PDA

View Full Version : Okizruin's "All by myself"

jakarta
2020-04-28, 07:24 AM
Gm reserve.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2182655

jakarta
2020-04-28, 07:39 AM
We can post rules and character information above.

Are you ok with an "Escape from the Slave Pits" striped style adventure?

The "You come to with a splitting headache. You are strapped to a chair. Why are there saws on that table? Is that a battle going on the the hallway?" type situation.

Okizruin
2020-04-28, 08:48 AM
To be honest, I prefer something a little less dark. Another thing! I am going to have skill points in Truespeak (from Tome of Magic) for flavor purposes only, since that system was never playtested. I'm still working on my character sheet right now.

jakarta
2020-04-28, 09:10 AM
To be honest, I prefer something a little less dark. Another thing! I am going to have skill points in Truespeak (from Tome of Magic) for flavor purposes only, since that system was never playtested. I'm still working on my character sheet right now.

Ok.

You are in your room at the county wayside inn, counting your last coppers left from the gig that got you run out of the city. You will need to be finding work soon.

Honest or Dodgy?

Answer when your character is ready.

Okizruin
2020-04-28, 11:11 AM
Trelzin prefers honest jobs, especially since those tend to draw less attention from guards. Yes, he knows how to pick locks and fiddle with traps, but he saves those tricks for dungeon delving.

jakarta
2020-04-28, 11:12 AM
Ok. How do you go about finding honest work?

Okizruin
2020-04-28, 11:14 AM
Ok. How do you go about finding honest work?

Is there a job board or the like at the inn? (OOC: To be honest, I am not the most creative.)

jakarta
2020-04-28, 11:26 AM
(So, playing against type?)

On the wall outside the inn you find your trope, err.. job board.

Mrs. Gurdle desires Guard for Pies. Reward 1 slice of pie.

The Grazer's Association requires 1-3 individuals to guard a flock. Reward 20 gp per week.

Trapper wanted. Inquire at tower 2 miles NE.

Exterminator wanted. Inquire at mill.

Wanted, stable boy. At Livery.

Okizruin
2020-04-28, 11:30 AM
I head over to the mill, then. (OOC: I only picked factotum since they're pretty much the only class that's a proper jack-of-all-trades.)

jakarta
2020-04-28, 11:37 AM
QUOTE=Okizruin;24477134]I head over to the mill, then.

(OOC: I only picked factotum since they're it is pretty much the only class that's a proper jack-of-all-trades.)[/QUOTE]

You assume that the mill is located somewhere along the road marked by the sign stating "Mill Road'.

Down that road you walk.

[roll0]

The sky is clear; the weather warm and sunny.

jakarta
2020-04-28, 11:38 AM
(Oh, Dear!)

Listen check.

Okizruin
2020-04-28, 11:40 AM
(Oh, Dear!)

Listen check.

(OOC: It's been a while, so I don't remember how to roll dice here.)

jakarta
2020-04-28, 11:42 AM
[*roll]1d20+bonus[/roll]
remove the * and use a number for the bonus.

Okizruin
2020-04-28, 11:44 AM
(Oh, Dear!)

Listen check.

No skill points invested in Listen, so just a WIS check... [roll0]

jakarta
2020-04-28, 11:54 AM
One side of the road is wooded, the other is pasture.

The road bends towards the wooded side.

You hear talking growing near from around the bend.

Okizruin
2020-04-28, 11:55 AM
One side of the road is wooded, the other is pasture.

The road bends towards the wooded side.

You hear talking growing near from around the bend.

I draw my scimitar and approach the voice(s) with caution.

jakarta
2020-04-28, 12:00 PM
Well, you head towards the voice, so since the ogre is walking at a pretty good clip it is about 20 ft from you when it sees you and stops.

It is holding a pretty big club and has green skin. Cocking its head it asks, "Yew 'av PAR FEY?"

Okizruin
2020-04-28, 12:02 PM
Well, you head towards the voice, so since the ogre is walking at a pretty good clip it is about 20 ft from you when it sees you and stops.

It is holding a pretty big club and has green skin. Cocking its head it asks, "Yew 'av PAR FEY?"

I say, in Orcish: "What did you say?" (OOC: I have no idea what the ogre just said...)

jakarta
2020-04-28, 12:07 PM
The ogre raises an eyebrow. <<orcish>> Pardon me, would you have any parfait? <<note: that last word isn't in orcish,>>

Okizruin
2020-04-28, 12:10 PM
Before I respond, may I make a Knowledge(local) check to learn the location of an eatery that serves parfait?

jakarta
2020-04-28, 12:11 PM
Yes, you may.
In the future, go ahead and roll any check you think we might need. I'll decide to ignore it or not.

Okizruin
2020-04-28, 12:13 PM
Making a Knowledge (local) check: [roll0]

jakarta
2020-04-28, 12:16 PM
There is a Dairy Queen about 3 days walk east of here. In the middle of Sandersville.

Okizruin
2020-04-28, 12:19 PM
There is a Dairy Queen about 3 days walk east of here. In the middle of Sandersville.

<<Orcish>> "I don't have one, but there's an eatery in Sandersville, three days away, that should serve them."

jakarta
2020-04-28, 12:22 PM
<<Can you show me?>>

sense motive check

Okizruin
2020-04-28, 12:25 PM
<<Can you show me?>>

sense motive check

Another untrained check? Not good... [roll0]

jakarta
2020-04-28, 12:27 PM
From his tone of voice it is obvious that this is not a request. He just ordered you to take him there.

Okizruin
2020-04-28, 12:30 PM
From his tone of voice it is obvious that this is not a request. He just ordered you to take him there.

I reluctantly agree to lead him to Sandersville; luckily, my ring means that I can go without food or drink, but I still need to sleep, though...

jakarta
2020-04-28, 12:36 PM
Your path will take you back by the inn. How will you handle that?

This is a talkative ogre. Keeps going on and on about Tonky Donky and parfait.

Okizruin
2020-04-28, 12:37 PM
Your path will take you back by the inn. How will you handle that?

This is a talkative ogre. Keeps going on and on about Tonky Donky and parfait.

Passing by the inn is no problem; I'm not in debt or such. I remain silent, since I have no idea what "Tonky Donky" is.

jakarta
2020-04-28, 12:40 PM
Passing by the inn, the ogre says "Oh. Lunch" and steps toward a horse tied at the rail...

