PDA

View Full Version : RHoD Group A [IC]

BelGareth
2020-04-26, 05:43 PM
It was the beginning of summer, leaves were turning from their lush greens, into warmer dry colors, the heat was baking the mud, turning the tracks and ruts in the dirt to cracked rivets forcing caravans with wheels into them as they baked into the sun.

The road soaked in the sun, as the birds and bugs whirred and chirped about, your armor was heavy, and you were dripping with sweat, the town was just over the next hill, hopefully you could rest and get a cold drink of mead before going about your business, helping the town against a supposed greenskin incursion, if that was even true.

You all grouped up together to travel to Drellins ferry, figuring that you could help the people their from the rumors that reached all the way to Brindol. Whether or not it was an altruistic reason, or not, you are here with 4 others.

You are very close to the town of drellins ferry.

Novabomb
2020-04-26, 10:30 PM
Kel Vas
Met these good fellows on the road and decided to join them, safety in numbers and such.

I think we are almost there.

Hopefully it won't be hard to find Mr. Tenderfoot, and I will be able to get a nice soft bed.

NotASpiderSwarm
2020-04-26, 11:32 PM
I flew up high a while back, it should be close. At least as long as the maps are accurate, and when have mapmakers ever been wrong about landmarks?

Dionisia does not seem to care about the heat, and though she's clearly tired after hiking all day, she's at least trying to keep a smile on her face. At least she's decided not to provide musical accompaniment to the march today, but she has pulled out her lute a couple times, considering it. Today, while her armor is black with pink accents to match her pink striped wings and cropped black hair, she's wearing a green outfit of some fine, light material, cut for comfort and movement.

Auranghzeb
2020-04-27, 05:06 AM
Bichat

Bichat was grateful Dionisa decided not to play today. He was exhausted from the day before: A bad pact with Paimon and a sing-along bard was almost a nightmare.

As the road became more difficult and hard he had dismounted Yaro and gave the poor beast a rest. Walking was fine too.

This group of fellows had a nice vibe going for them.

The spring is opening up the roads. If the rumors of problems with the green-skins are true,
this is a perfect time. Beasts come out of hibernation with hunger and despair.

Today he had decided to suppress the demonic smile of his patron. And he tilted his hat back to enjoy some of that road-baking sun.

Phantom Genius
2020-04-27, 05:41 AM
I flew up high a while back, it should be close. At least as long as the maps are accurate, and when have mapmakers ever been wrong about landmarks?

Dionisia does not seem to care about the heat, and though she's clearly tired after hiking all day, she's at least trying to keep a smile on her face. At least she's decided not to provide musical accompaniment to the march today, but she has pulled out her lute a couple times, considering it. Today, while her armor is black with pink accents to match her pink striped wings and cropped black hair, she's wearing a green outfit of some fine, light material, cut for comfort and movement.

Azalayna, staying near the treeline where possible, mumbles something about, Must be nice to be able to fly. Then, more loudly, Must be nice to have clothes that fit too. Why can't they make armor that fits an athletic woman?

And finally, even louder, And why is it already so hot?

She looks mostly human, but perhaps a little off. She makes no mention of her parentage or how many goblins she killed to get sent here.

NotASpiderSwarm
2020-04-27, 07:37 AM
Its not that hard. Find a tailor lost in the woods, save her life, and suddenly you get all the perfectly-fitted clothes you can carry. Dionisia sighs, looking off to the left. I wonder how she’s doing. Her kids should be getting apprenticeships by now.
Hearing their complaints about the heat again, she takes off, letting the downdraft from her wings provide a bit of a breeze for them while gaining height. She would like to see what’s past the hill, but it’s also that flying is fun.

Auranghzeb
2020-04-27, 07:44 AM
Bichat

He overhears the conversation. He issues a mental command to his shiftweave and his long comfortable kimono becomes an adventurer's set of clothes.

He winks to the tiefling and says.

