PDA

View Full Version : Scintillating skin

Noxangelo
2020-04-27, 07:06 AM
i'm looking to add a prismatic wall effect to a psychoactive skin on an NPC and want some ideas on how to do it, it doesn't have to be RAW but i'm not a fan of DM fiat.

edit:

random question. what happenes if you cast animate objects on the skin? do you just get a fist sized ball rolling around? can it take a human for? what if you are wearing it?

icefractal
2020-04-27, 04:51 PM
You could treat it as a custom magic item. They're slightly fiat, in that they need GM approval, but there are pricing guidelines.

However, those pricing guidelines give a cost of +216k for a continuous effect, which is expensive, but may be appropriate for what it gives. You could have it limited to 150 minutes/day and take the price down to +43k, or you could modify the price based on utility compared to other items, as the MIC suggests - although I'm not sure this one should be cheaper, it's a pretty potent effect.

Noxangelo
2020-04-27, 10:24 PM
tis an hard one. it should definitely be expensive just not sure if its worth the 216k price tag.

my inspiration was pandoryms crystalline prison from elder evils which is a solid permanent prismatic wall, was wondering if it could be may into armor when i heard about the psychoactive skins.