Okizruin
2020-04-28, 12:41 PM
Passing by the inn, the ogre says "Oh. Lunch" and steps toward a horse tied at the rail...

<<Orcish>> "That horse belongs to another. Don't."

jakarta
2020-04-28, 12:44 PM
SMACK!!!

The ogre clubs the horse over the head and catches it in mid fall. He rejoins your path as though this is the most normal thing in the world.

Okizruin
2020-04-28, 12:45 PM
SMACK!!!

The ogre clubs the horse over the head and catches it in mid fall. He rejoins your path as though this is the most normal thing in the world.

<<Orcish>> "How dare you. I said that horse belongs to someone else!"

jakarta
2020-04-28, 12:49 PM
He seems unconcerned with your opinion.

(1 am here. Going to bed for a while.)

Okizruin
2020-04-28, 01:09 PM
He seems unconcerned with your opinion.

(1 am here. Going to bed for a while.)

I reluctantly go into the inn to find out whose horse the orc/ogre hybrid stole... (OOC: Also, I did say that Truenaming is pretty much unplayable as written, correct?)

jakarta
2020-04-29, 05:36 AM
I reluctantly go into the inn to find out whose horse the orc/ogre hybrid stole... (OOC: Also, I did say that Truenaming is pretty much unplayable as written, correct?)

On enworld there are some articles by the author of the system with errata.

--
The ogre makes an irritated noise as you walk away, but this is replaced by chomping and chewing by the time you reach the door.

Entering the in you find several patrons 'hiding' in the back corner.

The dumpy hafling proprietress 'exclaims' in a huffy whisper, "Why did you bring that ogre here?"

A human man in worksman clothes yells, "Yah Ogre kilt mah HOSS!" , then everyone else shushes him with dirty looks the blows from napkins.

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 06:38 AM
On enworld there are some articles by the author of the system with errata.

--
The ogre makes an irritated noise as you walk away, but this is replaced by chomping and chewing by the time you reach the door.

Entering the in you find several patrons 'hiding' in the back corner.

The dumpy hafling proprietress 'exclaims' in a huffy whisper, "Why did you bring that ogre here?"

A human man in worksman clothes yells, "Yah Ogre kilt mah HOSS!" , then everyone else shushes him with dirty looks the blows from napkins.

I approach said human. <<common>> "I tried to stop the orc/ogre hybrid from eating your horse, but he wouldn't listen. I have a few gold coins to spare if you're fine with buying a new horse."

(OOC: I don't know where to look in enworld.)

jakarta
2020-04-29, 06:48 AM
I approach said human. <<common>> "I tried to stop the orc/ogre hybrid from eating your horse, but he wouldn't listen. I have a few gold coins to spare if you're fine with buying a new horse."

(OOC: I don't know where to look in enworld.)

(the forum is searchable)

He points at you, "ANDH Da Saddle! Toofidy!"

This might require diplomacy...

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 06:56 AM
(the forum is searchable)

He points at you, "ANDH Da Saddle! Toofidy!"

This might require diplomacy...

Do a horse and saddle really cost 250 gold? I try to remember with a Knowledge (local) check. [roll0]

jakarta
2020-04-29, 07:08 AM
Do a horse and saddle really cost 250 gold? I try to remember with a Knowledge (local) check. [roll0]

It's on the high end for a new saddle and a heavy farm horse.

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 07:10 AM
It's on the high end for a new saddle and a heavy farm horse.

"I don't have that much gold on me right now, but I promise to come back and work the difference off once I get this hybrid over to Sandersville, alright?" (OOC: First off, I suck at diplomacy, even though I prefer it, and second, I tried using a Google search with no luck.)

jakarta
2020-04-29, 07:13 AM
"I don't have that much gold on me right now, but I promise to come back and work the difference off once I get this hybrid over to Sandersville, alright?" (OOC: First off, I suck at diplomacy, even though I prefer it, and second, I tried using a Google search with no luck.)
(no. the site forum search. www.enworld.com or maybe org.)

Roll an untrained diplomacy check.

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 07:15 AM
Performing a flat d20 check since my CHA is 10: [roll0] (OOC: Also, a username would help a lot, to be honest.)

jakarta
2020-04-29, 07:29 AM
You'll have to mine that out yourself.

see if this loads for you and is of interest.

www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?mc_diary13

---

'Fidee down, and I'll work the rest uta yah!'

"I'm a lawyer." pipes up a well dressed half elf, who begins drawing up papers.

"I'm a notary." says the inn keeper.

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 07:32 AM
I fork over 50 gold. "Do you want me to work it off now, or are you willing to wait until I do my other errand first?"

jakarta
2020-04-29, 07:41 AM
They, and I, all raise an eyebrow. "How could you work it off now?" asks the inn keep as she finishes getting her seal from under the counter.

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 07:44 AM
They, and I, all raise an eyebrow. "How could you work it off now?" asks the inn keep as she finishes getting her seal from under the counter.

"I've got a few errands to do anyway; I got to take the hybrid to another city for his parfait first, then once that's done, I am going to check the job board again, since it'll be a few days." (OOC: I acknowledge the existence of things changing in real time, thus the extermination job may no longer be valid.)

jakarta
2020-04-29, 07:52 AM
"Parfait?", asks the innkeeper?

"Sign here." says the lawyer. "Here in you agree to return with in 32 days to begin performing 226 gold pieces, as reckoned by this Realms Department of Treasury, according the the value deemed for such coins for the previous fiscal year by the Commission of Currency and Labour,, or deem the equivilent in Coin or Gem,, assay fee may be required."

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 08:01 AM
"Parfait?", asks the innkeeper?

"Sign here." says the lawyer. "Here in you agree to return with in 32 days to begin performing 226 gold pieces, as reckoned by this Realms Department of Treasury, according the the value deemed for such coins for the previous fiscal year by the Commission of Currency and Labour,, or deem the equivilent in Coin or Gem,, assay fee may be required."

I explain the situation to the group, explaining that the hybrid wanted a parfait, but the only place I knew that can sell them is all the way in Sandersville.

jakarta
2020-04-29, 08:14 AM
I explain the situation to the group, explaining that the hybrid wanted a parfait, but the only place I knew that can sell them is all the way in Sandersville.

"Well, they won't want him in Sandersville, much less Tennill. Here..."
She gives you a 20 lbs bag of peanuts and a tub of cocoa powder.
"Try to make him one before you get there."

Do you sign the contract?

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 08:17 AM
I sign the contract, leave, and politely ask the hybrid, in Orcish, how to make a parfait, showing him the peanuts and cocoa powder they gave me.

jakarta
2020-04-29, 08:37 AM
By this point the ogre has eaten the front half of the horse.

He replies in common, or tries to anyway.
"TokyDoky tok abut Par Fay, bot TokyDoky newt say haw make Par Fay.

Ve go naw. Youse take Krehs to Par Fay."

He stands, tossing the back half of the horse over his non-club resting shoulder.

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 08:39 AM
By this point the ogre has eaten the front half of the horse.

He replies in common, or tries to anyway.
"TokyDoky tok abut Par Fay, bot TokyDoky newt say haw make Par Fay.

Ve go naw. Youse take Krehs to Par Fay."

He stands, tossing the back half of the horse over his non-club resting shoulder.

I try a Knowledge (local) check to recall who this "TokyDoky" is... [roll0]

jakarta
2020-04-29, 08:43 AM
Something is tickling your memory...
INT check to see if you can pull it together.

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 08:46 AM
Something is tickling your memory...
INT check to see if you can pull it together.

Got it! [roll0]

jakarta
2020-04-29, 09:03 AM
Wait....
Talking Donkey?

Could he mean Eddie "the trick is getting him to shut up" MacMurphy? The cursed comedic bard?

A very bad comic who got run out of pretty much every town, then said the wrong thing to a wizard or something...Turned him into a real jacka$$.

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 09:06 AM
Aw crud. I try to recall if I saw the orc/ogre hybrid's face on any wanted posters. (OOC: Do I need to make a check?)

jakarta
2020-04-29, 09:08 AM
If you ever feel the need to ask, just roll the check.

and, Yes.

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 09:09 AM
If you ever feel the need to ask, just roll the check.

and, Yes.

(OOC: As in, yes, the hybrid is on at least one wanted poster?)

jakarta
2020-04-29, 09:18 AM
As in you need to roll the check.

You and the ogre are walking out of the hamlet containing the inn. Everyone who sees the pair of you make themselves scarce quick.

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 09:19 AM
Making a Knowledge (local) check then! [roll0]

jakarta
2020-04-29, 09:24 AM
You're pretty sure you've seen his face on an "alive only" child support warrant.

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 09:25 AM
You're pretty sure you've seen his face on an "alive only" child support warrant.

I lead the hybrid over to the sheriff; maybe the bounty will be enough to pay for that horse. A shame I'll have to break that parfait promise, though.

jakarta
2020-04-29, 09:30 AM
The next town you would pass though is Adrian. You think there is a Constable there. You have time to think of how to handle it.

Random encounter checks
[roll]1d8[roll]
[roll]1d8[roll]
[roll]1d8[roll]

jakarta
2020-04-29, 09:32 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

let's try that again

jakarta
2020-04-29, 09:33 AM
As the sun starts to set, The ogre asks "Waw ve seep?"

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 09:36 AM
As the sun starts to set, The ogre asks "Waw ve seep?"

I try to find shelter, despite my lack of outdoorsman skills. [roll0] (OOC: Can't use inspiration due to being untrained.)

jakarta
2020-04-29, 09:45 AM
You find an abandoned cotton shed a ways off the road.

Will you start a fire?

(You didn't build this character correctly. 1, you over specialized to be a jack of all trades. 2, a wide skill distribution makes the Inspiration ability more useful. When you level you should have a good idea of what skills to buy based on what untrained checks you had to make.)

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 10:26 AM
You find an abandoned cotton shed a ways off the road.

Will you start a fire?

(You didn't build this character correctly. 1, you over specialized to be a jack of all trades. 2, a wide skill distribution makes the Inspiration ability more useful. When you level you should have a good idea of what skills to buy based on what untrained checks you had to make.)

(OOC: I have no idea how to build a factotum correctly, for one.) I will start a fire with what little resources I have.

jakarta
2020-04-29, 10:36 AM
(OOC: I have no idea how to build a factotum correctly, for one.) I will start a fire with what little resources I have.

Live and learn.

Starting a fire is easy enough.

The ogre eats the rest of the horse.

Any attempts at conversation?

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 11:08 AM
Live and learn.

Starting a fire is easy enough.

The ogre eats the rest of the horse.

<<orcish>> "What do you wanna talk about besides parfait?"

jakarta
2020-04-29, 11:10 AM
I'm going to sleep now and will pick up ogre conversations after breakfast.

jakarta
2020-04-29, 04:55 PM
"Youse dells me a story." suggests the ogre.

<<But don't make it about food. That is why my previous companion is no more.>>

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 05:11 PM
I try recalling some stories known to martial adepts. <Making a Martial Lore check.> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-04-29, 05:38 PM
Yes. You know a story.

So tell it.

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 06:00 PM
I tell him the tale of the rise of the Desert Wind martial style. (OOC: I apologize if this is unacceptable for you.)

jakarta
2020-04-29, 06:33 PM
oh...I wanted you to tell me the story.

Perform: oratory or storytelling. yes, I know the mod is the same, but specify which you use.

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 07:07 PM
I try my best, but expect to fumble after a few sentences... <Perform: Oratory> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-04-29, 07:11 PM
He listens intently to your story. He seems pleased.

<<It is time to sleep. Remember, I can see in the dark, run faster than you can, enjoy midnight snacks, and have spot as a class skill. (Good night Weasly. I'll probably eat you in the morning.)>>

Any night time shenanigans on your part?

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 07:15 PM
After my 2-hour nap (which counts as 8 hours of sleep thanks to the ring of sustenance), I make sure my Lightning Gauntlets are shaped, and my 1 point of essentia is invested in them, just so I am not off-guard if he's ready to attack me for his next meal.

jakarta
2020-04-29, 07:17 PM
Night time encounter check.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

jakarta
2020-04-29, 07:18 PM
What are your plans in the morning.

It would take you most of the day to get to Adrian.

(I'm going offline a while. )

Okizruin
2020-04-29, 07:22 PM
I attempt to, again, figure out if he plans to attack me anytime soon. <Sense Motive> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-04-30, 02:40 AM
This ogre thinks with his stomach and doesn't plan too far ahead. You'd better arrange breakfast or brunch.

So, what is your plan today? Main road or cross country? Avoid contacts or lead him to law enforcement?

Any other grand schemes? Petty ones?

Okizruin
2020-04-30, 07:52 AM
I cook a quick meal for the hybrid. I make a Knowledge (local) check to recall the best route to law enforcement. [roll0]

jakarta
2020-04-30, 12:06 PM
What's for breakfast? Do you have anything in your inventory, or is it going to be peanut-chocolate surprise?

You can be at the constable station in Adrian by late afternoon.

Okizruin
2020-04-30, 12:47 PM
I attempt to scavenge the local area for food. <Survival Check> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-04-30, 01:13 PM
You spend an hour finding berries, seeds, grubs, and an unfortunate wood chuck.

When you return the ogre is gone.

Do you stay and cook something up, or...?

Okizruin
2020-04-30, 01:29 PM
I go look for the hybrid. (OOC: I deemed him a hybrid because he has green skin and can speak Orcish.)

jakarta
2020-04-30, 01:31 PM
I figured that.

Survival check to track.

Are you taking your found food with you?

Okizruin
2020-04-30, 01:43 PM
I figured that.

Survival check to track.

Are you taking your found food with you?

I put it in my handy haversack and begin searching. <Survival Check> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-04-30, 02:32 PM
After a bit of trying to track him around a pasture, he finds you.

"Orn IN."

He is wearing a very fresh sheepskin on one leg as a legging and is munching on a leg of mutton.

Okizruin
2020-04-30, 02:39 PM
After a bit of trying to track him around a pasture, he finds you.

"Orn IN."

He is wearing a very fresh sheepskin on one leg as a legging and is munching on a leg of mutton.

I present him with what I managed to hunt/forage. <<orcish>> "For later."

jakarta
2020-04-30, 02:46 PM
He makes an appreciative grunt, puts the offered nash in his bag, and tosses a pair of boots at you.

"Itch vey?"

Okizruin
2020-04-30, 02:52 PM
He makes an appreciative grunt, puts the offered nash in his bag, and tosses a pair of boots at you.

"Itch vey?"

I put the boots in the haversack and resume taking him to the authorities...

jakarta
2020-04-30, 02:55 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Okizruin
2020-04-30, 03:11 PM

<<Orcish>> "So, what inspired you to try getting a parfait in the first place?" (OOC: Yeah, I got nothing else. Sorry.)

jakarta
2020-04-30, 03:17 PM
"TokyDoky tok ot bot par fay. Made sahnd reel gud. Aunt tie."

Okizruin
2020-04-30, 03:20 PM
"TokyDoky tok ot bot par fay. Made sahnd reel gud. Aunt tie."

I try to comprehend what he just said. <Intelligence check> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-04-30, 03:37 PM
I try to comprehend what he just said. <Intelligence check> [roll0]

"TalkyDonkey talk ot bot parfait. Made sahnd real good. Aunt tie."

Okizruin
2020-04-30, 03:41 PM
I attempt to figure out the best route to the authorities... <Knowledge: Local> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-04-30, 04:01 PM
You think you know the way.

As you near the hamlet of Adrian it begins to drizzle.

You realize that leading him to the constable will take you though the most populated part of the town

Okizruin
2020-04-30, 04:03 PM
I attempt to figure out a better way. <Knowledge: Local> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-04-30, 04:14 PM
Adrian is at the border of 3 counties.

You could lead him though town towards Tennile and on to Sandersville.

or

You could lead him into underpopulated Johnson County to the small town of Wrightsville. They have a Sheriff.

Or you could take an extra day and lead him into Dublin. That is a substantial small city with guards and several restaurants.

Okizruin
2020-04-30, 04:18 PM
I pick the second route, making sure to scavenge food for him on the way. <Survival> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-04-30, 04:25 PM
I'm going to sleep now.

jakarta
2020-04-30, 10:57 PM
[roll0]

The landscape is farms. Some active, some abandoned, some recently planted in pine.

You find wild herbs, but it is too early in the year for most fruit. Young, dumb, bunnies are a relatively easy catch though. He gobbles down what ever you bring.

jakarta
2020-04-30, 11:41 PM
After a while, you come to activity at a crossroads.

A man on a horse blocks the way, and a long line of wagons and walkers are slowly crossing the intersection.

Okizruin
2020-05-01, 06:35 AM
"Excuse me, but what is happening here?"

jakarta
2020-05-01, 06:40 AM
"Funeral procession."

Okizruin
2020-05-01, 07:04 AM
That's fair enough. I can wait that out, but I keep an eye on the hybrid to make sure he doesn't disrespect the dead.

jakarta
2020-05-01, 07:26 AM
That's fair enough. I can wait that out, but I keep an eye on the hybrid to make sure he doesn't disrespect the dead.

He looks impatient.

Okizruin
2020-05-01, 07:43 AM
(OOC: I can't think of anything, so I need some time.)

jakarta
2020-05-01, 08:05 AM
(OOC: I can't think of anything, so I need some time.)

ok. I'll give you a day before you have to save vs gm boredom.

Okizruin
2020-05-01, 08:18 AM
(OOC: There's also the fact I expected something like a dungeon crawl or such, thus the skills I picked.)

jakarta
2020-05-01, 08:42 AM
You were sort of on your way to a crawl when you started this extended random encounter with a parfait seeking ogre.

Okizruin
2020-05-01, 08:49 AM
I try to recall some orcish tales to distract the hybrid. <Knowledge: Local> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-05-01, 09:05 AM
I try to recall some orcish tales to distract the hybrid. <Knowledge: Local> [roll0]

Great!
Tells us a story.

