PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on Albino Mimic Greatsword dnd 3.5

Esse Val Engel
2020-04-27, 11:35 AM
So I'm making a sword for a character of my campaign and am having trouble deciding on the numbers for the exp gained by eating things of specific sizes. The idea for the weapon comes from seen ideas done by other Dms, but I wanted to add a growth mechanic to the weapon. Here is all the stuff on the sword.

Ancestral White Mimic Greatsword

A large greatsword that is also a mimic. Or, is it the other way around? Anyway, this is basically just a mimic that chooses to let you fight with it.

Chew the Flesh Upon a crit, the weapon latches onto the opponent with a bite attack. It proceeds to chew at the opponent doing 3d6+4 damage per round.

Adhesive When a creature picks the Mimic Sword up who it doesn't like so much, it sticks to that creature's hand, preventing it from using that hand to attack or do anything else. A creature thusly stuck can use its action to make a DC 16 Strength check to detach the sword.

Sentience The Mimic Sword is a sentient chaotic neutral weapon with an Intelligence of 7, a Wisdom of 13, and a Charisma of 8. It has hearing and darkvision out to a range of 60 ft.
The weapon can speak, read and understand Common and Undercommon, and can talk.

Personality The Mimic Sword is easygoing and friendly, but often gives backhanded compliments and makes stupid comments. "Hey, half-elf, you look less ugly than before!" "Hey! Who wants to go kill somethin'?"

The sword gains experience from combat encounters and the consummation of enemies.

Upon each “level up” the mimic gains a +1 enhancement bonus and does and additional bite attack, per round, when latched onto an enemy.

Gain’s ˝ the users exp on combat encounters only.

Size of creature eaten Exp gained
Fine .1
Diminutive 1
Tiny 10
Small 100(1 round to consume dead creature)
Medium 500(1 minute to consume)
Large 1000 (10 minutes)
Huge 5000(1 hour)
Gargantuan 15000(12 hours)
Colossal 30000 (3 days)

Level EXP needed # of chew attacks per-round
1 0 1
2 15,000 2
3 55,000 3
4 105,000 4
this is done based off of the BAB progression of the fighter class.

Bartmanhomer
2020-04-27, 07:54 PM
This sounds very homebrewy to me. I like it. :smile: