PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Improved Casting Gloves

Max Caysey
2020-04-29, 04:42 PM
So I'm looking for an item option, which can hold larger heavier object than casting gloves. I like the idea of the gloves, and albeit a tad expencive I like what they do.

What OI'm looking for is Casting Gloves, which can hold a A3 sized, 1000 leafed tome, which weighs 50 lbs.

I havent been able to find it. I was looking at Belt of Many Pockets but that too is limited to smaller items...

Any help, or suggestions would be great!

Noxangelo
2020-04-29, 05:22 PM
the handy haversack is probably what you are after its smaller than a bag of holding but retrieving items is only a move action that doesn't provoke AoO.

RNightstalker
2020-04-29, 08:12 PM
Mind us asking why you need that delivery method? Maybe we can come up with a better solution to your need.

Biggus
2020-04-29, 09:24 PM
I don't think there are any items in 3.5 which allow you to use larger items without getting them out. There are potentially other ways round the problem though as Rnightstalker says, what exactly do you need it for?

Thurbane
2020-04-29, 10:34 PM
Glove of the Master Strategist (Ghostwalk p.71): acts as a Glove of Storing (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#gloveofStoring) + true strike 1/day for 3600gp.

Note that as a 3.0 item, it is very under-priced compared to the 3.5 Glove of Storing.

Max Caysey
2020-04-30, 05:11 AM
So I just want to have my master spellbook with me at all times, in a pocket plane, which to me, AFAIK, cant be stolen from, which with a snap of my fingers apear in my hand.

I'm trying to carry my spell book with me, without it being possible to steal, and preferably not in a bag of holding, or anything like that, since I dont really want to carry a bag arond... that will draw attention. So it has to be hidden in my clothes specifically...

So what I neen are casting gloves or belt of many pockets that can carry larger and heavyer objects... or something similar to that...

bean illus
2020-04-30, 10:23 AM
So I just want to have my master spellbook with me at all times, in a pocket plane, which to me, AFAIK, cant be stolen from, which with a snap of my fingers apear in my hand.

I'm trying to carry my spell book with me, without it being possible to steal, ...
So what I neen are casting gloves or belt of many pockets that can carry larger and heavyer objects... or something similar to that...

What level character? There might be an easy way (a custom sized Handy Fannypak?), or a high level method ... .

RNightstalker
2020-04-30, 11:36 AM

I'm trying to carry my spell book with me, without it being possible to steal, and preferably not in a bag of holding, or anything like that, since I dont really want to carry a bag arond... that will draw attention. So it has to be hidden in my clothes specifically...

What level character? There might be an easy way (a custom sized Handy Fannypak?), or a high level method ... .

I think a custom item may be the way to go. If it isn't cost effective to increase the capacity of a casting glove, try talking to the DM about a smaller version of a portable hole. Folded up it can look like a handkerchief, so a smaller one could fit in an eyepatch?

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-04-30, 12:17 PM
You could always combine a number of magic items into one. (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?177889-Brainstorm-for-Psionic-Tricks-Tactics-and-Combos-Handbook&p=23285432&viewfull=1#post23285432)

Max Caysey
2020-05-01, 06:22 AM
I think a custom item may be the way to go. If it isn't cost effective to increase the capacity of a casting glove, try talking to the DM about a smaller version of a portable hole. Folded up it can look like a handkerchief, so a smaller one could fit in an eyepatch?

How would one go about designing a custom magic item, which did what casting gloves does, but with the ability to encompass something the size and weight of a large tome (A3 size, weighing 50 lbs)?... I'm talking in terms of mechanics... I know my DM could just hand wave it, but I would like to present a recipe for him preferably...

Cheers!

Emperor Tippy
2020-05-01, 06:27 AM
Glove of the Master Strategist (Ghostwalk p.71): acts as a Glove of Storing (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#gloveofStoring) + true strike 1/day for 3600gp.

Note that as a 3.0 item, it is very under-priced compared to the 3.5 Glove of Storing.

You mean sanely priced. ;)

Gloves of Storing are absurdly overpriced.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-05-01, 06:38 AM
How would one go about designing a custom magic item, which did what casting gloves does, but with the ability to encompass something the size and weight of a large tome (A3 size, weighing 50 lbs)?... I'm talking in terms of mechanics... I know my DM could just hand wave it, but I would like to present a recipe for him preferably...

Cheers!X/day shrink item, used on the book prior to storing in the glove?

Alternatively, use permanency with shrink item, and no houserules are necessary.

RNightstalker
2020-05-01, 08:45 PM

Cheers!

You mean sanely priced. ;)

Gloves of Storing are absurdly overpriced.

A simple thing would be to triple the price for triple the capacity, so a Glove of the Master Strategist at 3x capacity would be 10,800gp? Cheaper than a portable hole, a pinch above a regular Glove of Storing.