PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A bunch of minor creation and polymorph questions

newguydude1
2020-04-26, 05:24 AM
1. can minor creation create a box of arrows, a box of beer mugs, a box of bronzewood shurikens, and other things like that upto its volume limit, or can it only create one arrow, one beer mug, or one shuriken per casting?

2. the volume limit of minor creation, is it the space the object will occupy or the amount of material created? so can i create a super thin stick that is a kilometer long, or no matter the thickness of the material i can only create it within a cube size limit of minor creation?

3. if you channel a spell or ability while shapechanged, and the shapechange runs out midcasting, is the spell or ability lost and fails? shapechange into a monster, cast a spell with 24 hour casting time, shapechange runs out, is the spell lost or can i keep channeling it as my regular form?

4. how about with a long su abilitiy instead? shapechange into a monster, activate monster su ability that takes 1 hour to channel, shapechange runs out, is the su ability fail or can i keep channeling it as my regular form?

5. if i polymorph into a phasm, use metamorphic transfer to use his alternate form ability to transform into something else, and polymorph duration ends, do i revert to my original form or does the alternate form ability override it?

magicalmagicman
2020-04-28, 09:04 PM
I have one too

6. How does Metamorphic Transfer interact with continuous Su abilities that require no activation?

Kayblis
2020-04-28, 11:09 PM
1. Minor Creation is limited to one object, so you can't make a set of objects in one casting. You can make an empty box, or an arrow, or a shuriken, but not a bunch of them.

2. The volume limit is the object's volume, not restricted by an actual 'spell box zone' or anything like that. The only range restriction is the 0ft Range field, so the object needs to be created starting from your space. You can create a super long, super thin object, but that'd fall under a complex item and would need a DM-adjudicated craft DC.

3. When casting a spell, you need to meet the prerequisites of casting a spell at all times. This means you need to be able to speak verbal components and gesture somatic components, as well as hold any material components. You also need to meet stat requisites and be of the appropriate type, if those are factors in the spell. As long as you can keep the spellcasting going uninterrupted at all times, it should complete the casting. "Changing shape" is not a listed effect that requires Concentration to keep casting, but any normal DM might require a check to not mess it up.

4. Similar to the above, but if the Su ability is a specific monster ability(which it probably is, you're shapechanging to get it), you lose the ability to channel the Su ability as soon as you revert back to your original form. You can't use a supernatural ability you don't possess.

5. When you turn into a Phasm with that feat, you gain his Supernatural ability while the polymorph is in effect. When the spell ends, you lose all Phasm abilities as usual, like the Ex abilities "Amorphous" and "Resilient", the stat changes, and in this case, the Su ability "Alternate Form". As you lose the gained abilities from your polymorphed form when the spell ends, you revert back to your original form.

And as a bonus
6. You gain them continuously while polymorphed. If it's a "continuous" ability, it activates automatically. If it's an "at will" ability, you need to activate it once after assuming the new form.

newguydude1
2020-04-28, 11:16 PM
1. Minor Creation is limited to one object, so you can't make a set of objects in one casting. You can make an empty box, or an arrow, or a shuriken, but not a bunch of them.

2. The volume limit is the object's volume, not restricted by an actual 'spell box zone' or anything like that. The only range restriction is the 0ft Range field, so the object needs to be created starting from your space. You can create a super long, super thin object, but that'd fall under a complex item and would need a DM-adjudicated craft DC.

3. When casting a spell, you need to meet the prerequisites of casting a spell at all times. This means you need to be able to speak verbal components and gesture somatic components, as well as hold any material components. You also need to meet stat requisites and be of the appropriate type, if those are factors in the spell. As long as you can keep the spellcasting going uninterrupted at all times, it should complete the casting. "Changing shape" is not a listed effect that requires Concentration to keep casting, but any normal DM might require a check to not mess it up.

4. Similar to the above, but if the Su ability is a specific monster ability(which it probably is, you're shapechanging to get it), you lose the ability to channel the Su ability as soon as you revert back to your original form. You can't use a supernatural ability you don't possess.

5. When you turn into a Phasm with that feat, you gain his Supernatural ability while the polymorph is in effect. When the spell ends, you lose all Phasm abilities as usual, like the Ex abilities "Amorphous" and "Resilient", the stat changes, and in this case, the Su ability "Alternate Form". As you lose the gained abilities from your polymorphed form when the spell ends, you revert back to your original form.

And as a bonus
6. You gain them continuously while polymorphed. If it's a "continuous" ability, it activates automatically. If it's an "at will" ability, you need to activate it once after assuming the new form.

thank you i luv you.