Also, there's magic

Phantom Genius
2020-04-28, 05:20 AM
[COLOR=Magenta] she takes off, letting the downdraft from her wings provide a bit of a breeze for them while gaining height.

It's hard to sulk with such good friends...

Postmodernist
2020-04-29, 01:24 PM
Ricard smiled as the troupe trekked along the road, enjoying the banter despite the heat. They were a strange lot of players, but then which traveling band isn't? Two were accomplished performers, and the other two seemed genuinely capable of transforming into other beings entirely. He admired the dedication each had to their craft.

Still, the pleasures of travel shouldn't make one complacent. It was still a dangerous place, and the soporific effects of the heat could dull the senses.

"Azalayna is right. Roads reopening mean travelers, and travelers mean bandits, or worse. Keep sharp, we'll have a soft place to rest our heads soon enough."

NotASpiderSwarm
2020-05-02, 11:15 PM
Dionisia picks up more altitude, scanning the horizon for their destination but also enjoying not being on her feet. Even climbing like this isn't too hard for her, and dancing in the sunlight like this is really the point of summer.

Spot: [roll0]

BelGareth
2020-05-10, 06:34 PM
As you walk through the hot sun on the dry mud, you make a turn, and suddenly arrows fill the air!

You have walked into a trap!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Those who can beat a spot DC 16 will not be flat footed.(feel free to update your status on the map)
Also note, please actually move your character on the map, you should have privileges to do so.

Attacks are potentially against your FF ac.
Vs Bichat
[roll5]
[roll6]

Vs Kel
[roll7]
[roll8]

Vs Ricard
[roll9]
[roll10]

Vs Dionisia
[roll11]
[roll12]

2 Attacks Vs Azalayna
[roll13]
[roll14]

[roll15]
[roll16]

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VhRrtxr8nsBonavDc4x2BCTeupr7DqnCoPtdqC1rges/edit?usp=sharing)

The road has a 5ft dirt berm on each side, DC 20 jump or DC 15 climb.
Beyond the road is difficult terrain (2 squares / 5ft) from undergrowth and vegetation

~

ROUND 1

Order of Initiative

Dionisia
Enemies
Ricard
Kel
Bichat
Azalayna

Dionisia is up and then the Enemies!

NotASpiderSwarm
2020-05-10, 07:39 PM
I'm going to cast Bladeweave as a swift action, activate Snowflake Wardance as a free action, move 20' down(nearly to ground level, but leaving poor H6 lower than me), and fly 40' to hover behind them.

Atk (7+1(higher ground)+6(Cha)
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

If I hit, he has to make a DC 18 will save vs Daze.
Whether I hit or not, he has -4 AB vs anyone other than me due to my Iron Guard's Glare stance.

Bladeweave rounds remaining: 5
Snowflake Wardance rounds remaining: 8

New maneuver granted
[roll2]

Dionisia spirals out of the sky, hitting one of the back ambushers in a blur of pink.
REALLY?! It was nice out today! Can't I just enjoy the weather?!

BelGareth
2020-05-12, 10:42 AM
Dionisia flies off towards one of the unseen enemies in the brush to be confronted by a longbow wielding Hobgoblin, who is also surprised to see her!

She stabs him, dazing the poor soldier as he hovers above him.

"Get the flying one!" comes a gruff bellowing voice from the south, as a Hobgoblin with two shortswords comes rushing out, jumping down and scrambling up next to Kel, at the same time, two demonic looking dogs do likewise, both breathing fire!

More arrows come flying from the escarpments, all focused on Dionisia.

The charging hobgoblin smashes his blades together, staring at Kel "YOU!, You dare fight ME?" he screams as he slashes!

Out of nowhere, a fiendish humongous centipede materializes, and strikes at Bichat!

https://media-waterdeep.cursecdn.com/attachments/thumbnails/4/4/300/353/636252781431932597.jpg

https://www.dndtomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/dog_monster__hellhound_by_conceptopolis-d5rs60y.jpg

5 ranged attacks vs Dionisia
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

Breath attacks vs Kel
[roll10] Ref DC 13 for half
[roll11]

[roll12] Ref DC 13 for half
[roll13]

Charge attack vs Kel
[roll14]
[roll15] (magic/slashing/piercing)

Huge Centipede Attack vs Bichat
[roll16]
[roll17] & [roll18] vs DC fort 14

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VhRrtxr8nsBonavDc4x2BCTeupr7DqnCoPtdqC1rges/edit?usp=sharing)

Beyond the road is difficult terrain (2 squares / 5ft) from undergrowth and vegetation

~

ROUND 1

Order of Initiative

Dionisia
Enemies
Ricard
Kel
Bichat
Azalayna

Everyone, including Dionisia is up.

Postmodernist
2020-05-12, 01:03 PM
An arrow whistles through the air, striking Ricard in the shoulder. Normally, his reactions to these assaults were preternaturally fast, but either the sniper had tremendous aim, or the midday heat had lulled him into complacency.

"Dionysia, my dear, you're making yourself a rather attractive target. Let's show these boors how they should treat a lady."

Drawing his blade, he strode toward the nearest hobgoblin, adopting a highly aggressive posture and swinging down hard in an overhand chop.

5' step to attack h4 from square S17, drawing bastard sword as a part of the movement. Swift action enter Punishing Stance, attack with Mountain Hammer (+2d6 dmg). Spend one inspiration point on the attack for +4. I have +1d6 dmg and-2 AC due to the stance until I shift it.

[roll0] attack
[roll1] standard weapon dmg
[roll2] Punishing Stance and Mountain Hammer damage

Novabomb
2020-05-12, 06:29 PM
Kel Vas retreats from the hounds. He readies his bow against the sudden threats and summons a flash of sparkles.
What is this?

Spot: [roll0] (On a 16, the saves get +1)
Ref Sav1: [roll1]
Ref Sav2: [roll2]

5ft T29
Move action ready bow

Glitterdust centered on top right U31 DC16 (H6,H1,UI,H2 affected)

Next attack that would hit, will try to counter with wall of blades, (I will roll that next round if needed)

Auranghzeb
2020-05-13, 03:01 AM
Bichat

Bichat avoids the centipede's attack and decides the summoned creature is not his main concern, he breathes fire at the creature and the hob goblin behind on the ledge, the fire effect is mild, but it is entangling!

Standard:Entangling breath DC 15 for half damage. If damaged, they are entangled. I think it should affect the centipede and the hobgoblin, but maybe it can't go up the slope. Damage: [roll0]
MOVE If the entangling succeeds, he will move to V 31 to flank the hound while drawing his sword. Tumble check [roll1]

Phantom Genius
2020-05-13, 05:06 AM
My favored enemy? Ricard is providing flanking? The hobgob has a bow out? She almost smiles at the thought.

Azalayna hurries into flanking position and tries to stab the bowman, smoothly drawing a rapier as she goes.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Smoothly drawing and gracelessly stabbing the dirt instead of the bowman's achilles. <sigh> I should have stayed in bed...

NotASpiderSwarm
2020-05-13, 07:20 AM
Thank you, Ricard. Here, this should get you moving.

Dionisia looks over the probably-blinded, dazed, bow-wielding hobgoblin she threatens and seems to decide he's not worth her time. She reaches down to the drum by her hip and begins to play.

Activate Inspire Courage on my masterwork drum. Swift-action cast Inspirational Boost.

Granted Maneuver: [roll0]

Bladeweave rounds remaining: 4
Snowflake Wardance rounds remaining: 7

The entire party is now getting +3 to-hit, +4 damage.

BelGareth
2020-05-24, 07:53 PM
Ricard jumps the berm, and promptly slices the hobgoblin who was hiding the in the brush almost in half, it's look of surprise slowly spreading as it's body falls to the ground, viscera spilling out, and plopping on the ground.

