PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Conversion of Bed Dragon (humor, breaks rules)

Debihuman
2020-04-30, 09:13 AM
A bed dragon is an animated polymorphed Bed.

Bed Dragon
Neutral Large Construct, CR 3
XP 800
Init +5; Senses Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, Perception +1

DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+1 Dex, +5 natural)
hp 52 (4d10+30)
Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +4
Immune paralysis, sleep
Weaknesses Vulnerability to fire

OFFENSE
Speed 60 ft., fly 30 ft. (average)
Melee bite +6 (1d8), 2 claws +6 (1d6)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft. (15 ft. with bite)
Special Attacks breath weapon (40-ft. cone, DC 13, 2d4 ), splinter breath

STATISTICS
Str 17, Dex 13, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 10
Base Atk +4; CMB +8; CMD 9 (13 vs. trip)
Feats HoverB, Improved InitiativeB
Skills —
Languages —

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Splinter Breath (Su)
Instead of a line of fire, a bed dragon can breathe a 40-foot cone of splinters. Creatures within the cone must succeed on a Fortitude save or take 2d4 points of piercing damage. A successful save (DC 13) halves the damage. The save is Dexterity-based rather than Constitution-based.

ECOLOGY
Environment Urban
Organization solitary (unique)
Treasure none
A bed dragon looks like a dragon carved from wood, with billowing bedsheets for wings and a tail that ends in a soft pillow. The bed dragon is not that smart and will use its Splinter Breath as often as possible, simply trying to attack the closest target when it is not available. It will, however, prioritize enemies that use fire against it. If killed, it reverts into a beaten up old bed. The first bed dragon was created by a wizard who cast polymorph any object on his bed.

The bed dragon can be ridden by its master. It lasts 2 days before reverting to its normal bed state unless killed. A bed dragon can be made permanent with a permanency spell.

Notes: This is a rough conversion and breaks a few rules. The original bed dragon is from a 5e Module The Wild Sheep Chase currently available for free on https://www.dmsguild.com/product/170937/The-Wild-Sheep-Chase--A-SingleSession-Adventure. This is more construct than dragon so it doesn't have a Con score or Int score and uses Dex score for its breath weapon.

rferries
2020-04-30, 09:39 AM
Splinter Breath is the first time I've been unnerved by a special attack. Ouch...

DracoDei
2020-04-30, 12:08 PM
Couldn't find the module. Are you pranking us? If not, can you link more directly?

Debihuman
2020-05-01, 12:36 AM
Couldn't find the module. Are you pranking us? If not, can you link more directly?

Sorry I thought it was on that site as well. It's only on DM's Guild for free. My link is fixed in the original post.

Debby

Miss Disaster
2020-05-05, 03:48 PM
I love it! Nice job, Debbie. I'm stealing this one for a somniomancer BBEG of mine.

This dragon also screams for a variant with a magic sleep breath weapon.

RecordedChaos
2020-05-05, 11:30 PM
That splinter breath made me shudder when I read it, yikes

paddyfool
2020-05-07, 03:56 AM
I love it! Nice job, Debbie. I'm stealing this one for a somniomancer BBEG of mine.

Maybe if we brewed up an advanced Greater Bed Dragon version with more hit dice, it could benefit from a Sleep and/or a Lesser Restoration SLA?

Debihuman
2020-05-07, 11:42 PM

Sounds good to me.