PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Ways To Make Hail

2020-04-26, 03:59 AM
Looking for ways to explicitly make it hail. Like, precipitate hail. Not looking for spells that summon up a temporary or well-defined "you create some hail and it does specifically this", more looking for effects that generate hail as a meteorological phenomenon with all that naturally entails. Bonus points if it specifies the weight/volume properly.

Heavenblade
2020-04-26, 04:08 AM
The easiest way, which is core, is using the control weather spell in summer, that specifically lets you create a hail storm in a general area. I guess that there are some tricks that will let you cheese your way into counting any season as summer for the purpose of creating a hail storm - a planar bubble spell might work, and with a somewhat cheesy reading, you could cause an entire hailstorm to occur in this specific summer area, thus accumulating all the hail inside the bubble - if you could find a plane in which its constantly considered to be summer, if there is even such a thing

Him
2020-04-26, 04:41 AM
Better than my option, I would have said miracle but control weather is easier accessed by standard Pc's and designed for said effect.

Or no, might have said no. In Dnd right?

If lower than 13th level without a druid, you would need to get your hands on something like a 48,000gp item Orb of Storms.

Twice the cost of a TR spell.

Unavenger
2020-04-26, 08:27 AM
Hailstorms are also possible via Fimbulwinter (Frostburn) and last for 168 times as long. Stormwalk (Stormwrack) can cause a sudden increase in sleet or hail, but how much isn't specified.

EDIT: Blizzard (Frostburn) specifies that "One foot of new snow falls each round", maybe helpful?

SangoProduction
2020-04-26, 10:23 AM
spheres of power's Weather sphere, increasing cold and percipitation.