Kel steps aside and attempts to cast a spell on the hobgoblin and hellish hounds in front of him. He manages to deflect the fangs from the hound and casts his spell, managing to blind the two hounds, but hitting Bichat as well!!

This provokes an Attack of opportunity from H2
Wall of Blades [26] to counter [roll0]
[roll1] & [roll2]
If hits, [roll3] DC 12+damage SPELL FAILED

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Bichat breaths flames on the enormous Centipede, entangling it with his breath! Moving to flank the hellish hound.

Azalayna moves into position, and in his hurry, fails to find her mark. Meanwhile, Dionisia starts up a beat on her drums, filling the team with inspiration.

The Centipede 5ft steps down and attacks Kel.
FC
[roll8]
[roll9] & Fort DC 14 [roll10]

Kel finds herself the target of a spell, trying to freeze her body from moving! Will save to resist being paralyzed.

Several ranged attacks are focused on Kel as well:
(Potentially vs your ff AC)
h3
[roll11]
[roll12]

h2
[roll13]
[roll14]

h5
[roll15]
[roll16]

The fourth archer tries to hit Ricard
h1
[roll17]
[roll18]

The hounds and dual wielding Hobgoblin maneuver around Bichat and attack:
UI
[roll19]
[roll20] (magical/slashing/piercing)

[roll21]
[roll22] (magical/slashing/piercing)

H1
[roll23]
[roll24] & [roll25]

H2
[roll26]
[roll27] & [roll28]

~

ROUND 2

Group can act

Novabomb
2020-05-25, 12:57 AM
Kel Vas Desparately holds back the teeth of centipede, as an arrow slashes his arm. Then suddenly his motions lock up.

NotASpiderSwarm
2020-05-25, 07:59 PM
Dionisia taps the flower around her neck, which glows, then lets her drum hang from it's strap again. She ignores the archer, none of them have accomplished much except peppering her, and rushes to attack everyone menacing Bichat.

Somebody please keep that thing from eating Kel! She looks at the pile of fangs and fire she's rushing towards and mutters And if you have a minute, pull my bacon out of the fire, too.

Before my round starts, activate Badge of Valor as an immediate action. After my turn starts, as a free action, stop playing. Inspire Courage will remain for 10 rounds.

Use the Battle Leader's Charge maneuver, which does not provoke AoOs. Charging the dual-wielder. Still make sure I end the charge elevated slightly above everyone else that is in the road. As before, path I followed is the trail of ...

Attack=5+1(magic)+1(str)+6(cha)+1(higher ground)+4(Inspire Courage)+2(charge)
Damage=1d8+1(magic)+1(Str)+3(Crystal Echoblade)+5(Inspire Courage)+10(Battle Leader's Charge)

[roll0]
[roll1]

If it hits, save vs Daze for 1 round, DC 18.

All enemies I threaten, which is both Hounds and the dual-wielder, are at -4 to attack anyone else.

Maneuver granted: Automatically Revitalizing Strike.

Bladeweave rounds remaining: 3
Snowflake Wardance rounds remaining: 6
Inspire Courage rounds remaining: 10

The entire party is now getting +4 to-hit, +5 damage.

NotASpiderSwarm
2020-05-25, 08:01 PM
Roll for x2 crit confirm:
[roll0]

Phantom Genius
2020-05-26, 04:33 AM
Well this went south quickly.

Aza moves up to h5 and swings, invigorated by the music.
1d20+15
Damage if appropriate
1d6+9

Postmodernist
2020-05-26, 07:18 PM
As the slain hobgoblin falls, Ricard turns his attention to his comrades' cries for assistance. Taking his bastard sword in a reverse grip, he dashed towards the enormous insect, leaping the last few feat as he swings his blade forcefully in its direction.

Charge from S17 to U24 to avoid the AOO from h5.
Attack: [roll0] (9+2 charge + 4 IC)
Damage: [roll1] =[roll2] (1d10+ 6 str/2H attack, +5 IC. +1d6 Punishing Stance)