PDA

View Full Version : RHoD Group B [IC]

BelGareth
2020-04-26, 05:44 PM
It was the beginning of summer, leaves were turning from their lush greens, into warmer dry colors, the heat was baking the mud, turning the tracks and ruts in the dirt to cracked rivets forcing caravans with wheels into them as they baked into the sun.

The road soaked in the sun, as the birds and bugs whirred and chirped about, your armor was heavy, and you were dripping with sweat, the town was just over the next hill, hopefully you could rest and get a cold drink of mead before going about your business, helping the town against a supposed greenskin incursion, if that was even true.

You all grouped up together to travel to Drellins ferry, figuring that you could help the people their from the rumors that reached all the way to Brindol. Whether or not it was an altruistic reason, or not, you are here with 4 others.

You are very close to the town of drellins ferry.

Aegis013
2020-04-26, 08:43 PM
Arctus continues marching diligently towards Drellins ferry, facetiously speaking his mind aloud to nobody in particular.

"What an exciting journey coming all this way. On foot."
Its too bad I'm a little too heavy for most horses.

He continues heading towards the town, eager to get to rest his aching feet.

Goby
2020-04-26, 09:36 PM
Keldon always enjoys a journey, even one on a road he knows well, though it had been many months since he had traveled this portion of the Dawn Way. He had more recently been exploring in the Witchwood, hunting details about the rumors of coming war. Finding no answers, he journeyed to Brindol seeking information, where he met up with a group of like-minded companions who had decided to head west towards the mountains.

As the group neared Drellin's Ferry, he began to look around at the terrain. Maybe it was just the summer heat, or the passage of time since his last journey, but the road seemed different somehow.

I remember more traffic the last time I came this way. Maybe there's something to these rumors after all. We should be close to the town, and hopefully will find a rest there, and a lead on where to go next.

He addresses his new companions, always eager to share information about his travels, and hear about their journeys in return.

"So, who's been to Drellin's Ferry before? I myself have been here many times, though not recently."

cecil1994
2020-04-26, 11:30 PM
"So, who's been to Drellin's Ferry before? I myself have been here many times, though not recently."

"Oh, never. I'm obliged to spend my time hunting dragons-- praisebetheangelofthesevenheavens--and the Ferry is much too quiet for any of that." And that's what he likes about it. Bailey, having met his yearly quota and also having lost too many companions to dragonfire in the doing it, is in search of quieter adventures. As of now, he's blissfully unaware that he's stepping into an adventure path that includes the name Tiamat in its back-of-the-book summary. "Any places I should check out?"

Taelas
2020-04-27, 12:48 AM
Kieran walks along, his strung bow held ready. The middle-aged ranger has an odd gait, as if hobbled, though he often actually has to slow down to avoid getting too far ahead of the rest of the group.

He wears simple but sturdy clothes, well suited to travel, and no armor. Though he has journeyed with the group since Brindol, he hasn't talked much. He claims he came looking for others to help with the goblin incursion.

"Drellin's Ferry is my hometown," he offers, though he does not follow it up.
He's been sending his eagle out on patrols as they travel, though it is now flying just above the party. Evidently, given the close proximity to the town, he felt further scouting was unnecessary.

Aegis013
2020-04-27, 09:00 AM
"It'll be my first time visiting Drellins ferry. I must ask my well traveled companions, other than greenskins and perhaps an actual bed, what excitement does the town offer?"
The opportunity for work is good, but hopefully there's something to enjoy using the pay we'll be getting.

Arctus continued the conversation mostly to keep his mind off of his feet. He felt like they'd been walking forever.

Dread_Head
2020-04-27, 03:49 PM
Michael was starting to march forwards with a spring in his step despite the long journey. He was finally arriving home to see his family again. He'd been in Brindol for business when he heard the rumours of trouble in the Witchwood and had been eager to get home to make sure his home town was safe. I hope the rumours were just that, I swore I'd put this life behind me.

"I actually live in a farm a little outside town. It's good to be back." Michael says "If you're looking for somewhere to stay I would recommend The Old Bridge Inn, the beds are decent and the food is good. There's also The Green Apple which has a little more character, it's where us locals tend to drink."

