PDA

View Full Version : What are some interesting monsters that infuence the weather

Spriteless
2020-04-24, 10:01 PM
So, I'm planning for House Lyrander to make an alliance with Droaam, with the PCs as bodyguards, and also backup negotiators in case [cool weather monster] respects strength. Any cool monsters come to mind that aren't dragons or giants?

Something with stats would be nice. But if I have to I can just draw Scylla or Charbdis, and give them the stats of a bronze dragon or something.

Spore
2020-04-26, 02:47 AM
I am always fond of hags in every variation. You can use every stereotype considering witches imaginable (including them ruining crops with weather control), you can disguise them as humans, you can do political intrigue, mustache twirling straight villainy, even supernatural outsider trading (with them stealing souls to sell into the Blood War).

Bohandas
2020-04-26, 03:33 AM
Mooncalf, Spirit of the Land, and Tempest from Monster Manual 2

Marzanna from Frostburn

Yhe Anhydrut and Thunderbird from Sandstorm

JNAProductions
2020-04-26, 01:03 PM
What system is this for?

Riggdgames
2020-04-26, 02:08 PM
Not sure if you passed over this already, but a 3.5e Kraken can control weather.

Spriteless
2020-04-26, 09:30 PM
JNA it is for 5th edition. I have no problem taking a 3e or pathfinder stat block and converting it, might have to shift numbers around anyways since game balance and all. (I mean, I don't want it fair, but no one side should one-shot the other.) It's when I have to make up something wholecloth that I freeze up.

Spore and Bohandas and Riggdames, thank you for the suggestions. Weather witch hags or tentacle monsters or elementals or umm I seem to have sold my copies of frostburn and sandstorm some time ago. Marzanna would be a fitting name for a D&D hag if it's the same as the myth.

LurkytheDwarf
2020-04-27, 01:32 AM
There is always the Skybleeder from the 3.0 Fiend Folio. It's from the Far Realm and used as a mount by the Kaorti, so maybe it could represent something sent by a Daelkyr faction.