Okizruin
2020-05-01, 09:17 AM
(OOC: This is basically the abridged version, if that's fine with you.)
<<Orcish>> "Let me tell you the tale of Yimkek, who underestimated his foes. Yimkek was an orc and a berserker, who sought to crush his enemies in the human lands. The chieftains told him not to rush in alone, for no amount of rage will overcome an enemy that outnumbers you a hundred to one. He did not listen, and he ended up falling to the humans, who faced him with spears, shields, and teamwork."

jakarta
2020-05-01, 09:40 AM
(OOC: This is basically the abridged version, if that's fine with you.)
<<Orcish>> "Let me tell you the tale of Yimkek, who underestimated his foes. Yimkek was an orc and a berserker, who sought to crush his enemies in the human lands. The chieftains told him not to rush in alone, for no amount of rage will overcome an enemy that outnumbers you a hundred to one. He did not listen, and he ended up falling to the humans, who faced him with spears, shields, and teamwork."

"Dell won da ork vins."

Okizruin
2020-05-01, 09:49 AM
(OOC: This is just to stall for time in-universe so the hybrid doesn't go on a rampage or such while the funeral procession goes on.)
<<Orcish>> "How about Ridmott then? Many years ago, Ridmott was born weak, and the clan was planning to leave him for dead. However, he still had the warrior's heart in him, and he fought in the trials with cunning instead of trying to overpower his siblings; he even bested his sister, said to be the strongest in the tribe, by stepping back when she swung her mighty axe downward. While she was trying to pull it out, he thrusted his spear right in her torso, but made sure to miss her heart; this was not a fight to the death. As a result of his cunning, he became the warboss of his clan, leading the Steelrain clan to victory over the dread necromancer Aldom."

jakarta
2020-05-01, 09:52 AM
Spot check.

"Dell bot da nekkeranser."

Okizruin
2020-05-01, 09:54 AM
(OOC: That was unexpected.) <WIS check due to being untrained in Spot> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-05-01, 10:01 AM
You notice the rider has been listening to your storytelling.

Are ya gone Dell em bot da nekkeranser?

Okizruin
2020-05-01, 10:05 AM
(OOC: Well, this is very unexpected. I don't want to resort to violence unless absolutely necessary, to be honest.) <<Orcish>> "Unfortunately, little is known about Aldom, except for the fact that he wrongly believed that he was born to remove all other life from the world and rule over death as an eternal tyrant. Of course, most people would not approve of this, for one reason or another."

jakarta
2020-05-01, 10:12 AM
<<Those who wish the destruction of life are unwise.>>
"Ah da gud tings da et are life."

As the ogre finishes his musing you hear hooves.

The procession has passed and the rider moves on after it.

Okizruin
2020-05-01, 10:14 AM
Alright, now that the procession has passed, I go on towards the road(s) to Johnson County.

jakarta
2020-05-01, 10:20 AM
[roll0]

As you cross the intersection...

jakarta
2020-05-01, 10:22 AM
.. the ogre tilts his head up and sniffs.

"Hummm?"

He turns and starts quickly striding the opposite way from the procession. You

You struggle to keep up.

Okizruin
2020-05-01, 10:24 AM
I try my best to follow him, wondering what got his attention now!

jakarta
2020-05-01, 10:38 AM
You pass freshly planted fields of {knowledge local or agriculture/farming}

The ogre steps off the road and into the yard of a white painted building baring the symbol of a sickle and flail (non military).

The sign out front proclaims SAND HILL SPRINGS PRIMITIVE BAPTIST CHURCH OF CERES

Okizruin
2020-05-01, 10:40 AM
{{Attempting a Knowledge: Local check to see what's being grown in that field!}} [roll0]

jakarta
2020-05-01, 10:47 AM
Rye.

The ogre is heading behind the church.

Spot check.

Okizruin
2020-05-01, 10:56 AM
(OOC: Well, I hope I can resolve this soon, so I can get to the delving.) <Untrained Spot check> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-05-01, 11:00 AM
There is a folded sheet of paper on the ground.

Okizruin
2020-05-01, 11:06 AM
I pick it up, unfold it, check both sides, and read it.

jakarta
2020-05-01, 11:17 AM
It is a funeral program for Mr. C F Rainer.

Let's see, The family request donations to support the Future Grain Farmers in lieu of flowers.
Gathering, Memorial Service Sermon, 2 hour procession to Sardis Cemetery, hour for the grave side service and interment, return to church, dinner.

Okizruin
2020-05-01, 11:21 AM
I try to find the hybrid again. <Untrained Survival Check> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-05-01, 11:26 AM
Behind the church is a large blue portable awning embroidered with 5 inch high letters saying TANNER'S FUNERAL HOME.

What to guess what is under this awning?

(I'm going off line for a bit.)

Okizruin
2020-05-01, 11:50 AM
Is the hybrid eating peoples' corpses?

jakarta
2020-05-01, 11:56 AM
Is the hybrid eating peoples' corpses?

Have you never been to a rural funeral?

Miss matched crockery dishes of vegetables, fried chicken, sliced ham, and casseroles.

Cakes and pies.

and in this case an ogre stuffing himself with potatoes al gratin.

Okizruin
2020-05-01, 12:17 PM
Have you never been to a rural funeral?

Miss matched crockery dishes of vegetables, fried chicken, sliced ham, and casseroles.

Cakes and pies.

and in this case an ogre stuffing himself with potatoes al gratin.
<<orcish>> "You're eating food meant for someone else. I challenge you to honorable combat." (OOC: I'm only do this since there may be no other option.)

jakarta
2020-05-02, 06:07 AM
<<orcish>> "You're eating food meant for someone else. I challenge you to honorable combat." (OOC: I'm only do this since there may be no other option.)

A chuckling "No" is the reply as he chucks a summer squash casserole at you.

[roll0], crit ?[roll1] ; dam [roll2] (b)

He then turns his back to you while gobbling a sweet potato souffle while eyeing the candied yams.

Okizruin
2020-05-02, 07:07 AM
A chuckling "No" is the reply as he chucks a summer squash casserole at you.

[roll0], crit ?[roll1] ; dam [roll2] (b)

He then turns his back to you while gobbling a sweet potato souffle while eyeing the candied yams.

Is the attack flat-footed and/or touch?

jakarta
2020-05-02, 07:25 AM
Is the attack flat-footed and/or touch?

Well, since you asked...

The dish is vs flatfooted and is a blunt weapon.

The casserole itself is a bit soupy and is also vs touch, and counts a non-damaging splash weapon, so even a miss will cover at least your legs; a full hit covers your body in warm slimy cooked squash and onions.

(Man, I'm making myself homesick.)

jakarta
2020-05-02, 07:42 AM
(either Google is spying on us or YouTube is reading my mind.)

https://youtu.be/3KtIBPwaRkk

Okizruin
2020-05-02, 08:59 AM
(OOC: It's only a miss due to my +1 mithral chainshirt making my flat-footed AC 15.) ACK! Right in the chest; thankfully, my mithral chainshirt is nonstick, but I'll need to wash my trousers later. I advance on him and try to grapple him. (OOC: Normally, that'd provoke an Attack of Opportunity, but the ogre's unarmed and therefore can't make any.)

jakarta
2020-05-02, 09:27 AM
(OOC: It's only a miss due to my +1 mithral chainshirt making my flat-footed AC 15.) ACK! Right in the chest; thankfully, my mithral chainshirt is nonstick, but I'll need to wash my trousers later. I advance on him and try to grapple him. (OOC: Normally, that'd provoke an Attack of Opportunity, but the ogre's unarmed and therefore can't make any.)

Roll for it big boy!

Okizruin
2020-05-02, 09:50 AM
I reach out and attempt to grasp the hybrid! <Attempting melee touch attack, using a point of inspiration; 3 left this encounter> [roll0]
( OOC: https://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#grapple )

jakarta
2020-05-02, 10:36 AM
I reach out and attempt to grasp the hybrid! <Attempting melee touch attack, using a point of inspiration; 3 left this encounter> [roll0]
( OOC: https://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#grapple )

Ok, you're hugging his thigh. He seems amused, and dumps a dish of cream corn over your head before trying to brush you off...

(opposed grapple check portion of the grapple)

ogre's check: [roll0]

you roll along with your unarmed strike damage.

Okizruin
2020-05-02, 10:44 AM
(OOC: Before I make my check, can I use my Brains Over Brawn class feature here, or does this not count as an actual Strength check?)

jakarta
2020-05-02, 10:51 AM
Can you link to an online text, or type out the ability ?

And do you know what Brunswick stew is?

Okizruin
2020-05-02, 10:54 AM
(OOC:
Brains over Brawn (Ex): At 3rd level, you gain your
Intelligence bonus as a modifier on Strength checks,
Dexterity checks, and checks involving skills based on
Strength or Dexterity, such as Hide, Climb, and Jump. Also, I do not.)

jakarta
2020-05-02, 11:03 AM
(OOC: Also, I do not.)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjcqcSwxZXpAhX57XMBHR6mCA8QrbMEMAB6BAgDE AU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thespruceeats.com%2Fbrunswic k-stew-with-pork-and-chicken-3052066&usg=AOvVaw3s70UZk_ggXtT_HK5B0cpA

https://www.thespruceeats.com/brunswick-stew-with-pork-and-chicken-3052066

So, you're not a Southerner...

I'll go with yes on the Int mod. The description seems to indicate it is used on STR checks, and the title of the ability would indicate it is intended for this sort of situation.

Okizruin
2020-05-02, 11:05 AM
(OOC: Thanks for the approval!) <Grapple check> [roll0] <Unarmed Damage> [roll1]

jakarta
2020-05-02, 11:16 AM
You grunt while thinking hard about leverage, but fail.

The ogre counter grapples.

Touch [roll0]

grapple [roll1], damage [roll2]

Okizruin
2020-05-02, 11:27 AM
I attempt to counter his grasp! [roll0] (OOC: Nonlethal, correct?)

jakarta
2020-05-02, 12:01 PM
Tie goes to the larger creature.

Let's say 4 lethal and 5 nonlethal, assuming your intention it to allow the fight to stop.

He lifts you up and dunks your head in a vat of Brunswick stew. He holds you there for a moment, then allows you to collapse, sputtering, in front of the table.

As you try vainly to get the pepper laced vinegar out of your eyes and nose, he dumps a tray of sliced ham down his throat, followed by the deviled eggs, sweeps all the fried chicken into his bag, tosses a whole blueberry pie in his mouth, then walks away, cake in each hand.

<<This should tide me over til we find parfait. Take what you want and come along. >>

Okizruin
2020-05-02, 12:03 PM
(OOC: Ack. I'm a bit too humiliated to really continue. I curse my ill luck.)

jakarta
2020-05-02, 12:30 PM
He is heading towards the cross road community of Scott. There are a few secondary roads, so you might be able to redirect him back to Wrightsville.

Okizruin
2020-05-02, 12:32 PM
I try to figure out the best way to do so. <Knowledge: Local> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-05-02, 12:38 PM
Right at the next cross road.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Okizruin
2020-05-02, 12:55 PM
(OOC: I will let you continue, unless you're expecting me to do something at this point.)

jakarta
2020-05-02, 12:59 PM
(OOC: I will let you continue, unless you're expecting me to do something at this point.)

Actually, I'm out of steam. 1 am here. I'll pick up in the morning.

Okizruin
2020-05-02, 08:32 PM
(OOC: Quick thing to note. Due to time zone differences, I will most likely be asleep when you wake up.)

jakarta
2020-05-03, 04:16 AM
You see a sign. "Snell Bridge Ahead"

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 07:21 AM
What do I know about Snell Bridge? <Knowledge: Local> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-05-03, 09:09 AM
Named after the Snell farm near it. The. Snells paid for its construction.

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 09:16 AM
I keep on going forward if there's nothing else to do.

jakarta
2020-05-03, 09:24 AM
Do you want to go down to the creek and take a bath? That squash and cream corn is getting ripe...

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 09:38 AM
That would be an acceptable detour. Glad I have a spare outfit.

jakarta
2020-05-03, 09:57 AM
What do you tell the ogre?

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 10:11 AM
<<Orcish>> "Feeling tired?" (OOC: I hope that getting him to nap will work.)

jakarta
2020-05-03, 10:18 AM
"Vhy youse ast?"

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 10:25 AM
"I'm going to take a bath, okay?"

jakarta
2020-05-03, 10:37 AM
Sniff.

"Yah, youse steek."

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 10:42 AM
"Will you stay here while I take a bath, or...?"

jakarta
2020-05-03, 10:58 AM
"Will you stay here while I take a bath, or...?"

"I crum."

1-30 No one is there.
31-60 Some one is there.
61-90 Something is there.
91-100. You think no one is there, reroll.