Taelas
2020-04-27, 04:22 PM
When Michael mentions living near the town, Kieran looks at him in surprise. "Been a while since I stayed in town myself," he mutters, looking away again. "I imagine the Old Bridge Inn's still run by that halfling and his clan. Tharrma's a babblemouth, but her Green Apple's a good place. There's also the brewhouse, tho' I can't remember as to the name of the feller what owns it. Other'n that and the Ferry, not much else of interest in the town, by my reckoning. Few stores, I guess."

Dread_Head
2020-04-27, 04:41 PM
"I only settled down here maybe a decade ago, before that I spent most of my life on the road. Aye Kellin Shadowbanks still runs the Old Bridge and Tharrma's still a gossip, lovely lady though. Gausler is the man currently running the brewery." He looks a little put out to have his home summarily dismissed but let's it pass with a laugh. "Aye, after so long on the road I think that about sums up what's of interest to weary travellers."

BelGareth
2020-04-28, 11:40 AM
As you walk through the hot sun on the dry mud, you make a turn, and suddenly arrows fill the air!

You have walked into a trap!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Those who can beat a spot DC 16 will not be flat footed.(feel free to update your status on the map)

Attacks are potentially against your FF ac.
Vs Michael
[roll6]
[roll7]

Vs Kieran
[roll8]
[roll9]

Vs Arctus
[roll10]
[roll11]

Vs Bailey
[roll12]
[roll13]

Vs Keldon (two attacks)
[roll14]
[roll15]

[roll16]
[roll17]

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K4RUZs223536GSXYlniVNDaz-WeV4YE6FGGS3tlw2YA/edit?usp=sharing)

The road has a 5ft dirt berm on each side, DC 20 jump or DC 15 climb.
Beyond the road is difficult terrain (2 squares / 5ft) from undergrowth and vegetation

~

ROUND 1

Order of Initiative

Keldon
Monsters
Arctus
Bailey
Michael
Kieran

Keldon is up!

Goby
2020-04-28, 02:26 PM
Keldon looks up in alarm as two arrows fly past his head, having just been thinking the road was too quiet. He falls back closer to the party, and casts his favorite spell as best he can, though the group is spread too far for everyone to benefit.

“Archers in the trees! Get them!” He shouts.

HP: 46/46
AC: 19

Spot check: [roll0]
move action: 15 ft back to T27, next to Bailey, drawing axe along the way.
Standard action: Cast Haste, targeting himself and everyone except Michael

+1 to attack, dodge to AC and reflex, extra attack on full, and +30 ft movement for 6 rounds.

BelGareth
2020-04-28, 04:50 PM
Keldon manages to evade the brunt of the attack and moves back, casting a spell of haste upon himself and his companions.

"Target the caster!" comes a gruff bellowing voice from the south, as a Hobgoblin with two shortswords comes rushing out, jumping down and scrambling up next to Bailey, at the same time, two demonic looking dogs do likewise, one breaths a fiery breath upon Bailey and Keldon!

More arrows come flying from the escarpments, all focused on Keldon right before the hobgoblin manages to get to him!

The charging hobgoblin smashes his blades together, staring at Bailey "YOU!, You dare fight ME?" he screams as he slashes at the warforged.

https://media-waterdeep.cursecdn.com/attachments/thumbnails/4/4/300/353/636252781431932597.jpg

https://www.dndtomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/dog_monster__hellhound_by_conceptopolis-d5rs60y.jpg

6 arrows vs Keldon:
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

Breath attack vs Keldon
[roll12] DC 13 Ref save for half
[roll13]

Charge attack vs Bailey
[roll14]
[roll15] (magic/slashing)

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K4RUZs223536GSXYlniVNDaz-WeV4YE6FGGS3tlw2YA/edit?usp=sharing)

Beyond the road is difficult terrain (2 squares / 5ft) from undergrowth and vegetation

~

ROUND 1

Order of Initiative

Keldon
Monsters
Arctus
Bailey
Michael
Kieran

Everyone else is up.

cecil1994
2020-04-28, 05:09 PM
Bailey, apparently, is out of practice. Five years of adventuring, and all of it's been spent with one rule-- don't let things get the drop on you. Magical senses and magical sneakiness, all gone to waste if the other guy notices him first. Now there's a hobgoblin bearing down on him and, frankly, if it wasn't for the other source of magical speed flowing through him (thank you, Keldon), he might have gotten hit.

As is, Bailey slaps the blade out of harm's way (curious onlookers, the hobgoblin included, might notice the faint flickering of cobalt running along an arm that surely couldn't have stopped that sword swing unassisted), and he vanishes. If the hobgoblin, searching for his lost prey, happens to glance skyward... well, he still won't see anything. If he could-- if his eyes were sharpened with See Invisibilty or some such thing-- he'd see the dragonborn with wings extended and scales glimmering, near radioactive, and each and every pound of his armored body hurling downwards, ready to crush his attacker into paste.

Actual attacks in the OOC!

That's not an @ at BelGareth, by the way-- I completely forgot that I have nerveskitter.

Immediate action-- Abrupt Jaunt (first of four uses). Bailey teleports 10ft into the air. That-- the initial 5ft distance plus these 10-- should be enough to interrupt the hobgoblin's attack.

On his turn, he switches his essentia around-- 3 points into the Girallon Arms, 1 left in the Dragon Mantle-- and charges. Five attacks with the Girallon Arms (thank you, haste!) and one bite to finish it off.

With the +2 from charging and +1 from haste, and the +3 damage from the Leading the Charge stance (maneuver level on charge damage rolls for me and allies)
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

And the bite:

[roll10]
[roll11]

Taelas
2020-04-28, 05:32 PM
Kieran curses out loud as he barely dodges an arrow.

"Talon, attack!" he shouts, and the eagle comes flying down from the sky to scratch at one of the hobgoblins up on the berm with her namesake. At the same time, the seasoned ranger pulls an arrow from his quiver, and aiming at the most eligible target, fires three arrows in rapid succession at the hobgoblin that had just attacked Bailey.

Talon moves to Q21 and attacks h5 twice with her talons:
1st talon: [roll0]; damage: [roll1]; if crit: [roll2]; crit damage: [roll3]
2nd talon: [roll4]; damage: [roll5]; if crit: [roll6]; crit damage: [roll7]

Talon AC: 20
Talon HP: 32

Kieran, who is benefitting from haste, fires three attacks at UI on U28:
1st attack: [roll8]; damage: [roll9]; if crit: [roll10]; damage: [roll11]
Haste attack: [roll12]; damage: [roll13]; if crit: [roll14]; damage: [roll15]
2nd attack: [roll16]; damage: [roll17]; if crit: [roll18]; damage: [roll19]

EDIT: Forgot to add his favored enemy bonus, so all these increase by +4.

Dread_Head
2020-04-28, 06:31 PM
Seeing the foes packed in tightly round his travelling companions on the road, Michael looks up to the archers on the banks. He gathers a ball of fire in his hand and unleashes it over the side of the bank in an explosion of flames. Then he follows it up by climbing up the bank to try and get a better view of who the attackers are.

Cast fireball on the bank to the right. I think he should be able to hit both h1 and h2 with it and not get any party members. [roll0] Reflex DC 18 half.

Then he moved to the edge of the path and attempts to clamber up to W18. Climb (if needed) [roll1]

Hp 45/54

Aegis013
2020-04-28, 09:30 PM
Arctus moves to intervene against the encroaching foes.

"Not on my watch!" he exclaims, sending a dark tether out to the hobgoblin. His oppressive presence on the battlefield is obvious even to the dogs.

HP: 47
AC: 20 19

Move to V27 (20ft movement)
Swift action - Iron Guard's Glare affecting Ui, H1, H2, and coincidentally, h3 - they receive a -4 to hit unless they attack me and are aware (I threaten a 20 15ft area)
Standard Action - Shield Self on the Hobgoblin, Will save DC 16 or half of all damage dealt to me is redirected to the Hobgoblin

Maneuvers granted this turn [roll0], [roll1]
Maneuver to be granted for my next action [roll2]

Goby
2020-04-28, 10:58 PM
Rd 2

Keldon cringes as 6 more arrows fly around him, thankful that they all miss. He tries to duck the fiery breath, then tumbles past the hound, making a single attack with his axe before springing further away.

HP: 46/46
AC: 20 -> 21 after move

Haste rd 2/6

Reflex save against fire breath: [roll0]

move action: tumble half speed to S29 (20 ft), next to dog H1, drawing sword along the way and triggering skirmish. Tumble is auto-make against DC15.
Standard action: Single attack on dog H1: attack=[roll1]; damage=[roll2]
move continued: Use spring attack to keep moving to corner S32 (15 ft)

Swift action: Activate Travel Devotion for 10 rounds

BelGareth
2020-05-10, 06:23 PM
Bailey disappears, avoiding the swordbearers attacks altogether, and then unleashes a double attack, slashing viciously against critical areas of his body, he houls in pain, but is still standing!

Talon wheels down and moves toward one of the archers, scoring a hit against him, he scowl's as his blood begins to well. While Kieran sends a volley of arrows towards another, all quite accurate, but no sounds or thuds of hitting his target come forthwith.

Michael launches a fireball across and over the embankment, and with a rush of flame, an inferno of flame balls up and incinerates everything in the vicinity, the brush and tree start to crackle as they catch fire.

Arctus moves in, taking stock of the land, and inflicts his will upon the hobgoblin, a shimmer of force appears between the two, he looks confused, but ultimately, nothing happens.

Keldon bounds through the battlefield and strikes one of the hounds, before moving further.

Another volley of arrows comes out, although, a few arrows are missing, as the fire starts to grow!

The other hound breathes fire on Bailey and Arctus, while the other bounds over to Keldon, trying to take a bite out of him for revenge.

Finally, the hobgoblin facing Talon throws his bow down, takes a 5ft step, drawing his sword and attempts to cut the thing in half!

The blade bearing hobgoblin is barely standing, but launches a series of attacks against the only foe he can see and is next to, Arctus:
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

H2 Breath attack vs Arctus and Bailey
[roll4] DC 13 Ref save for half
[roll5]

H1 Bite attack vs Keldon
[roll6]
[roll7] & [roll8]

H4, H6, & H3 Arrow attacks vs Keldon
[roll9]
[roll10]

[roll11]
[roll12]

[roll13]
[roll14]

H5 vs Talon
[roll15]
[roll16]

~

Suddenly, a huge centipede appears behind Bailey and Arctus and lashes out at Arctus!

Smite good vs Arctus
[roll17]
[roll18] & Fort DC 14 [roll19]

You hear movement down the road, several feet running and yelling "Get em! They ripe for the taking!!"

ROUND 2

Order of Initiative

Keldon
Monsters
Arctus
Bailey
Michael
Kieran

Dread_Head
2020-05-11, 01:01 PM
Michael heads to the edge of the path and climbs the bank so he can get a better view of the attackers. From his new vantage point he hurls a ball of flame at one of the hobgoblins on the other side of the path. Holy crap, how could such a large raiding party have got so far into the valley. I hope this is just a raiding party and Drellin's Ferry isn't in trouble.

Moves from T18 directly to W18. If this requires a climb check [roll0]
Casts Lesser Orb of Fire (http://dnd.arkalseif.info/spells/spell-compendium--86/orb-fire-lesser--4614/index.html) aimed at h4
Ranged Touch Attack [roll1] for [roll2] fire damage

Michael (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2185365)
HP's: 45/54
AC: 21
FF: 19 T: 16
Effects: +1 vs sleep, paralysis and fire
Stance: Flame's Blessing [Fire resist 10]

Maneuvers available:
Burning Blade
Sudden Leap
Claw at the Moon
Mountain Hammer
Insightful Strike

Aegis013
2020-05-11, 02:52 PM
Reflex save DC 13 [roll0]

Divine inspiration flows through Arctus' being as he's suddenly attacked by the enormous many legged creature.
Where was that thing hiding?

Arctus attempts to pummel the fire breathing dog before stepping back.

Free Action: Enter Holy Fury (gain 3 holy fury points)
Swift Action: Furious Strike (Hellreaver ability costs 1 holy fury point, if the target of the attack is Evil, gain +2 to hit and +1d6 damage (included below))
Standard Action: Full Attack the H2 with the spiked gauntlet.
Movement: 5ft step from V27 to V26.

First attack:
[roll1] to hit
On a 33 [roll2] to confirm critical hit

On hit, it deals [roll3] piercing damage plus [roll4] (typo'd on this roll, it should've been plus 1d6, imo reduce the damage by 5 or 6)
On a critical it deals [roll5] additional damage

Second attack:
[roll6] to hit
On a 26 [roll7] to confirm

On hit, it deals [roll8] magic and slashing damage.
On a critical it deals [roll9] additional damage.

Maneuver to be granted next turn: [roll10]

Arctus took 4 total damage from the hobgoblin and the fire and has 43 HP remaining. 4 damage is channeled to the Hobgoblin by the Shield Self ability.

*************added per OOC request:
Arctus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2185032)
HP's: 43/47
AC: 19+1(haste)
FF: 18 T: 10+1(haste)

Effects: Holy Fury (Hellreaver): 2 points remaining, Steeley Resolve 5 during action goes to 0 at the end of action, Shield Self (Binder's Dahlver-Nar vestige) on Hobgoblin 50% of damage done to Arctus goes to Hobgoblin instead, Hasted (forgot to include bonuses and extra attack during my actions, but that's on me)

Stance: Iron Guard's Glare

Maneuvers available:
Crusader Strike
Vanguard Strike
Revitalizing Strike
(available next action: Foehammer)

Taelas
2020-05-12, 05:36 AM
Kieran twitches and turns to glance down the road. "We've got more incoming!" he calls, before turning back and firing a three quick arrows at the giant monstrous centipede. Meanwhile, Talon keeps harassing the hobgoblin she was attacking earlier.

Kieran's attacks:
1st attack: [roll0]; damage: [roll1]; if crit: [roll2]; crit damage: [roll3]
Haste: [roll4]; damage: [roll5]; if crit: [roll6]; crit damage: [roll7]
2nd attack: [roll8]; damage: [roll9]; if crit: [roll10]; crit damage: [roll11]

Talon's attacks:
Talon 1: [roll12]; damage: [roll13]; if crit: [roll14]; crit damage: [roll15]
Talon 2: [roll16]; damage: [roll17]; if crit: [roll18]; crit damage: [roll19]
Bite: [roll20]; damage: [roll21]; if crit: [roll22]; crit damage: [roll23]

Goby
2020-05-12, 09:30 PM
Keldon (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2185923) Rd 3

Keldon ducks another volley of arrows, but cannot avoid the vicious bite of the damned dog. Seeing it before him again, he decides to focus his attacks, hoping to dispatch the beast so he can do something about the archers before they start connecting. He swiftly tumbles sideways before attacking again.

If he hears the threat down the road, he will call out.

(1d20+9)[22]
“More coming from down that way. Might be the boss?”

HP: 38/46
AC & FF: 20 -> 21 after move, T: 16 -> 17 after move, increase due to skirmish

Effects:
Haste (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/haste.htm) rd 3/6 (+1 to attack, dodge to AC and reflex, extra attack on full, and +30 ft movement)
Travel devotion rd 2/10 (move speed as swift)

Actions:
Swift action: tumble half speed straight line from S32 to U32 (10 ft), triggering skirmish. Tumble: (1d20+15)[19]

Full round action: Full attack on dog H1.
Axe attack=(1d20+9)[21]; damage=(1d6+3)[5] + skirmish (2d6+2)[7] magic slash
Sword attack=(1d20+9)[11]; damage=(1d6+1)[2] + skirmish (2d6+2)[8] pierce
Haste Axe attack=(1d20+9)[27]; damage=(1d6+3)[4] + skirmish (2d6+2)[6] magic slash