PDA

View Full Version : Odd Question

TauKid
2007-10-25, 11:01 AM
I'll spare you the details of the campaign, but I had recently become a Blood Magus and I couldn't wait to start jumping into people, though i hadn't reached that level. An "boss" we were facing was a wizard and I thought

"What if he was a blood magus and we tried to jump into each other at the exact same time, what would happen?"

I brought this up and we had a lengthy discussion/tangent about this. The dm at the time brought it up on a RvB forum and they decide that they'd just switch places. I don't know about this, so i thought I'd bring it up on a dedicated gaming site, here.

I'd like to here anyone's thoughts on this.

goat
2007-10-25, 11:10 AM
I think I'd go for contested rolls.

TauKid
2007-10-25, 11:21 AM
I think I'd go for contested rolls.

That's a good idea, but would the loser lose his use of bloodwalk for that day?

Yuki Akuma
2007-10-25, 11:26 AM
...They can't. It's absolutely impossible to do anything simultaneously, with the way the initiative system works. Even with readied actions, the readied action always goes first.

The one with the higher initiative (or with the highest Dexterity modifier in the case of a tie, or the winner of the coin toss if both have the same Dexterity) jumps into the other. The other then... has no target for Blood Walk and can't use it. He doesn't use the ability, either, because without a target he simply can't activate it.

BadJuJu
2007-10-25, 11:27 AM
Fuse into one being.

Fax Celestis
2007-10-25, 11:35 AM
...They can't. It's absolutely impossible to do anything simultaneously, with the way the initiative system works. Even with readied actions, the readied action always goes first.

The one with the higher initiative (or with the highest Dexterity modifier in the case of a tie, or the winner of the coin toss if both have the same Dexterity) jumps into the other. The other then... has no target for Blood Walk and can't use it. He doesn't use the ability, either, because without a target he simply can't activate it.

Yuki's got it.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-25, 11:36 AM
Yes he does. I like BadJuJu's idea, though.

F.L.
2007-10-25, 04:03 PM
It's not the rule, but there just should be a blood explosion extraordinare!

Kurald Galain
2007-10-25, 05:07 PM
Fuse into one being.

Only if they perform that zany Fusion Dance first!

TimeWizard
2007-10-25, 05:14 PM
Magic Earrings.

Guy_Whozevl
2007-10-25, 05:29 PM
Fusion-Ha!

TauKid
2007-10-26, 09:41 AM

That a very good point, but I was also wondering about what if it hypothetically (I realize I don't know how to speel that) happened in the D&D world, not neccesarily in a games.

And I really like the fusion and blood explosion idea, that would be sweet.:smallbiggrin:

Prometheus
2007-10-26, 03:32 PM
You each end up with half of your body and half of the other's. I'm not completely sure of all the ramifications of this, I supposed it who depend on how you are divided and how well you can adapt to (half of) each other's bodies.

Prometheus
2007-10-26, 03:33 PM
EDIT: Sorry for the double post, meant to hit edit

Another possibility - one of you goes to the spiritual world alive and the other controls two bodies (but only one at a time) - contested roll for which is which.

bugsysservant
2007-10-26, 03:49 PM
GAH! You would undermine the fabric of reality itself, bursting the ancient seals upon the prison of the mightiest being ever, sealed away long ago by an ancient DM fiat till the end of time itself. Yes, you would unleash the mighty PUN-PUN and the world shall know its wrath. :smalleek:

TauKid
2007-10-26, 08:10 PM
GAH! You would undermine the fabric of reality itself, bursting the ancient seals upon the prison of the mightiest being ever, sealed away long ago by an ancient DM fiat till the end of time itself. Yes, you would unleash the mighty PUN-PUN and the world shall know its wrath. :smalleek:

Very melodramatic of you. Is there a cliche (once again, I can't spell) count down to the end of the world, too. (Though it'd be kinda sweet)

And iI love your signature, one of my favortie "poems".

bugsysservant
2007-10-26, 08:17 PM
Very melodramatic of you. Is there a cliche (once again, I can't spell) count down to the end of the world, too. (Though it'd be kinda sweet)

And iI love your signature, one of my favortie "poems".

No countdown, but there is an obscure book of forgotten arcane lore written on a mysterious leathery substance pointing to an item, shattered into four pieces and scattered to the winds which will allow one to reform the seals on the prison.

And I am not melodramatic! :smallyuk: