PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Several WIP Goblin Subraces I'm working on.

StagnantFlux
2020-04-27, 03:03 AM
As mentioned in the title, these are all work in progress. Any thoughts on flavor or balance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

P.E.A.C.H.

https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/6oduvzaI9

D&D_Fan
2020-04-27, 07:45 AM
The aquatic goblin seems irrelevant, since there is already an aquatic goblinoid called a koalinth. I would have it if this s for a setting with goblins as the only goblinoids. Same with city goblins, since there are already hobgoblins and verdan.

sleepyhead
2020-04-29, 12:52 AM
Just labeling maybe issues

Mountain Goblin Traits
Tunnel Dweller. Dig speed is strange... pretty sure this could be a problem with being able to drill through walls in buildings and dungeons.

Urban Goblin Traits
Small Goblin, Big City Pretty neat, allows for use of larger weapons which isn't really a problem.
Friendly Faces. You gain Advantage on Charisma (Persuasion) and Charisma (Deception) Checks when dealing with Elves, Dwarves, or Humans. Even if for a lore reason this seems powerful and the restriction to certain races seems a bit odd. Maybe, Advantage a couple of times per day equal to your Cha Mod to anyone that's not hostile to you.

Ironskin Goblin Traits
Thick Skin. Very much OP having resistance to a physical 2 very common damage types. Maybe, having something closer to Goliaths Stones Endurance?

Aurelian Goblin Traits
Golden Goose Gold coins right? or just like chunks of gold?

Feytouched Goblin Traits
Bright Pink. Can you cover your skin to remove the disadvantage?

The Demonweb seem odd to balance out sense dealing with sunlight sensitivity isn't to hard with magic items. So without that one negative they are exceptionally powerful being able to melee and have a shield aswell as wall climbing.

These are really cool by the way.

StagnantFlux
2020-06-02, 04:05 PM
A lot of great feedback, much of which I hadn't thought about. I'll rework the balance and odd wording.

Im not certain about the bright pink. Maybe I'll add an aura of sparkles that can't be covered, to make it harder to mitigate.

I was intending gold nuggets, So I should probably change the phrasing to reflect that.

StagnantFlux
2020-06-02, 10:46 PM
I'm thinking I'll also add a qualifier that the goblin moves at full speed through loose dirt, half speed through packed dirt, and can't travel through solid stone, to prevent Dungeon wall shenanigans.