PDA

View Full Version : Psychic Warrior Infiltrator - Minor Metamorphosis level?

Segev
2020-04-26, 10:15 AM
Minor metamorphosis is listed as cryptic 1, egoist 1, psion/wilder 3.

It is also a path power for the psychic warrior infiltrator.

While I would guess that it is level 1 for them, based on the fact they can pick it up then (and use it more or less at will thanks to being able to expend psi focus for it), I am not sure it ever actually says what level it is for an infiltrator. Am I missing something that designates its level for the subclass?

Psyren
2020-04-26, 06:04 PM
Not that I can see. While it's unclear, your reasoning for it being 1st-level for them looks fine.

Segev
2020-04-26, 06:23 PM
Not that I can see. While it's unclear, your reasoning for it being 1st-level for them looks fine.

Yeah, given that it occupies roughly the same place as ectoplasmic creation on a Shaper, and Egoists and Cryptics get it as a 1st level power, it's probably fine there. Thanks for helping me verify there's nothing officially saying so.

While this isn't quite as good as a Discipline Power (manifested at will as long as you maintain psi focus), it's almost there (manifested for only the cost of expending psi focus), and lasts for a full minute at level 1. This could be a lot of fun as a way to be a general shapeshifter, since while the shifts are MOSTELY cosmetic, they're dramatic. And spending a move action every minute to refocus is a bit of a nuissance but not insurmountable. Re-up it before the minute's up, and arguably it stays intact. The same menu options won't stack, but will overlap.

If you're feeling cheeky, it technically would let you manifest it multiple times for multiple menu options simultaneously, though the duration gets limiting. (At least at first level. 2 minutes is probably enough for 2-4 of them stacked up if you're willing to be a bit ponderous in your explorations.)