PDA

View Full Version : How would you build a OoW AL legal Warforged Storm Sorcerer / Tempest Cleric?

Rivaler
2020-04-28, 11:31 AM
Hello everyone!

As the title says, after pondering about it and asking suggestions, I'm thinking of running this upcoming new campaign as a Warforged storm sorcerer / Tempest cleric. The idea is that of fluffing my spells as arm-mounted weapon shots, going around carring a shield. A "negotiator" droid, that's actually decently armed and with a good AC. Thing is, I could really use some advice on building this, as I've never used any of those classes before.

My idea would be starting with sorc for the constitution saving throw proficiency, then getting two cleric levels for the armor proficiency and all other goodies, and then sorc for the rest of the build, possibly getting warcaster at level 6 for advantage on concentration checks and the occasional OA spell.

Do you guys have any suggestion on this multiclass? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Aeriox
2020-04-28, 12:31 PM
Wouldn’t you not be able to use warforged and storm sorcerer in AL because of the PHB + 1 thing?

Rivaler
2020-04-28, 12:44 PM
From what I've been told by my master, and reading the campaign AL rules, PHB +1 wouldn't apply, but I'm restricted to contents from PHB, Xanathar's and Eberron RLW, effectively making the combination legal (since Storm Sorcerer is both on Xanathar and SCAG)! :smallbiggrin:

CTurbo
2020-04-28, 02:22 PM
Envoy Warforged 9 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Con, 8 Int, 14 Wis, 16 Cha

Start Sorcerer 1, take the 2 Cleric levels, then go Sorcerer from there. You'll probably feel a little behind the curve around levels 4-6 but that's to be expected. I would bump +2 Cha first chance you get.

WaroftheCrans
2020-04-29, 12:40 PM
Envoy is AL legal? I thought warforged got gutted and put into a single race with no subraces. I would love to know I'm wrong though, I really like the subraces in mechanics and concept.
And the integrated protection was great, no more legal 30 AC characters for me.