PDA

View Full Version : Caltrop effects?

Aotrs Commander
2020-04-30, 11:08 AM
Can anyone think of any other spells of effects that have the same effects as caltrops/Spike Growth/Spike Stones? I.e., half-speed for 24 hours until 1 point of healing recieved or 10 minutes DC 15 heal check?

I'm simplifying a bit by moving the effect to a condition (Hobbled) - which means less wording and faffing about (made writing up heal skill a lot less wordy, for one!), but I'm sure I remember there being other things in 3.5 and Pathfinder that have the same effect, buty can't think of any off the top of my head. Can anyone think of any?

(In 3.5, I'm specifically looking at psionics, the Spell Cpmpendium and and PHB 2, since all the other splats I use are in my documents and I can just search for it.)

emulord
2020-04-30, 11:58 AM
Not that I can think of, but this seems like it would be great for a Rogue sneak attack Feat option.
Hamstring: -1d6 sneak attack damage to inflict Hobbled Condition or something

Aotrs Commander
2020-04-30, 12:02 PM
Not that I can think of, but this seems like it would be great for a Rogue sneak attack Feat option.
Hamstring: -1d6 sneak attack damage to inflict Hobbled Condition or something

Actually, as I started going through my nonspell document looking, I found it literally IS a rogue feat; one of the Ambush feats from Complete Adventurer or Scoundral I forget which, even down to the name, Hamstring. It's -2D6 as written, though I think you're right, it probably ought to be only 1D6.

(In fact, cleaning it up to be just the condition actually makes it better and it stands a chance of being taken now...!)