Really! don't peek! [roll0]

jakarta
2020-05-03, 11:10 AM
You walk down under the bridge and discover...

1-10 The sheriff fishing.
11-20 Mr. Snell inspecting the bridge
21-30 moonshiners [roll0]
31-40 skinny dippers [roll1] ,33% boys, 33-66 girls, 67-99 mixed, 100 werefrogs [roll2]
41-70 troll
71-80 Deputies [roll3] laying in wait for [roll4]
81-90 beautiful woman [roll5]
91-93 who is a siren
94-97 who is a nymph
98-99 hag
100 roll 3 times.

[roll6]

jakarta
2020-05-03, 11:13 AM
...three beautiful women, one each of blond, brunette, and ginger, in a makeshift camp.

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 11:20 AM
I ignore them; it's probably a trap. Three attractive ladies, in the middle of nowhere? Something's gotta be up.

jakarta
2020-05-03, 11:39 AM
So, you just go take a bath? Right I front of them?

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 11:44 AM
I go a little further along the creek first, hopefully out of sight of them.

jakarta
2020-05-03, 11:51 AM
I go a little further along the creek first, hopefully out of sight of them.

You go aways round the first bend down stream about 50 ft.

1-30 No one is there.
31-40 Some one is there.
41-90 Something is there.
91-100. You think no one is there, reroll.

[roll0]

jakarta
2020-05-03, 11:53 AM
Now that you have some privacy, what do you do?

[roll0]

them: [roll1]

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 11:54 AM
Alright, I start cleaning up, since it seems like I'm alone.

jakarta
2020-05-03, 11:58 AM
So...bathing, changing clothes?

Listen check

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 12:08 PM
Yes, you would be correct there. <Listen> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-05-03, 12:10 PM
The laughter of the ogre drifts around the bend.

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 12:40 PM
Once I'm nice and clean, I get dressed then head back to the laughter.

jakarta
2020-05-03, 12:56 PM
Now all nice and clean, you return to find that the women have packed up their camp and the ogre now holds their cooking pot.

He is chatting in Giant with the blond.

The smiling ginger approaches you.

"So you are the delightful man who is taking us out for parfait...

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 12:57 PM
"Hands off, you three. I said only he is getting parfait."

jakarta
2020-05-03, 01:04 PM
"Wait...you two...are together?

Not that there's anything wrong with that." she hastens to add.

jakarta
2020-05-03, 01:05 PM
sense motive check.

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 01:06 PM
(OOC: I suspect big trouble coming...) <Sense Motive, untrained> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-05-03, 01:13 PM
She definitely thinks there is something wrong with that, but she is surprised rather than personally offended.

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 01:17 PM
"Actually, it's not that kind of relationship. He accosted me and said he wanted parfait, so I am on a quest of sorts to get him that."

jakarta
2020-05-03, 01:26 PM
Oh...Well, in that case, we'll help.

Then, quieter, Don't worry, we've got our own coin.

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 01:32 PM
Something feels wrong here. <Sense Motive, untrained> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-05-03, 01:42 PM
She definitely seems more chaotic than lawful, but then who are you to judge?

The ogre and the other two start up the path back to the bridge, and Ginger turns to follow.

2 spot checks.

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 01:47 PM
(OOC: I curse my lack of creativity here.)
[roll0]
[roll1]

jakarta
2020-05-03, 01:53 PM
The brunette has a large book strapped to her backpack, and Ginger's pouch looks a bit large.

Oh, hey! Look, a check you can make trained!

Know: arcane.

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 01:59 PM
What kind of power is that? [roll0]

jakarta
2020-05-03, 02:03 PM
What kind of power is that? [roll0]

The check was just to see if you recognized the probable spell book and component pouch. You did.

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 02:05 PM
<<orcish>> "They're magic girls, not good!" (OOC: I hope they don't speak orcish)

jakarta
2020-05-03, 02:28 PM
He replies in common.

"Vhy majink girls bad?"

Ginger looks at you over her shoulder. "Yes? Vhy?"

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 02:30 PM
I try to recall what problems witches can pose. <Knowledge: Arcana> [roll0]

jakarta
2020-05-03, 07:38 PM
Oh, there was that whole Munchkin County thing, the Mouse problem in Eastwick, the Blue Bell shortage, ....

but do you really want to bring any of that up?

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 08:20 PM
I whisper to the hybrid in Orcish: "You like Blue Bell ice cream, correct?"
(OOC: Also, I'll be asleep by the time you reply.)

jakarta
2020-05-03, 08:38 PM
Are you walking pass the 3 women to go whisper to the ogre?

(And do you know the Blue Bell reference? )

jakarta
2020-05-03, 08:46 PM
https://youtu.be/63qtYi1nwcs

Blue Bell

Okizruin
2020-05-03, 08:49 PM
I carefully walk around the witches, keeping my eyes on them so they can't do anything funny.

(OOC: How dare you rickroll me, and I'm going to bed now.)

jakarta
2020-05-03, 09:25 PM
Crime of opportunity. Popped up in my suggestions while I was looking for this.

https://youtu.be/jMDNsHb-sI4

You step awkwardly around them while staring at each in turn.

They seem perplexed as to how they should react...

The ogre's reply is "What's blue Bell?"

Okizruin
2020-05-04, 07:16 AM
I whisper back: "It's a brand of ice cream."

jakarta
2020-05-04, 08:24 AM
At a normal for an ogre (loud) tone, "Need Boo Bell make Par Fey?"

Okizruin
2020-05-04, 09:00 AM
At a normal for an ogre (loud) tone, "Need Boo Bell make Par Fey?"

I whisper back to the ogre: "You don't need ice cream to make a parfait." I head to the ladies and whisper to them: "Don't tell him, but I'm actually headed to a sheriff to turn him in for various crimes." I also tell them what crimes I've seen him do, as well as what I saw on the wanted poster, whispered so the ogre doesn't hear.

jakarta
2020-05-04, 09:15 AM
I whisper back to the ogre: "You don't need ice cream to make a parfait." I head to the ladies and whisper to them: "Don't tell him, but I'm actually headed to a sheriff to turn him in for various crimes." I also tell them what crimes I've seen him do, as well as what I saw on the wanted poster, whispered so the ogre doesn't hear.

Hang on, let's not get too ahead of ourselves...

