

Throw in a Belt of Battle for fun (and a haste item). Now we get three full attacks. That's 28 attacks per opening round, split is 56.

The stacking of Woodland Archer and Blood in the Water makes plenty of damage.

There's a Warblade 10 version losing time stands still, but gaining some spell/wand, and gaining 6 archery feats. It's fun.

I have those builds on file if you want to see a bit more detail.

Elves
2020-04-26, 12:42 PM
What do you mean by full characters?

Complete character sheets or statblocks

I have those builds on file if you want to see a bit more detail.

Sure, go ahead.

Check out Tempest Stormwind's Gun Fu if you haven't already, it's a fun TOB archer build.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-04-26, 01:09 PM
I've always found that figuring out which stances and maneuvers you want, then dipping and multiclassing to get them is the best way to go.

A single-classed initiator is, frankly, far more boring than mixing several together.

fallensavior
2020-04-26, 01:09 PM
X rogue/1 Swordsage

Weapon Finesse
Shadow Blade
TWF line
Staggering Strike
Etc

bean illus
2020-04-26, 01:26 PM
Complete character sheets or statblocks

Sure, go ahead.

Check out Tempest Stormwind's Gun Fu if you haven't already, it's a fun TOB archer build.

Ok, here ya go. This is the warblade 10 version there's some wiggle room, but i try to maintain power curve.

Human PBS
14 16 14 14 12 8

R1 FE Arcanist, PS
R 2 RS
WB 1 initiator 2 FS
Stance blood in the water TC 1/1
Maneuver sudden leap TC 1
Moment of perfect mind DM 1
Open - @18 = Moment of Alacrity

WB 2 IL 3, Uncanny Dodge, Action before thought DM 2/0
F 1 Arrow Swarm
F 2 MS, IRS

CC War = WF, X = Travel Devotion
WB 3 IL 5, Battle Ardor, open M @20 = raging mongoose
WB 4 IL 6, St black pearl of doubt DM 3/1, WSp

B 1 Boar - Diehard, WhFr
OCh Know = WA, XX = RWM
12 OCh 2, DH = IPS

DwS 1 Keen, range +10/lvl
DwS 2 Magic weapon, imp range crit
WB 5 * imp init, dancing mongoose TC 5/2,
Xtra Rage

WB 6 IL 11
WB 7 IL 12 Battle Cunning, fountain of blood TC 4/2,
WB 8 IL 13, = Moment of Alacrity DM 6/2, Xtra Rage

WB 9 IL 14, quick silver motion DM 7/3,
bonus blind fight
WB 10 St hearing the air DM 5,
= raging mongoose TC 8/3

Whoops, fixed that.

The easiest adaptation is the barbarian level, and/or the extra rage feats.

And i added the Warblade class feature to the notes. Int to crit confirm is easy to +6 at high level, helping guarantee rapid acceleration of the other crit synergies.

I'll add Battle Cunning to that Int synergy. Though a bit late at 17th, it does fill a gap in level abilities, and well. +6 insight damage to flat footed or flanked opponents for a 42-56 shots? Yes.
* You're an archer with +30 initiative; a lot of targets are flat footed or flanked.