PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help! Level 20 tournament! (5e)

LordKarnox
2020-04-30, 12:23 PM
(i will post my character sheet link after I can-I only have 7 posts and need 10 to do links) So, my friend is running a one-shot: A tournament arena thing where a bad guy is going to rip characters out of realities to fight to the death. And he told us to build level 20 characters for pop-culture. Hot damn, this is gonna be awesome. I decided on building the Doomslayer(yes, I know about Tulok the Barbarians version-I don't like it)We are allowed 2 very rare magic items, 3 rares, and 4 uncommons, and we were told to ask him about homebrew stuff. My 4 homebrew items are The Super Shotgun, The Crucible(which is just a regular old +3 greatsword but its a greataxe for damage), a Ring of Bravery and the BFG 9000(which is just a Wand of Fireballs but force damage) I built The Doomslayer as a 20 Champion(now changed to Brute) Fighter and am looking for ways to optimize the build a bit more as I did a test run aganist a friend who built Ganondorf and I got rekt. This WAS before I made some changes however. The arena is unknown, though the DM said it's around the size of a roman colosseum. The other characters are so far are as follows:

Myself, as The Doomslayer
The prementioned Ganondorfus from The Legend of Zelda(20 Path of The Zealot Barbarian)
Azazel from Binding of Issac(17 level Pact of the Fiend Warlock, 3 level Demon Sorcerer)
Scorpian from Mortal Kombat(unknown-DM character)
Darth Maul(unknown-DM character)
Some type of bard

I'm considering taking out Sharpshooter for the Resislient feat to put onto wisdom, as those saves would cripple the Doomslayer, and I would be able to take out the Ring of Bravery for another magic item, but so far have decided aganist it because of the fact that I would have disadvantage on longer ranged attacks, which I have no way to close the gap with otherwise.

LordKarnox
2020-04-30, 01:00 PM
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2188706

Link to The Doomslayer sheet

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2194491

Link to Ganondorfus sheet

Eldariel
2020-05-04, 02:41 PM
So...you're building a Champion Fighter for a level 20 arena? Is the goal to model Doomguy as well as possible or to optimise your chances of winning?

LordKarnox
2020-05-06, 03:07 PM
So...you're building a Champion Fighter for a level 20 arena? Is the goal to model Doomguy as well as possible or to optimise your chances of winning?

Brute Fighter now, and optimize-Pretty much everyone at the table is gonna optimize since the DM said its gonna be hella hard and he isn't gonna pull any punches. I forgot to mention that we will also be fighting npcs as well.