Bluff check on that ice cream lie.

jakarta
2020-05-04, 09:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRyR2FKooq4

Okizruin
2020-05-04, 09:43 AM
(OOC: That was a mistake on my part; I thought you didn't need ice cream to make a parfait.)

jakarta
2020-05-04, 10:25 AM
(OOC: That was a mistake on my part; I thought you didn't need ice cream to make a parfait.)

(ok, let me play clean up, the the typical DnD fashion...)

(hang on need to reload, not all of the interface loaded...)

Okizruin
2020-05-04, 10:31 AM
(OOC: That's understandable.)

jakarta
2020-05-04, 11:50 AM
"WHAT YOU MEAN? Don't need eyes cream for PAR FEY? TonkyDonky say Par Fey av eyes cream!"

"Yeah, Eddy would know!

Looking at you like she is explaining to a small child, Ginger starts in "A parfait is ice cream, peanuts, and chocolate sauce."

"Hot Fudge." inserts the brunette.

She and the blonde then start debating if it has to be hot fudge or if just sauce will do.

Ginger and the ogre begin an animated discussion in Giant.

Then the underbrush and a small tree on the far side of the bridge are smashed and a wagon sized snail with flailing tentacles emerges from the smashed hole in the wood line and starts crossing the bridge!

Okizruin
2020-05-04, 11:51 AM
"Look, a literal monster!" I point in the direction of the snail-like creature.

jakarta
2020-05-04, 11:57 AM
They are already looking.

Oh! What will become of us?

Save us oh manly men!

Won't you protect us? nudges Ginger from behind you.

Okizruin
2020-05-04, 11:59 AM
I approach the creature with caution; thankfully, I still have my Lightning Gauntlets shaped and my essentia invested.

jakarta
2020-05-04, 12:01 PM
roll initiative

[roll0]

Okizruin
2020-05-04, 12:03 PM
( OOC: This might be trouble, since I don't have any class features that affect initative. ) [roll0]

jakarta
2020-05-04, 12:21 PM
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wvD1inok7Q4/W0ldi8ShKtI/AAAAAAAALWs/z-LHOphewdsdbManHsFS8gRLt34qOfAJgCLcBGAs/s1600/2018-07-14-FlailSnail-004.jpg

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/thumbor/rw3VIckWO6T6y_xYc-Q12U0tNAQ=/68x29:1211x672/720x405/media/img/upload/wire/2014/05/19/shrek1/original.jpg

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/thumbor/rw3VIckWO6T6y_xYc-Q12U0tNAQ=/68x29:1211x672/720x405/media/img/upload/wire/2014/05/19/shrek1/original.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/62/bc/12/62bc12345d063a84e8907527b288d5ad.jpg

It delays pending target, and when you walk up it flails at you with its mace like flail tentacles as you get within 10 ft of it, and takes if AoO as you step into your melee range.

1: [roll0], crit? [roll1]. dam [roll2]
2: [roll3], crit? [roll4]. dam [roll5]
3: [roll6], crit? [roll7]. dam [roll8]
4: [roll9], crit? [roll10]. dam [roll11]
5: [roll12], crit? [roll13]. dam [roll14]
6: [roll15], crit? [roll16]. dam [roll17]

Okizruin
2020-05-04, 12:25 PM
(OOC: Only 2 hit for a total of 9 damage.) Wait a minute, this seems too suspicious. I attempt to disbelieve the illusion! (OOC: I'm not rolling the Will save yet. I might be mistaken on the illusion bit.)

jakarta
2020-05-04, 12:31 PM
ok.
Roll a will save and an intelligence check,

and while you stand and do that

the snail takes 5 more swings at you and then takes a 5 ft slime glide back.

Okizruin
2020-05-04, 12:33 PM
<Will Save, boosted with Cunning Insight> [roll0]
<Intelligence check> [roll1]

jakarta
2020-05-04, 12:35 PM
Oh, since you are disbelieving, those last attacks were vs flatfooted.

jakarta
2020-05-04, 12:36 PM
And you know believe in the snail. .. with all your heart even. :smallbiggrin:

Okizruin
2020-05-04, 12:37 PM
(OOC: That changed nothing, since the attacks that missed rolled below 15. Thank you, mithral chainmail.)

jakarta
2020-05-04, 12:37 PM
And you know believe in the snail. .. with all your heart even. :smallbiggrin:

And its been long enough for the non lethal damage from the food fight to wear off.

Okizruin
2020-05-04, 12:40 PM
I gonna try frying it with my Lightning Gauntlets. To Hit: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

jakarta
2020-05-04, 12:47 PM
You have to take a 5 ft step to get into melee range again.

Reflex save, dc 16 or fall prone in snail slime.

Okizruin
2020-05-04, 12:49 PM
{{Reflex Save, I got a decent one.}} [roll0]

jakarta
2020-05-04, 12:51 PM
Miss.

Snail's turn.

(it's a good idea to copy your attack routines on notepad)

It again glides back 5 ft after attacking.

Okizruin
2020-05-04, 12:52 PM
(OOC: At -2 HP and dying.)

jakarta
2020-05-04, 01:15 PM
350 xp for bravely facing the flail snail, and an additional 350 for other experience so far.

You hear gentle singing in you dreams, and see branches and clouds gently slide pass above you. You gaze difts over to Ginger looking down at you before darkness overtakes you again.

and we'll pick up again tomorrow when your character awakens...

Be advised that the forum doesn't seem to be sending tread notifications to my email again. Maybe we were just going so fast it needs to catch up.

jakarta
2020-05-04, 01:21 PM
Oh, I fixed it.
It's real easy to hit the unsubscribe link in the email by accident.

Okizruin
2020-05-04, 07:58 PM
(OOC: Actually, I would like to stop here and say my character bled out and died, if that's okay with you.)

jakarta
2020-05-04, 08:18 PM
Well, it's been fun.
Would you like to reboot?

Okizruin
2020-05-04, 08:19 PM
I'd like to take a break instead. Mind if I deleted my character sheet?

jakarta
2020-05-04, 09:38 PM
That's fine. Let me know when you are ready to restart.

In case you were wondering... Snell Bridge Road is outside my hometown.

I wasn't able to attend my great uncle's funeral Friday, so I sorta worked it into the game. It was therapeutic.

Thank you.