PDA

View Full Version : Help finding a transformation power for Mutants and Masterminds

moonfly7
2020-04-24, 05:26 PM
One of my players recently saved up around 5 points in my M&M game and wants to get a power that lets him assume a different form with different abilities(his powers are that of a magic summoner and this fits his descriptors quite nicely) I thought there was a cheap way to do this similare to making a minion, but I can't find an ability like that I'm starting to worry that there isn't an option like that available. Is there an option like this or is my player out of luck?
Edit: sorry, I'm an idiot and found it, it's metamorph. Please just ignore this thread as i can't figure out how to delete it.

JNAProductions
2020-04-24, 06:48 PM
You cannot delete your own threads-mods can, though.

Generally they don't delete threads (something about the software messing up, I think) but if you really feel the need to close this, report your own post and ask a mod to close it/delete it.

Glad you found your answer! Happy gaming!

Grod_The_Giant
2020-04-25, 02:02 PM
Metamorph is indeed an answer. It's also a dangerously underpriced one-- 6pp for an entirely different character sheet is a bit much. I'd be more inclined to use Variable, with the descriptor limitimg you to known forms.

Lord Raziere
2020-04-25, 09:34 PM
Metamorph is indeed an answer. It's also a dangerously underpriced one-- 6pp for an entirely different character sheet is a bit much. I'd be more inclined to use Variable, with the descriptor limitimg you to known forms.

Yeah, but I can think of some games where it could be needed, I certainly can't figure out any other way to do an anime super form with the system. because having the normal form be more skilled and versatile while the super form is more combat-oriented and focused to being the most terrifying thing you've ever faced with metamorph is the best I can come up with. variable seems more like a "turn your arm into a tentacle for a moment" kind of thing, doesn't really work for a full transform for me.

Edit: or to just have a Bruce Banner/Hulk contrast.

The_Snark
2020-04-26, 04:32 AM
Yeah, but I can think of some games where it could be needed, I certainly can't figure out any other way to do an anime super form with the system. because having the normal form be more skilled and versatile while the super form is more combat-oriented and focused to being the most terrifying thing you've ever faced with metamorph is the best I can come up with. variable seems more like a "turn your arm into a tentacle for a moment" kind of thing, doesn't really work for a full transform for me.

Edit: or to just have a Bruce Banner/Hulk contrast.

That's exactly the kind of use that makes a lot of GMs ban Metamorph, actually. Being able to switch between hyper-specialized character sheets that cover one anothers' weaknesses is very, very powerful.